Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You've been X'd, punk : Real-life Office references
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 51
  12. >
1 to 30 of 1526
May 12th 2006 edited

So, I've decided that a great way to entertain myself is to trick my friends into repeating scenarios from the show. Example: my friend said she had been watching Titantic...

Me: Not sure what movie you're talking about. Her: Titantic... Me: You sure you got the title right? Her: ...yeah... Me: I think you're thinking of The Hunt for Red October. Her: Wtf is that?

I also had a friend (different one) tell me he had a superior immune system (a la Dwight.) Anyone else have similar experiences?

May 13th 2006

Sadly, I've been using "That's what she said" in real life. I need to stop.

May 13th 2006

My other Office-obsessed friend and I use 'That's what she said' all the time! It won't even make sense and we'll blurt it out!

May 13th 2006

Sadly, I've been using "That's what she said" in real life. I need to stop.

I do that all the time also. (That's What She Said.) I now either change what I'm about to say or not say anything anymore because of it.

May 13th 2006

I am really looking forward to a time that I can use "harshin' the office mellow" except I'd have to probably change office to lab since I work in a chem lab.

Denise

May 13th 2006

I am really looking forward to a time that I can use "harshin' the office mellow"

I'm proud to say I've already done so. Unfortunately, it was only in an email, and not to someone I actually work with. And he doesn't watch the show. And I didn't explain the reference. And he was actually one of my professors...

May 13th 2006 edited

Yay for this thread! I, too, always use "That's what she said" and I have a feeling most of my friends hate it. But I don't care. And I just now had a special moment with a friend who has only seen a few episodes:

Her: I hate you
Me: I hate...so much about the things you choose to be
Her: What?
Me: You've just been Officed, my friend

edit: I forgot to say that I look forward to any chance I have to use "dinkin flicka"

May 13th 2006

I love when Michael says "Chillax, Pam" and I'm always saying chillax now.

May 14th 2006

Me: You've just been Officed, my friend

Did you get that from how i met your mother when he says, you've been lawyered?

May 14th 2006

Did you get that from how i met your mother when he says, you've been lawyered?

Nah, I've never seen that show. I'm not really sure where it came from. I think my friend started saying it before I did.

May 14th 2006

F., just today when my friend told me something she knew was going to make me mad (not mad, maybe just annoyed), I started the whole "Why are you the way that you are?... I hate so much about the things you choose to be" speech. She thought for a little while that I was being serious. I wish I had said "You've just been Officed!" Instead, I was all embarassed having to confess I'd memorized so much dialogue from the Office. People need to realise those who AREN'T obsessed are the losers! Right?

May 14th 2006

Last week I texted my friend that John Krasinski was the perfect man and her response was: "uh, I can think of about a billion asians that would beg to differ"

It was so brilliant!

Also, I sadly say 'dinkenflicka' all the time. And I say to my 4 year old daugher "Use wooords, Dwight" (her name is Jessica).

May 14th 2006

From my desk to our receptionist is about the same distance Jim is from Pam. Our receptionist is similar in that she's very pretty but dresses down and doesn't flaunt it. I just call her Pam all day.

Friday at lunch we had Chinese delivered to our office and we watched the Finale for our lunch break. It was a great time.

May 16th 2006

You had a tape of it?

May 20th 2006

We stopped at a convenience store to get something to drink after my brother's graduation tonight, and Mom was telling Dad exactly how much ice she wanted in her Diet Pepsi, etc., and I murmured to myself "seven-and-seven with eight maraschino cherries, sugar on the rim, blended if you can." Dad heard me and chuckled.

May 20th 2006

I don't work in an office right now (and hopefully never will again), but I am seriously considering carrying a plant mister in the minivan - both for the comedic value and for practical purposes (breaking up ridiculous squabbles, getting off a good spray to the face of a toddler who is starting to nod off into a nap - NO! - before we get home, etc.). Just seeing the plant mister in there would make me smile ;-)

May 21st 2006

One time, my friend was talking about how she doesn't want to be arrogant when it comes to planning for prom, but she didn't want people to just walk all over her. In perfect timing I said to her:

"Well, sometimes you have to be the boss of arrogance."

And we laughed like two loons on loon tablets. I absolutely love that quote. "Dinkin' Flicka" has also come to be a standard in my vocabulary. It's just so funny.

Also, a couple times I've used that line from the pilot episode where Michael says on the phone, "Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar." No one knows what I'm talking about, but every time I hear that part I crack up.

May 21st 2006

"Dinkin' Flicka" has also come to be a standard in my vocabulary. It's just so funny.

I find myself using this quite a bit as well. I still have no idea what it means.

May 21st 2006 edited

I always get "you have won a tiny dundie" in my head and sing it out loud.

May 21st 2006

Also, a couple times I've used that line from the pilot episode where Michael says on the phone, "Thank you, sir. You are a gentleman and a scholar." No one knows what I'm talking about, but every time I hear that part I crack up.

I love that line!! Thanks for reminding me. I've been using "Thank you, kind suh" from Stella a lot, but I might have to start using that one a bit more.

May 22nd 2006

I'm trying to paint my front door, and it's taking a gazillon coats and is a total pain in the bum to get it done. Without thinking, I said to my huband, "Let gang bang it and just get it done."

And, I was ashamed.

May 22nd 2006

I went to the mall with my sister. At some store, this male mannequin was wearing these horrible fishing shorts looking thing, and a sports coat. I said it was offensive, and lame, so double offensive. My sister went...eh?

May 22nd 2006

We're in the process of having our annual reviews here in my office and during mine I had to bite my lip b/c my boss asked me what my hopes & goals were. I almost cracked up wondering if she was next going to tell me that she could bench press 190 lbs. My fellow Office-obsessees have been designating everyone with nicknames based on which character they most relate to - so far I'm either Pam (b/c I'm basically the receptionist of our department & sit out in the open to witness all the chaos) or Jim (b/c, in his words, "if this is my career, I'd have to throw myself in front of a train.) I'll take either. At least I'm not Dwight. :)

May 22nd 2006

I don't know anyone who loves the office as much as I do (except maybe my dad) so at school I usually quote it and who ever I'm talking to just gives me a weird look. Like the other day I was in detention for not completing homework so I said to my friend who was in there with me "Come on let's just gang bang this thing and go home". I keep on trying to get my friends into the show, but no luck so far.

May 22nd 2006 edited

Lately, I've been saying "That's what he said" ("he" because I'm female)

And if someone upsets me I tell them ' I will attack you with the North" hee hee

I've also been saying "Go out and get yourself a Monkey Kidney" if someone makes me mad.

Trace

May 22nd 2006

If anyone says something that is stupid, awkward, or uncomfortable, I will respond with Jim's patented, "Wow." (a la Jim in the breakroom with Kelly as she is telling him about finally hooking up with Ryan)

May 22nd 2006

I was playing a game with family yesterday, and when someone made a move that messed me up, I asked, "Why are you the way that you are? Every time I try to do something fun, you make it...not...that way. I hate...so much...about the things you choose to be."

May 23rd 2006

I use thats what she said any chance I can. I think my friends are getting sick of it, however, they just set it up so well sometimes. I vary in how i say it too. Sometimes I will say it quickly like in the Sexual Harassment episode, or other times I will say it more slowly like in conflict resolution.

"You already did me"

"Thats what she said"

Also I use why are you the way that you are?

I also bust out the updog and the lobster/crab joke.

May 23rd 2006

Uh, I think James P. Albini is free, if you want it.

I just found out that my friend is putting nickels into his home phone. Lord, this can't end well.

May 23rd 2006

I microwaved something for twenty-seven seconds today.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 51
  12. >