Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Da-da-dum, da-da-da-da-dum : Intro/Credits sequence
1 to 25 of 25
May 7th 2006 edited

I was wondering about if the introduction sequence would change in the third season. Of course, the Steve Carell part has already changed somewhere along the line since the first episode, though I don't know exactly where.

I just think it might be interesting to have new sequences for all the characters... of course, keeping the Scraton sequences intact. Though a change in the intro is probably highly unlikely.

May 7th 2006

I was wondering this myself as there are several new regulars since the season started. (As in Angela, Stanley, Oscar, Kevin, Merideth, Creed, Kelly, etc were added as regulars insetead of guest appearances.) So I would think they would have to be credited, right? I mean listed in the opening credits along with the original 5 cast members. Maybe they will just squeeze their names in there at the end of the intro.

May 7th 2006

I move that in the tradition of quote use in thread titles, this thread be retitled:

"Da-da-dum, da-da-da-da-dum": Intro/Credit Sequence

or something of the like.

May 7th 2006

I move that in the tradition of quote use in thread titles, this >thread be retitled:

"Da-da-dum, da-da-da-da-dum": Intro/Credit Sequence

or something of the like.

Good idea.

Oct 17th 2007

The opening is the same. I noticed it before Fun Run but hadn't commented on it until now. I think it's a nice nod to the show's roots and its longtime fans. The contrast with how the characters look becomes more and more pronounced.

Oct 17th 2007

When I hear the opening sequence, I get little butterflies in my stomach. Seriously. It always reminds me of the first time I watched an episode, almost two years ago. And even now, I know it's probably going to be a good episode. I'm glad it's still the same. I like continuity.

Oct 17th 2007

I am glad PB&J started this thread, because:

In honor of the new season, and because I have a lengthy commute for the first time in years (and thus thinking time in the car), I choreographed a little dance to go with the theme.

I wanted to post it in LT's "no words" thread, but I couldn't figure out how to get people to understand the choreographic prompts without actual words.

Do y'all want to know the little dance? It is easily performed by dancers and non-dancers alike, and I think we may have a little "Office-Macarena" deal going on if you all agree to at least give it a try.

Also: PB&J posted May 2006...waaay before Kevin picked up on that moniker. Just thought I'd point that out.

Oct 17th 2007

You know whatevs, that sounds like the kind of thing a Youtube video could better illustrate, if your point-and-shoot has a video mode, that is.

In other news, anyone like Kristen Bell?

Oct 17th 2007

I also am very glad they didn't change the opening sequence. Why fix what's not broken? Every time I hear the opening notes I get very happy. I love seeing slightly chubby Michael and Dwight flipping his tie and floppy haired Ryan. Then I see Young Jim and Young Pam and there is so much I want to tell them. But alas I can't. But it is OK because now they are happy.

Oct 17th 2007

I got a 404 error! Don't tease me like that!

Oct 17th 2007

I'm kind of torn about the unchanged opening sequence. On the one hand, it still contains Ryan, who is much less important to the show (at least in my mind) than, say, Angela or maybe even Andy -- in fact, it might be nice to see more of the people who are such a big part of my enjoyment of the show. Then again, it's old but it's good, as they say.

What are they going to do when one of the big four skips out to try to do films?

Oct 17th 2007

You know whatevs, that sounds like the kind of thing a Youtube video could better illustrate, if your point-and-shoot has a video mode, that is.

Waaay too easy, Brian. I want you to process the information, digest it an informative way, and produce results. (Yeah, that sentence made me want to vomit, too. But I am a teacher; I am required by law to say stuff like that.)

Which is to say: I've had a 14-hour day, I am exhausted (but not exhausted enough to post here!), plus, I am dumber than dumb re: posting a Youtube video.

Also: I am confident that y'all can absorb the choreographic information if I am clear in my description of said choreography.

Are you game?

Oct 17th 2007

I love the opening theme song. I know you guys are talking about the actual sequence that plays when the theme song is playing but I just thought I'd say that I love the theme song. I get giddy whenever they play it during the TBS commercials, awards shows (especially when they win), when they play it when one of them is on Leno or when I hear someone's ringtone. I just love the theme song.

Oct 18th 2007 edited

Here is the Season One opening and here's Season Two and on. They changed Steve Carell's title card shot from the Diversity Day clip, to one from Sexual Harrasment. I believe the Season One opening is used in The Dundies, and then after Sexual Harrasment aired, they switched it. I always attridbuted it to the fact that Michael's hair changed from the horrible thinning hair slick-back to a far better looking part. It's fun watching the first season and seeing his hair slowly changing into it's current form.

I don't think they need to change the opening either, because it works so well as is, and the whole swapping-clips sort of thing is kind of passe and stupid I think. Also, when I first started watching the show, I totally fell in love with the song, and I get the excitedness that people are talking about. Great theme, and oddly perfect.

Oct 18th 2007

I just love the theme song.

They can't change the theme song. It took me too long to master it on the piano. Besides, I'd have to change my ringtone.

Oct 18th 2007

I want to learn the dance!

Oct 18th 2007

I got a 404 error! Don't tease me like that!

Try it again at 10 a.m. ET, which is either 7 a.m. PT or 1 p.m. PT. I was told there wouldn't be any math.

Oct 18th 2007

Take two: In other news, anyone like Kristen Bell?

Oct 18th 2007

Take two: In other news, anyone like Kristen Bell?

I never watched Veronica Mars, but Heroes is awesome. Sounds like she will be a welcomed addition to the show.

Oct 18th 2007

I never watched it either. Normally I'm opposed to just adding hot blondes to a show willy nilly, but in this case it could work.

Oct 18th 2007

The funny thing about Kristen Bell is that she can really act, too.

Oct 18th 2007

Then she's one up on Hayden Planetarium.

Oct 18th 2007

What, Hayden's clean face commercials don't have emmy winning actress written all over them?

Kristen Bell reminds me a lot of Chloe from Smallville, but more attractive.

Oct 18th 2007

When Veronica Mars first came on, there had been a cliffhanger about whether or not Chloe had been killed the previous season. All summer, I thought she must have been, because I kept seeing commercials fo Veronica Mars and thinking that Allison Mack had gotten a new show all to herself. Turns out she was still alive, Veronica Mars was better than Smallville, and I eventually quit watching Stupid Man but stayed with VM to the bitter end.

Oct 22nd 2007

Kristen Bell reminds me a lot of Chloe from Smallville, but more attractive.

Negative, Ghostrider. The pattern is full.

1 to 25 of 25
Top of PageBack to discussions