Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Desert Island Game #3: Guilty Pleasures
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
181 to 209 of 209
Jan 11th 2008

like Eric Foremans mom, Kitty Foreman

I read this as Eric Cartman's mom. That would be something entirely different.

Jan 11th 2008 edited

We've all got a better shot with Cartman's mom than Foreman's mom, for what it's worth.

Jan 11th 2008

That's all I'm asking for, just a shot.

Jan 11th 2008

like Eric Foremans mom, Kitty Foreman, and Sarah Ramirez from Greys Anatomy.

I know these things are subjective, but you're completely wrong on both counts.

Jan 11th 2008

or uncool or weird that we hide from others close to us because we're embarrased to admit it?

This is how I think of a guilty pleasure. I also think of it as something we like that people close to us wouldn't expect us to like.

Jan 11th 2008

So where does my love for Welcome Back Kotter fit in to all this?

Jan 11th 2008

Daoust, step your game up. I keep Perez open in a window all day while I'm at work just to see what else those crazy Hollywood types are doing now. It's an addiction.

Jan 11th 2008

I keep Perez open in a window all day.

Hmmm. That's pretty good BTF. By good I mean lame. But you probably already knew that.

Jan 11th 2008

So where does my love for Welcome Back Kotter fit in to all this?

This is completely acceptable and not guilty at all.

Jan 11th 2008

Now I've just spent the last 5 minutes on Perez Hilton. The power of suggestion I guess.

Jan 11th 2008

As if that site needs more advertising or publicity...

Jan 11th 2008

It's on my google RSS feed...so yeah.

Jan 11th 2008

And that's okay. There is nothing wrong with that. It's normal. It's okay. It's OKAY. :)

Aug 24th 2008

I love Now and Later candy. Love it. Dream about it. It encompasses everything I usually despise in food - high fructose corn syrup, artificial color, artificial everything - but I buy it every time I see it, and I gorge myself. I will sit down with a pile and eat until I think, "You know, I'm not feeling very good." And I look down and see a pile of 20 or so Now and Later wrappers next to me on the couch. Then I eat a couple more and throw them in the pantry.

Aug 24th 2008 edited

Your post just freaked me out a little, LT. Why? Because I'm eating a Now and Later right now. Last night, was my nieces bday party and I took one of the goodie bags because she had a couple left over and was just now eating one of the Now and Later's that was in it....cue scary Lost music.

Aug 24th 2008

Are you enjoying it? I'm eating a bag right now, too, which is what reminded me of it. That is freaky.

Aug 24th 2008

I am enjoying it but I'm trying to get some of the candy out of my teeth. Sometimes, when I chew it, it feels like it's going to pull one of my teeth out.

Aug 24th 2008

I'm eating a bag right now, too, which is what reminded me of it.

Wouldn't it be more enjoyable if you ate the actual candy?

Aug 24th 2008

I not only like Breakfast of Champions, I own it on VHS. There, I said it.

Aug 25th 2008

I have never heard of Now and Later candy. Is it s regional thing?

Aug 25th 2008

We have it here, and it is delicious.

Aug 25th 2008 edited

Now and Later candy is the most effective tooth removing device known
to man. (Better than caramel, toffee and a pair of pliers combined.) It's basically
an extremely hard cherry, grape, banana or sour apple flavored taffy that derives
its name from the fact that you can injure yourself with it whenever you want.
The pieces are individually wrapped and shaped like typewriter keys, which your
dentist would prefer you to consume. You're supposed to suck on them (TWSS)
but of course we kids couldn't resist biting down occasionally. Not a recess of my
school years passed without the muffled wail of another child who had fallen victim
to the charms of a Now and Later. The carnage, the blood, the twelve quarters
under your pillow the next morning... I am acquainted with it all. VG is right,
by the way. They are damn tasty.

Sep 30th 2008

I still watch Survivor. And think accidental flipping and flopping is hilarious.

Sep 30th 2008

For the record, Laffy Taffy is superior to Now and Later. Less tooth damage, too.

Sep 30th 2008

Mmm, Laffy Taffy....

Sep 30th 2008

Except for the gross banana flavor.

Sep 30th 2008

I like green apple laffy taffy...that laffy taffy...that laffy taffy...

Sep 30th 2008

I was waiting for someone to quote that. I should have known it would be my hhhermana.

Sep 30th 2008

But of course!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. >
181 to 209 of 209