Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Kiss : Greatest kisses of all time
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 163
May 12th 2006 edited

Jim and Pam's kiss was beyond magical. What are some of the greatest kisses of all time (TV or movies). Could any top our beloved JAM moment?

May 12th 2006

I don't know if any could top it just because the anticipation of this one was pretty much unbearable, even though no one was certain it would happen. Some that I love, though, include

*Breakfast At Tiffany's *Can't Hardly Wait *Amelie

May 12th 2006

Right now, no tv kiss could top Jim and Pam. Sorry, can't think of one right now. :)

May 12th 2006

To be honest, it didn't look passionate enough, it looked kind of awkward. Maybe it was supposed to

May 12th 2006

I know everyone will groan, but I have to say the British Office kiss was pretty magical for me. In some way, I expected a Jam kiss eventually, so while it was absolutely incredible, and perhaps earlier than I imagined, it wasn't a complete surprise.

The Tim/Dawn kiss from the BBC version was a complete surprise. She'd already left to go back to Florida! Who expected her to come back?

But, I have to say, the Jam kiss tops it! We've had so much more time to grow with these characters, so it pushes their kiss up a bit higher!

May 12th 2006

Wow. That was a great Kiss. The last 10 minutes of this episode has been constantly repeating in my mind.

May 12th 2006 edited

jim and pam's kiss was by far the most perfect, magical, "i-want-him-to-kiss-me-like-that" kiss i've ever seen.....and trust me, the hopeless romantic i am; i look for that.....however, i'm a little disappointed in some of the people on here----everyone keeps saying they didn't expect it and "no one could have saw that coming" and "i can't believe jim did that".....any true fans of the office would know that the entire show is formatted around the British Office...not the same character names, not the same episodes, but a lot of the same themes and character likenesses...around the same time frame of the British Office, the characters whom Jim and Pam are based on get together finally.....so any of you "true fans" out there should have definitely seen it coming :0) ..i'm not being nasty i'm just playin around :0) but really- even though i knew it was coming, i was thrilled at how it happened- jim tearing up made me fall in love with him- and that kiss was amazing- it was so romantic and beautiful....i have goosebumps.... i love JAM!!!

May 12th 2006

i'm sorry, i must say again- that kiss---- can't stop thinkin about it!

May 12th 2006

You might like this then pumpkin

The confession and kiss

May 12th 2006

What did I like most about the kiss?

There was no swelling romantic music in the background. It was just Jim, Pam and the sounds of theirlips pressing together as they fell into the moment of passion.

May 13th 2006

Usually I hate sappy kissing scenes, but this one was just so real. The fact that it lacked all the glitz made it so much more intense. I love that Pam pulled away for a second and Jim kinda didn't let her. I love that both of them stayed in character the entire time. The way that Jim held Pam was so sweet...and awww...I think my brain just went mush on me.

May 18th 2006

I really liked the Dawn/Tim kiss in the BBC Office, too. The voiceover by Tim as Dawn is opening her present (about how we spend so much time with co-workers that we often have nothing in common with, but that Dawn had been a ray a sunshine to him) set it up absolutely perfectly. Also, when it happens, we know that she's definitely left her fiance for Tim - no cliffhanger to taint the beauty of the moment.

May 18th 2006

Ditto everything Pumpkin-Pie said about the kiss and add to it that Jim didn't just come in there and plant one on her like most dramatic scenes. It was so gentle and tender. It really made you feel how much he loves her. Although I enjoy a little lust on TV, this one was special because of the tenderness. I can't get over it either.

May 18th 2006 edited

A lot of people at TWoP called it either "hot" or "chaste."

I felt it was neither of those. It was LOVING. Incredibly tender and loving.

It was a little awkward and tentative. Most first kisses are. That's why it felt so real.

May 18th 2006 edited

Hmmmm.. let's see. Oohh "A Room with a View" ahhhhh

Doesn't top the Jim/Pam kiss though. The #2 kiss should be the first Jim/Pam kiss. Really, I'm not obsessed.

May 18th 2006

Someone mentioned the lack of any swelling music or other cliches of "TV kisses", and I agree that this was a welcome break with that tradition. Though I'm sure the documentary crew might edit some sappy music in for the final cut ;-p

One of the things that I think is interesting to think about (other than how clumsy that sentence was) is how the documentary crew was onto Jim and Pam before they themselves were aware of it. You could argue that Jim was aware of his feelings beforehand, but as the seasons have progressed it's obvious that (if this were a real doc) the crew had picked up on the obvious flirtation between these two and maybe alerted them to feelings they didn't know or acknowledge without the cameras being there.

