Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
That's your name? : Our names and where they came from
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 17
  12. >
1 to 30 of 488
May 7th 2006 edited

So lately many people on this board have changed usernames and what-not. I thought I'd make this thread for people to explain how they got their username. Like if it's from the show then what episode it comes from or whatever.

For me, mine has nothing to do with 'The Office'. It is what I've always used for stuff online. It is actually how you kinda pronounce my maiden name, Diediker (d-d-ker). Now that I've been married for almost a year, I just keep using it anyway.

Denise

May 7th 2006 edited

Mine's a fairly common name. I think my parents just liked it or something... nothing to do with the "first man" stuff or whatever.

Oh, right... username. Plain White Jim is pretty straightforward... from "Halloween" of course.

May 7th 2006

I used to be Megan, but that was obviously boring, so I changed it to Catherine Zeta-Jones from "The Client". Specifically, from "Threat Level Midnight".

May 7th 2006

Mine comes from the rules of Jinx ("Drug Testing").

May 7th 2006

I use lightyear for a lot of online stuff. It comes from Buzz Lightyear from Toy Story. He's always been one of my fave characters from any film. My avatar (when I use it) is a picture of Buzz with my head Photoshopped on to it. It's a 'shop job Michael would be proud of!!

I've been withstanding the pressure to change to an Office based name. I've thought of some brilliant ones, but then this would be the only place I wouldn't be lightyear. I just can't decide what to do!!

May 7th 2006

I used to be tad gupty, a peripheral character in a couple of episodes of Daria. My extremely minor claim to fame is that I did his voice in the episode "Pinch Sitter." They brought back the character a couple years later, but by that point I'd gone through puberty, so they used another kid.

My current name comes from "Valentine's Day."

May 7th 2006

Not quite sure if this is how Michael spells his user name for the dating site, which is mentioned at the end of "Take Your Daughter to Work Day," but I always find misspelling words gives a user name that extra special immature touch.

May 8th 2006

I started on her at Tapper and under emense pressure from fellow board members changed my name to something more Office like.

Up Dog is the crux of the joke Jim tells Pam, and then Michael in the beginning of The Secret.

"Is it me or does it smell like Up Dog in here?"

"What's Up Dog?"

"Nothin much, what's up with you."

May 8th 2006

I'm sure all of you remember the scene in Office Olympics where Michael and Dwight are in his car arguing about the popularity of beets, etc... Michael doesn't think anyone likes them and advises Dwight to grow something better...like candy.

I was going to use, "growcandy" as a name, but went for "ilovebeets" instead, just to prove Mr. Scott wrong.

May 8th 2006

Episode: "The Secret" Michael takes Jim to Hooters, and asks waitress how chicken breast is. He proceeds, "I will have a chicken breast, hold the chicken." Classic Michael on its own, I mostly picked it because of the painful sigh of embarassment Jim lets out following.

May 8th 2006

My real name feels out of place these days...

May 8th 2006
Hey folks, new guy here. Love the forums so far. I took my name from Valentine's Day when Michael is at Rockefeller Center. "Founded, of course, by Theodore Rockefeller." I love Michael's know-it-all lines that turn out to be full of false information. Another favorite: "You talkin' to me? Raging Bull. Pacino."
May 8th 2006

Hi guys! My handle comes from the immortal "Health Care" episode...

I don't believe in coddling people. In the wild there is no healthcare. In the wild, healthcare is "ow, I hurt my leg. I can't run, a lion eats me and I'm dead!". Well I'm not dead. I'm the lion. You're dead!

May 8th 2006

I guess I have to catch up here! I just use my mickname Mel short for Melanie. Boooring! I now have a project for the day!

May 8th 2006 edited

I also finally got around to changing my username. I chose Run Out the Clock, since it's one of my favorite lines, and it's what I do everyday. Used to be Angie.

ETA: This came from the Boys and Girls episode.

May 8th 2006 edited

Until yesterday I was Michelle. Now I'm Loaded Teapot, in honor of The Christmas Party and Jim's gift to Pam (which included "bonus gifts" inside). I thought it was fitting, too, since that was the first episode I ever watched, and it started my habit.

