Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
2.21 Conflict Resolution
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >
1 to 30 of 224
May 1st 2006 edited
  • Season 2 : Episode 21
  • First aired on May 4, 2006
  • Written by Greg Daniels
  • Directed by Charles McDougall
  • Northern Attack Recap

I sprout mung beans on a damp paper towel in my desk drawer. Very nutritious, but they smell like death.

May 2nd 2006

I like how the plot synopsis is just "chaos ensues." That's really all you need.

May 2nd 2006

I like how the plot synopsis is just "chaos ensues." That's really all you need.

When I read that comment I quickly got this mental image of the warehouse at the very end of Boys & Girls. Do you remember the scene as the camera pulls back and Darly yells to Michael: "This ain't over!!".

Total chaos.

May 2nd 2006

Although this episode is called Conflict Resolution, I have a sneaking suspicion that we will see more conflict arise than be resolved.

May 2nd 2006

Thursday never comes fast enough. It's only Tuesday, for criminey's sake!

May 2nd 2006 edited

Last week the live chat went well. I think we had about 10 people stop in. We had 4 or 5 people in there the whole time.

We'll try it again this week and we'd love for as many as possible to join us.

It's not that fancy, but it gets the job done. It's really my family website and I added a chat page for us to meet in.

If you can make it, join us at willitsfamily.org as soon as the show concludes this Thursday night.

May 2nd 2006

If you'd like, I have a IRC channel set up and can put it up whenever you'd like.

May 2nd 2006

Just saw a preview for it during Teachers (yeah, I watch Teachers! I'm too lazy to change the channel after Scrubs and it's not that bad ;)). Can't wait.

May 2nd 2006

Patrick, I second being too lazy to turn the channel after Scrubs.

May 3rd 2006 edited

TopPenguin wrote:

If you'd like, I have a IRC channel set up and can put it up whenever you'd like.

I have a feeling too many people here are unfamiliar with IRC. I get all of my past episodes, interviews, and the PSA's on UseNet but many people don't know enough about Newsgroups to be able to get the files themselves. You are part of the computer generation and IRC is a big part of that.

Try explaining to a computer newbie how to setup the mIRC client!!

May 3rd 2006

I can also set it up so that the IRC goes through a web page java applet. I'll put it up later today.

May 3rd 2006

Do we know who the writer is yet for this episode?

May 3rd 2006 edited

The short summary suggests (of course) that whatever they have cooking, they don't want to give it away...I wonder if it means that a significant portion of the episode covers the development of a certain storyline...

May 3rd 2006

You know, Nathan, I was surprised about the lack of detail as well. It makes sense though...

May 3rd 2006

The column that tanster posted in the spoilers section has some information (read: spoilers, but not anything to give away too much) on the episode. That's the only place I've seen anything substantial.

May 4th 2006

Do we know who the writer is yet for this episode?

Greg Daniels! Oh boy oh boy oh boy ...

May 4th 2006

As far as conflict goes, further positive development on the JAM front could become public in the sense that Roy starts to catch on. I think it is fair to say that some serious conflict could result between Jim and Roy. (Don't worry though - Kevin would have Jim's back.)

May 4th 2006

BTW, since Jenna seems to monitor the "rumors" that pertain to the next 2 episodes, I'd like to say "Hi!" in case she reads this.

May 4th 2006

The petty complaints that Michael addresses tonight might also be a good testing of the waters for the many details that airing the documentary will bring to light.

May 4th 2006

Nathan Wrote:

The short summary suggests (of course) that whatever they have cooking, they don't want to give it away...I wonder if it means that a significant portion of the episode covers the development of a certain storyline...

That's why I think this week and next week are sort of one long episode. What they still have to accomplish will take at least 2 weeks worth to get through. It is still possible that in C.R. Michael will break Jim's secret and blow it all open.

Smart money will take JAM over RAM.

May 4th 2006

It is still possible that in C.R. Michael will break Jim's secret and blow it all open.

That's conceivable...some minor disagreement arises between the two and Michael goes off with a "Now I know there's some tension between you because..." type of thing.

May 4th 2006

To chat after the episode, I set up a chat room. You can either go to: http://72.21.32.10/~office/ or if you know how to use IRC and have a client you can go to: irc://irc.centralchat.net:6667/theoffice

May 4th 2006

Wait, so are we using Up Dog's chat or TopPenguin's chat?

May 4th 2006 edited

I'll let you guys make that call.

Office Chat

I'll have my chat room up as I did last week and those who want to join in are welcome.

Less than 45 min to showtime !!!

May 4th 2006

I say go with what came first - Up Dog and the chat room from last week. Only a half hour left!!!

May 4th 2006

Some definite classic moments, but as a JAM fan, I can honestly say it's not one of my faves...

May 4th 2006

When Jenna mentioned on her blog about the complaint about her "company time" wedding preparations it crossed my mind that it might have been from Jim. Bummer.

May 4th 2006

Jim's pranks on Dwight were outstanding. I particularly loved the weighing down of his phone with coins.

May 4th 2006

Is this the first one that didn't end with a happy little "button"?

May 4th 2006

This episode was fantastic I thought. Set up so many things. WOW

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. >