Maybe I'm just thinking too much ;-p

May 18th 2006

Maybe so Two-Hole Punch. Remember when Pam asked the camera crew to let her know if they saw anything going on between Dwight and Angela. Then they called her attention to Dwight eating the Baby Ruth bar that Angela bought from the vending machine.

May 18th 2006

One of my favorite things about JAM as a whole has been how implied their relationship is.

The first time it's acknowledged out loud is in "Booze Cruise." Up to that point, it was all through subtle smiles and looks, something that is plainly unheard of in sitcoms. Even in Friends (which I mention only due to the various other Ross-Rachael comparisons), they had to state in the very first episode that Ross has a crush on Rachael, and thusly they mentioned it in every other episode where the crush played a factor.

By the time Jim says, "I'm in love with you" the audience already knows this, despite the fact that this is the first time it's been mentioned as being more than a crush.

May 19th 2006

Ross and Rachel at the Central Perk after closing time on that rainy night.

Also Yul Brynner kissing Joanne Woodward in the Sound and the Fury.

May 19th 2006 edited

Ohhh. Can't Hardly Wait good call. good good call. Train station scene. Awesome.

JAM is my fav but the season finale to How I Met Your Mother with Ted and Robin kissing was pretty sweet too. If only we could have seen Gil & Sara kiss last night on CSI. haha.

The kiss at the end of Wedding Crashers? Hmmm.

May 19th 2006

I'm glad I've found people who are crazy about this show as I am. That kiss was diabetic-inducingly(sp?) sweet and I haven't seen much that compares.... but i seriously gasped at the end because, basically, it was the end. But my mom was crowing while I was crying saying 'Perfect. That was perfect.' And it was. What about the Leia and Han kiss?

May 19th 2006

Other than actual "real-life" kisses of my own, the season finale JAM kiss was the best I've seen. I'm sure it's because of how much I love the characters and want them to be together. To me, it was perfect, tender, and beautiful.

May 19th 2006

Ok, I was waiting for someone else to say it, but I don't know if anyone is. I'm being a total girl here, but The Notebook. When they kiss in the rain after something like 5 years apart? Come on. It was much more passionate that JAM so I don't know if you can even compare the two, but it still did it for me :)

May 19th 2006

Catherine Zeta-Jones:

I really liked the book of the Notebook, but despised the movie. I had a hard time taking it seriously, especially with the actor who played Noah.

There is a really great love scene in the book...you have to use your imagination though. I think it was much more well-written than well-acted.

May 19th 2006

CZ-J - I loved the kiss in The Notebook movie as well! Can't tell you how many times I've watched that. I like the book, too, but because I saw the movie first I'm more partial to that.

Of course right now I'm blanking on other fabulous movie kisses. I do love that Harry & Ginny kissed in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, though. :o)

May 19th 2006

Yeah, I definitely read The Notebook long before I ever saw the movie (I randomly picked it off the shelf at the library) but as soon as I saw the preview I knew it seemed familiar. In my experience, books are usually better than movies, though I have to say that visual media lets you do so much that is harder to achieve in print media. Whether or not it actually works is greatly up to debate.

May 22nd 2006

Hi: The Jim and Pam kiss was one of the all time greats. I also love the first kiss between "Rocky" and "Adrianne" in "Rocky". And, of course, the First Kiss between Han Solo and Princess Leia in "The Empire Strikes Back" (Yes, I'm a Star Wars fan in the worse way and I admit it freely)

Trace

May 23rd 2006 edited

Remember at the end of Notting Hill when they are at the press conference and Will and Anna just look at each other and smile while all the photographers take their picture? While this is not a kiss, it was a great moment and one that always makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Or An American President, when the President and Sydney are in the oval office at the end and just holding each other while all the staff comes in and talks to the President. Another great moment.

Jun 1st 2006 edited

Ok...maybe not a "greatest kiss ever", but I finally got around to watching the season finale of Prison Break, and am still thinking about the (SPOILER) Michael & Sara kiss...poignant and emotional...

Jun 7th 2006

Being a big Veronica Mars fan I love all the Logan/Veronica kisses on that show. Particularly their hot making out in the girls bathroom (during "M.A.D.") and then later in the poolhouse in "A Trip to the Dentist." They're just so happy and carefree and so into each other. And did I mention hot?

The Jam kiss was just perfect though. I love the way Jim envelops Pam with his arms when he kisses her and the way his noses squishes just a little. Gorgeous.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. >
1 to 30 of 163
Top of PageBack to discussions