Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You know, I have no future here : A summer of speculation
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
121 to 145 of 145
May 20th 2011

Why not leave Creed as boss? There could be hilarious phone calls every week where Pam tries to distract Creed from sabotaging DM without really trying to stop him. Ha ha, oh I can see the zany highjinks now. Boy, that would keep me tuning in! Quality writing.

May 20th 2011

Rainn's recent slamming of the show.

Huh?

Also, Spader! Spader! Spader!

May 20th 2011

Rainn's recent slamming of the show.

This article, I believe.

May 20th 2011

Yeah, that one.

May 20th 2011

Very interesting.

Aug 16th 2011

So, apparently the new boss will be promoted from within. Guesses? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm guessing Andy (and his scrotum), because they keep wanting to make him the star. If so I will not be pleased.

Aug 16th 2011

I think Pam should be on top.

Aug 16th 2011

With Spader on board as weird CEO, the only logical choice is Jim. Which means it won't be Jim.

Aug 16th 2011

I think Pam and Angela should wrestle for the position.

Aug 16th 2011

Much as I love Ed Helms, it has occurred to me that The Office's downfall was the slow Andyification of the whole show.

Aug 16th 2011 edited

Andy's character started out great, but then turned into the weirdo who somehow became engaged to Angela.

Aug 16th 2011

I keep hoping that S3 Andy is going to reappear. And the S1-3 Kevin...and also Angela...

Aug 16th 2011

I still love Andy. But not Erin.

Aug 16th 2011

Much as I love Ed Helms, it has occurred to me that The Office's downfall was the slow Andyification of the whole show.

That strikes me as a fair thesis and one I would take the time to ponder and respond to. But I don't care anymore. Really, I'm glad people are still invested enough to root for or against various developments. I just can't see how the show could please or disappointment anymore. Well, that's not entirely true. James Spader's continuing involvement disappoints my entire soul.

Aug 16th 2011

I'm leaning towards like Spader's joining the show, but since it's based on 5 minutes of screen time in the finale I'm fully prepared to recant my position. As for whether it makes any sense to still care, probably not, but the show is still capable of producing moments where I still care about the characters. "Goodbye, Michael" I thought did a decent job of that. Of course those moments are overwhelmed by the lazy, cartoonish bits that have come to represent the essence of the show these last two seasons. Also, Hamnard.

Aug 16th 2011

but the show is still capable of producing moments where I still care about the characters

Very true, and that's what I'll keep watching for. I won't anticipate them or anything, but I'll enjoy them when they come along.

Also, Hamnard.

This is much less than the sum of its parts. I'd elaborate, but who cares?

Aug 16th 2011

I decided to go back and read the earlier posts from this thread.

girlnextdoor May 13th 2006

If this show was a typical rom-com sitcom, I know exactly what to expect next season with the Jim-Pam situation. They'd pull the old switcheroo where the pinee becomes the piner & vice versa. It's a good way to extend the sexual tension without resorting to sheer repitition. Pam would initially reject Jim, who would go off to Australia, and come back with a girlfriend. While he was away, Pam would realize the error of her ways and dump Roy. Then season three would be all about Pam pining for a newly attached Jim.

Fortunately, this show isn't typical in any way.

Ahhh, the sweet smell of optimism.

Aug 16th 2011

That is incredible. I wonder if she saw the housing bubble, too.

Aug 16th 2011

I'm sure she stopped posting because she made a killing dumping those mortgage backed securities short.

Aug 16th 2011

Also, Hamnard.

HAMNARD!!!

Aug 16th 2011

Admit it, that was worth whitening this thread, wasn' tit? HAMNARD!! No? Here's my next million peso idea for a couple . . . DARGELA!!

Aug 16th 2011

Actually, Phyllargela would be more fun to say.

That is incredible. I wonder if she saw the housing bubble, too.

Shit, I bet she sees dead people.

I half think she was a writer, come here to taunt us. It was probably Greg Daniels' ex-wife.

Aug 16th 2011

Admit it, that was worth whitening this thread, wasn' tit? HAMNARD!! No? Here's my next million peso idea for a couple . . . DARGELA!!

I think they should have Angela sleep with every person in the office. Character continuity you know.

Aug 16th 2011

Phyllargela

This is a blood disease, right?

Aug 16th 2011

Yes. Also the Turkish version of gnocchi.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
121 to 145 of 145
Top of PageBack to discussions