Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Which episodes have a hidden final scene?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 40
Apr 18th 2006

Hi all, first post here. Been lurking a while...love the site and The Office! Best show on television.

Anyhow, I was trying to remember which episodes have that little extra scene at the end.

I know these for sure:

Email Surveillence (Michael and his Improv roots) Valentine's Day (Fiddler on the Roof!) Take Your Daughter to Work Day ("It never came to that.")

What are some of the others? Those are some of my favorite moments...so short, but so great! Thanks.

Apr 18th 2006

Boys and Girls... Dwight with the snow angel.

Apr 18th 2006

Performance Review... "Never missed a day my ass."

Tied the whole episode together. So good.

Apr 18th 2006

Email Surveillance...Michael's "how I got into Improv speech" ending with "the real way is...I found a flier"

Apr 18th 2006

I love the "how I got into improv" talking head! It was so funny because it is one of those times that Michael thinks he is funny and laughs at himself.

Another great quote from that episode:

"Think about this, what is the most exciting thing that can happen on TV or in movies, or in real-life? Somebody has a gun. That’s why I always start with a gun, because you can’t top it. You just can’t."

New Falling Auctions @ Scranton Branch Merchandise

Apr 18th 2006

Michael's "how I got into Improv speech" ending with "the real way is...I found a flier"

Even better was the way he fumbled at the beginning. Totally authentic, if you've ever been to amateur standup night. "I got into improv -- the way I got into improv -- the story about me getting into improv is..."

Aug 10th 2006 edited

The very best ending IMHO is in The Client. The "look" that Michael and Jim share with each other says everything. No dialogue needed.

Edit: Wait a minute. Take that back. The best ending ever was THE KISS!!!! Then the "look" from The Client.

Aug 10th 2006

The British episodes were always terriffic with these.

"It hurts!" "No it doesn't"

Aug 20th 2008

"It's a date."

Still the best.

Aug 20th 2008

Yes. Yes it is.

Aug 20th 2008

That's not the ending, though. Ryan getting the promotion is the last scene, isn't it?

Aug 20th 2008

That's the beginning of S4, not the conclusion of S3.

Aug 20th 2008

That's not the ending, though. Ryan getting the promotion is the last scene, isn't it?

I was getting ready to say the same thing. The tag was Ryan getting the job and breaking up with Kelly.

Aug 20th 2008

That's the beginning of S4, not the conclusion of S3.

False.

I was getting ready to say the same thing. The tag was Ryan getting the job and breaking up with Kelly.

Fact.

Aug 20th 2008

Wrong, MB.

Very, very wrong.

**Look, you're a dramatics-guy. You know this stuff.

Jim breaking in on the end of Pam's TH and asking her out concluded the story-arc of S3. Afterwards, when they went to the teaser of Ryan's conversation with David Wallace, that was the shift over to the story-arc of S4.

So I'm sorry, but I'm right.

:-p

Aug 20th 2008 edited

Um, I believe the Ryan scene is on the last disc of Season 3, so, last scene. Ipso fatso cogito ergo sum.

Aug 20th 2008

Well, res ipse loquitur to you, too, asshole! ;-)

I'm still right. I don't give a Happy Damn about discs!

Aug 20th 2008 edited

Also, how about Ryan's Season 3 story arc of commiting to the company and trying to find success and all that stuff? He's a part of Season 3 just like the whole Jim-Pam thing is.

res ipse loquitur

You're right. It does speak for itself.

Aug 20th 2008

Is someone drinking?

Aug 20th 2008

What gb said.

Aug 20th 2008

Is someone drinking?

Yes. gb. ;-)

Aug 21st 2008

Yep. Drinking the reality Kool-Aid. It's very tasty.

Aug 21st 2008 edited

In the deleted tag from Drug Testing, we learn that it was a warehouse worker
who left that joint in the parking lot.

And the last image of S3 is Ryan grinning at the camera after telling Kelly,
"You and I are done." Yes it is.

Aug 21st 2008

And the last image of S3 is Ryan grinning at the camera after telling Kelly, "You and I are done." Yes it is.

I know that technically it is the last scene of S3. But, mtt is right that it is a setup for S4 and isn't really a conclusion for an arc in S3.

Aug 21st 2008

Yes, but technically is all that matters in this context. It's the last scene of the episode in Season 3. And now I'll shut up.

Aug 21st 2008

Hi, gbone! I've already shut up about it. How's the job going?

Aug 21st 2008

It's getting better, thanks. It's also reminded me of what I really like to do, and the type of job I'll be looking for, which I'll describe to an excruciating length later this evening.

Aug 21st 2008 edited

For those of you who don't know, gb works for the esteemed law firm of
Dewey, Cheetum and Howe.

Aug 21st 2008

Cool! gb, can you introduce me to Click and Clack?

Aug 21st 2008

Yes, I can. I won't bother with Ira Glass, though. That guy's a tool.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 40
Top of PageBack to discussions