(I didn't think of it at the time, but the "Loaded" part of my name could also be a reference to Meredith in the same episode, since it was her "last hurrah" to get drunk...but I was thinking of "loaded" in terms of "filled up with all the bells and whistles," not "getting tanked because it's Christmas and I'm an alcoholic.")

May 8th 2006

Up Dog is the crux of the joke Jim tells Pam, and then Michael in the beginning of The Secret.

I got one of my co-workers -- a middle-aged black woman -- to fall for that this morning. She was cracking up for a good two minutes. Awesome.

May 8th 2006

My name is in appreciation of Angela, but I don't actually like cats ...

May 8th 2006

My name was recently changed to jump on the Office Names bandwagon. It's a composite of various times Dwight's name has been changed.

Dwayne- Jim paid everyone $5 to call Dwight "Dwayne" from Conflict Resolution. "Totally worth it"

Fart- Jim changed AND signed Dwight's middle name as Fart on his gigantic ID tag in Conflict Resolution.

This one is thanks to Scranton On Speed: Poop- Meredith's son called Dwight "Mr. Poop" in Take Your Daughter to Work Day.

May 8th 2006

Like the other myriad of users on here who have recently changed their name, mine was simply my name, but is now Carpenter Ants.

This is from the episode "Office Olympics". When Michael is having a panic attack about the long term commitment involved in signing the lease on his new house, Dwight explains (while in the kitchen) "Hey look! Cool, Carpenter Ants!" It never fails to make me laugh.

May 8th 2006

My name is pretty obvious in its origin. I love Dwight and Angela and their weird relationship, so I thought I would use one of their great moments from "Michael's Birthday." I just can't believe it was available.

May 8th 2006

Obviously, the rules regarding my name are unflinchingly rigid.

May 8th 2006 edited

Well, I use to be dlo, but the incredible peer-pressure on this forum forced me to change it to Prism Duro-Sport, the imitation i-Pod Roy buys Pam (Pan) for Christmas, seen in The Injury episode, when Dwight has a concussion. He gave Pam a protection cover for the Prism Duro-Sport and shows her a a Russian website that sells songs for 2 cents. Of course all the songs are in Russian...just kidding! Wow, Dwight's kinda her friend...

Dwight: They're like an iPod but better, because they're chunkier and more solid.

By the way, kudos to ddker for starting this much needed discussion!

May 8th 2006

I have succumbed to the name changing pressure! Mel is no longer... I am PurseGirl! An nod to Jim's ex, Katie the Purse Girl (or hot girl but I won't go there!). Although I love Jam, I still feel bad the way she was dumped by Jim.

May 8th 2006

PWJ wrote:

I got one of my co-workers -- a middle-aged black woman -- to fall for that this morning. She was cracking up for a good two minutes. Awesome.

Remember how well it went over with Stanley:

"Hey Stanley, is that jacket made of Up Dog?"

"I'm on the phone!!"

Michael was like a little kid. He had to tell his new joke but his timing was terrible so it dind't work.

But seriously PWJ all you did was paste 3 circles of paper on your shirt. This outfit cost me $100.00 (making light saber sounds... woooosh).

May 8th 2006

Mel,

I have succumbed to the name changing pressure! Mel is no longer... I am PurseGirl! An nod to Jim's ex, Katie the Purse Girl (or hot girl but I won't go there!). Although I love Jam, I still feel bad the way she was dumped by Jim.

Amy Adams is very cute. I have a copy of her interview with Conan from 2 months ago.

You should be:

PurseGirl-aka Pam 6.0

May 8th 2006

Eh, I'd jump on the name-change bandwagon, but...nah.

May 8th 2006

Well, there's Plain White Jim...and then there's Two-Hole Punch Jim.

(I used to be Trevor, btw)

May 8th 2006

Two-Hole Punch Jim are you channeling party planning Phyllis? Total LOL!

May 8th 2006

I'm the three hole punched verion of Jim. Sorry, Trevor.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 17
  12. >