Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I just needed you to know, once : Similarites between Jam and our lovelives
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
181 to 193 of 193
Dec 1st 2009

I've heard that before, too, but I don't know where the stereotype comes from.

Dec 1st 2009

Ha! Nice all around. Your dad, that is.

Dec 2nd 2009

DC is correct. They don't call them Lezbarus for nothin'. And I can say that with certainty because one of my lesbian friends drives one.

Apr 26th 2010

Alright. I think there might be something going on here, but it might all be in my head. I don't know. I'm hoping it is. Kind of.

So there are two guys that work at the post office in town. One guy just got married last year and is sort of a friend of the family. He's friends with the other guy that works there, who's single.

Basically, I'm sort of thinking that he and my parents might think it would be a good idea to set us up or something. And he's sort of cute, but older than me (and I don't know by how much). It's just weird and feels uncomfortable.

Do you guys remember back a couple of months when my truck, Bucky, died and stuff? Well, the guy from the post office stopped and looked at the truck and stuff. So....whatever.

Just had to get it off my chest. That's what she said. Hopefully, I can stop thinking about the whole situation.

Apr 26th 2010

Doesn't sound like a problem, Toos. Can you let your parents and friend know you're not interested in being set up, if that's the case? And if you're interested (in him without the set-up), can't you just find reasons to see and talk to him and see if a relationship develops? I get the feeling the small-town part, where everyone knows and sees everyone else, makes things harder. Shame you didn't know about boobquake sooner. Might have moved the whole situation along a bit.

Apr 26th 2010

But, see, I'm not entirely sure it is going on. It just seems that way, for some reason. But if and when any of them say anything, I'll try to politely get out of it then.

Mom had her shot with a fix-up a while back and it was the worst situation of my life. No, it wasn't, really, but she's definitely not getting another chance.

I get the feeling the small-town part, where everyone knows and sees everyone else, makes things harder. Shame you didn't know about boobquake sooner. Might have moved the whole situation along a bit.

Yes. Yes. Eep.

Apr 26th 2010

It's just weird and feels uncomfortable.

If you never do anything that's weird and feels uncomfortable, you'll never get anywhere in life.

Apr 26th 2010

Don't you have good-uncomfortable and creepy-uncomfortable? I just want the good-uncomfortable.

Apr 26th 2010

Toos, I was pathetic at asking women out, or initiating any kind of contact at all. It's only because my wife came after me that I'm married at all. But once, 15 years ago, I talked to a woman I kind of knew at a basketball game, then called her several nights later to ask her out to dinner. I was shot down in an awkwardly awful way, and it smarts just to think about how terrible it all was. And I wouldn't change it for a thing. I'm so glad I got to experience that. I'm not being sarcastic.

I still see her around town now and then. I'm sure she is uncomfortable around me. I guess I am uncomfortable around her too, but it just makes me think about the time I went for it, and that makes me happy.

Apr 26th 2010

Why is it creepy? The age thing? Just pretend I'm interested in you (and stuff). Then he won't seem nearly as creepy.

Apr 26th 2010

I don't know why it's creepy.

And actually, I think that if he had just asked me out 6 months or a year ago, I'd have said yes. But it's just weird that it'd go this way.

And, then, I mean, I'm not even sure anything is going on, but it just sort of seems that way.

Apr 26th 2010

Oh, it's on.

Apr 26th 2010

Crap.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7