Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Season 2 on DVD?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 46
May 7th 2006

I'm new here, and I love the Office just as you all do. But I am wondering, is there a release date set for the Season 2 DVD?

May 7th 2006

The answer to your question is "not soon enough."

May 7th 2006

That's the $64,000 Question.

May 7th 2006

I'm sure it will be released in time for Christmas.

<BG>

May 7th 2006

The first season DVD was released this past August 16. Mid-August for the season two release is probably a good guess.

May 7th 2006 edited

Mid-August for the season two release is probably a good guess

Ack, PWJ. That is waaaayyy too long for me.

May 9th 2006

That's perfect for me, I'm ashamed to say. My wedding is July 9th, and I will be all settled into my new life about that time. Long enough for a weekend marathon, as I giddily anticipate the bloopers and extra scenes.

May 9th 2006

I'm hoping they'll advertise for it during the finale.

May 10th 2006

A Christmas and/or August release is unacceptable! I lost "The Secret" and "The Injury" in a Tivo related incident (finger moving too quickly over the remote and accidentally hitting "delete this episode." I can't wait three friggin months! Ugh.

BTW...You've never seen something as pathetic as family members running upstairs in response to my shrieks after accidentally erasing Office episodes. It was like slow motion, I knew I was selecting the wrong option at the time, but it was too late, my thumb already pressed down on the button and I'm screeching, "No! No! Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!"

Have pity on me nbc. How hard is it to throw a bunch of episodes on a disc and slap a cover on it?

May 10th 2006

Don't you think they will run repeats over the summer? That would ROCK!

May 10th 2006

You're new here? If you want to be cool like us, you need an Office handle.

Jun 1st 2006

Posted by Jenna Fischer today on her MySpace page:

"Looks like the Season 2 DVD will not come out until around September. Sorry! We are working on compiling a ton a great Extras, commentary...etc. I shot some home videos of us on set and, if there is room, they plan to include them."

Jun 2nd 2006

"Looks like the Season 2 DVD will not come out until around September. Sorry! We are working on compiling a ton a great Extras, commentary...etc. I shot some home videos of us on set and, if there is room, they plan to include them."

Ok, it'll be worth the wait just for the home videos.

But still, hurry up September.

Jun 2nd 2006

Sounds great, but September!? September!? I can't wait that long.

Jun 2nd 2006

Ooh, I like the sound of those extras.

And September. Right before Season 3 starts? People could catch up.

Jun 5th 2006

RE: UpDog I'm sure it will be released in time for Christmas.

It better be here before season 3 starts. :-) It would be the best case scenario. People could get via NetFlicks and get into the show before S3 starts. With season 1 only having been 6 episodes S2 is really an adequate place to start. NBC could expand its viewership potential by having S2 out on DVD the first of September, a few weeks before S3 starts.

Jun 5th 2006

One question: seeing as some of the episodes were shown out of sequence (I'm thinking of "The Client" before "The Fight"...or is it the other way around?), I wonder if they'll redo the order of episodes accordingly or follow the air dates as they were aired originally.

Yes, I have way too much time on my hands to worry about such things ;-p

Jun 5th 2006

Hmm...I know I'll be watching them in the real order. I'll be buying that thing as soon as I can get it.

Actually, does anyone know if there were any more out of order episodes? Like...since they just plugged Drug Testing in there (with the Conflict Resolution picture there before it was taken) maybe it was supposed to be earlier. I dunno, speculation.

And I was thinking about it today. This season, the Office cast had a better relationship with the fans. They had many, many blogs, and we know all the insider info. So like...will the DVD commentaries be worth it? I mean, I'm almost 100% sure they'll have a commentary for Booze Cruise. But we already know that it's JK's fav episode, that Greg Daniels was screaming at the monitor, and that JF said that it meant 'if you kiss me now, I won't stop you'. So I'm a bit wary that alot of the info will be retreading. Let's hope it isn't.

Jun 6th 2006

I think the commentaries will still be pretty insightful, even if we know some of the behind-the-scenes stuff, because there will always be interesting info about guest stars, why certain scenes were cut, ect. And I'd love a commentary (or two) with every episode, but I don't think I should get my hopes up too high.

Jun 6th 2006

I get the feeling that with the first season DVD, there wasn't any commentary on the finale (Hot Girl) for a very good reason...the producers didn't want to show their hand before the second season (when Katy...or is it Katie?...anyway, she pops up again as Jim's sometime girlfriend, setting up Pam's jealousy). There was also no commentary on Health Care, though I'm not quite as certain that is related to the reason there's no commentary on Hot Girl.

So, while it would be nice for there to be commentary on a lot of the episodes, I think we'll be left in the dark about some of them or else the commentaries themselves will be more ambiguous. Just a hunch...

Jun 6th 2006 edited

Even if the commentaries contain some things we've already heard, let's not overlook the deleted scenes (or even commentary referring to deleted scenes).

If they are half as good as the ones NBC posted for "Booze Cruise" ... well, that's pure gold, my friends. The more Creed the better :)

Jun 7th 2006

Even if the commentaries contain some things we've already heard, let's not overlook the deleted scenes (or even commentary referring to deleted scenes).

Yes...I can't wait to hear about Michael's other birthdays, any other Dundies that may have been given out, more disputes from 2.21...

Jun 8th 2006

Yes...I can't wait to hear about Michael's other birthdays, any other Dundies that may have been given out, more disputes from 2.21...

From what I understand, that was ad-libbed. They had Steve Carell do a couple and they picked the best ones.

Jun 9th 2006 edited

From what I understand, that was ad-libbed. They had Steve Carell do a couple and they picked the best ones.

Yeah, I know...that's what makes me think they'll include runners-up.

Jul 16th 2006

Everything that I am hearing suggests that it will be out on September 12th, just in time for the Season 3 finale. The only problem I have is the fact that it could be 50 dollars. Now, I love this show, but 50 dollars is way too much money for it, even the Seinfeld seasons are 40 dollars. I think the reason why the price is higher is the fact they want people to keep buying the episodes on iTunes, since season 2 would only be 44 dollars on there. But, I guess since I have a 56k modem, I'll have to shell out the 50, because downloading the whole season would be a whole week-long thing.

Jul 16th 2006 edited

The only problem I have is the fact that it could be 50 dollars.

Pre-order at Amazon.com. $32.50/free shipping (free ship may = slow ship.)

Season 2 DVD Pre-Order

Courtesy of Jennie at OfficeTally

note: Estimated ship date from Amazon is Sept 16.

Jul 16th 2006

TvShowsOnDVD has pictures of the cover art and the menus. :)

Jul 17th 2006 edited

I don't understand NBC's decision to release the S2 DVD so close to the start of S3. For me it's not a huge issue because I've seen most episodes multiple times, but I would like to watch some of the commentaries and deleted scenes before S3 starts, and I doubt I'll have the time with only a week or two between DVD release and S3 premiere.

It also doesn't seem like a good way to attract new viewers. I'm sure there are people who only caught a few episodes last year, or maybe got turned on by the summer's reruns and would like to use the DVD to get caught up before the premiere, but again, not enough time.

It appears as though they are done or close to done with the production and could put it out now or in early August. Maybe there are good reasons behind the 9/12 release I'm not aware of.

Jul 17th 2006

I think it's so they can kind of market eachother, and run promos during the first couple of episodes about Season 2 new on dvd, etc. Also all the promos for the DVD will probably say something like "and catch all new episodes starting September 21...." It's probably cost effective.

Jul 28th 2008

Hey guys! I got my Season Two DVD's finally 2 years ago! Did you ever get yours cvolker?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 46
Top of PageBack to discussions