Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Desert Island Game #2: Luxury Items
1 to 28 of 28
May 22nd 2006

I've never seen "Survivor," but a few of the kids I used to teach watched it religiously (8th grade - go figure). Anyway, apparently one of their rules is that each contestant is allowed to bring one "luxury item" to the island. I'll go two better and allow each person to bring THREE luxury items to the island. So, what things would you bring because you absolutely don't want to live without them?

For the sake of our game, let's assume that on the island there already exists, inexplicably, an endless stash of "The Office" DVDs, Season 1 & Season 2 AND all future seasons (I don't know how they got their hands on the future episodes - mythology of the island and all, you know). We're not sure how they got there, either - perhaps a never-seen and probably-imaginary drop from a phantom cargo plane. It's probably best that we not question these things about our island, lest we become annoyed and disenfranchised by the lack of answers available to us.

OK, luxury items, GO!

May 22nd 2006
  • My acoustic guitar (seriously, I went on a vacation last summer and didn't bring it, nearly had a panic attack.)

• Sketchbook and pencils

• Jenna Fischer

May 22nd 2006

Jenna Fischer

You win.

May 22nd 2006 edited
  • my panda stuffed animal. (hopefully I don't sound too girlish, but it has sentimental value)

• my ipod

• pictures of family and friends

May 22nd 2006

My cellphone (just on the off chance someone finally calls me...someday my princess will come)

A comfortable pillow

Something to write on (notebook and pencil)

May 22nd 2006

My iPod (if it still worked)

My guitar

Sunglasses

Not very original, i know, but I'm easily pleased.

May 22nd 2006
  • John Krasinski

• Condoms

• Fully-fueled helicopter, so we could leave when (if) we wanted

I think you can all tell where my mind is at.

May 22nd 2006

My laptop
A nice piano
Conditioner

May 22nd 2006 edited

hmm...

• my ipod
  • golf club with a golf ball taped to it [so i can keep them as one item ;)]
  • deck of cards (so me and my coconut army can play no limit texas hold 'em)

i'd take sarah chalke over deck of cards, but people aren't items, you silly plantation owners ;p.

May 22nd 2006

CTF, You mean I can't bring JK? Okay, I'll have to revise to...

• Laptop computer

• Soap

• Candy

May 22nd 2006 edited

John Krasinski

Condoms

Wow. Show us your hand, Lori, and don't hold back ;-)

I do, however, applaud your forethought and careful attention to detail, especially in the arena of health issues.

May 22nd 2006

Question: Is there Firewood on the Island?

Axe

Laptop

Air Conditioner/Fan

May 22nd 2006

Loaded Teapot, Well, you can never be too careful, especially when it comes to those "Hollywood types," ya know. ;-)

May 22nd 2006

I've been spending an inordinate amount of time over the past few hours trying to formulate my own list, and here's what I have so far:

*Big fat notebook (wide ruled, heavy paper, no perforations)
*Big bag of pens (blue, medium point, Bic Crystal Sticks - I'm not usually this anal, but if I'm going to spend the rest of my life on the island, I don't want to constantly be annoyed by the fact that I have to write with a black fine-point Rollerball on crappy paper).
*Big fat wine-colored down comforter (I hate being cold...I don't care where the island is, I will eventually get cold)

May 22nd 2006 edited

Question: Is there still a hatch? If so...

My Ipod, A good book... don't know which one yet, My dog :) Hey if people are bringin JK and JF, I can bring Missy!

May 22nd 2006

Question: Is there still a hatch?

Good question. We just don't know. Even if there is, it could all be an illusion...or a dream....or a stopover in Purgatory. Whatever. And even if there is a hatch, we're not sure what's in it. So this question is wide open to interpretation.

Oct 16th 2006

my dog, my laptop, a hammock

Oct 16th 2006 edited

Soccer ball, scriptures, guitar. Also, I would fill the guitar full of Cadbury Mini-Eggs. I know, that's cheating, but I would share some. Woo!

Oct 17th 2006

Coffee. I just thought of this lately again. I don't know how I thought I'd ever get by on the island without it.

Good coffee, too. No instant crap. If there's a Starbucks on the island, even better.

Oct 17th 2006

Also, I would fill the guitar full of Cadbury Mini-Eggs. I know, that's cheating, but I would share some. Woo!

Hey if Dwight can hollow out the Physician's Desk Reference and fill it with survival items, you can fill your guitar with Cadbury mini-eggs. But Hershey's Kisses would be a better choice.

This is tough. My iPod's no good if I can't charge it. Chocolate's really a mess in a tropical setting. And a fully stocked yacht just seems to be not in the spirit of the game. (Then again, John Kraskinski and a box of condoms wasn't out of the realm of possibility for Lori.)

• enough writing materials to last until the rescue ship arrives
  • iPod with the new never-runs-out battery
  • every one from northernattack.com's Watercooler so I'd have someone to discuss all those future Office episodes with (if that doesn't count as a luxury item, I'll take some of teapot's coffee)
Aug 25th 2008
  • my ipod (or some other music playing device that charged off of the sun.)
  • duct tape (a never ending-supply)
  • extra lives (also never ending)
Aug 25th 2008

John Kraskinski and a box of condoms wasn't out of the realm of possibility for Lori.

Cool, then I want to play.

Aug 25th 2008

Me too.

Aug 25th 2008 edited

John Kraskinski and a box of condoms wasn't out of the realm of possibility for Lori.

Cool, then I want to play.

Is that right?

I foresee a long, long phone conversation tonight!

;-p

Aug 25th 2008

I foresee a long, long phone conversation tonight!

Then my job is done. :-P

Also, yay!

Aug 25th 2008

Wait - is this the designated Madgett gross-out thread? Or is that a different one?

Aug 25th 2008

I think they're all the designated Madgett gross-out thread.

See? You really did miss a lot!

Aug 25th 2008

I think they're all the designated Madgett gross-out thread.

Negative. Umm, you have your own thread now.

1 to 28 of 28
Top of PageBack to discussions