Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Who saw that coming? I know I did: Season 3 requests
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 120
May 26th 2006

With season two having been over for a while now, I think it would be interesting to discuss what we would like to in season three, on more of a broad scale. I would like to hear what the people on this forum would like to see changed or added to the show on more of a larger scale. So, I don't want to use this as a platform to discuss plot lines we would like to see, but more thematic elements.

I have two (that I will start off with). The first is a friendship between Jim and Ryan, including more of a development in Ryan's character in general. As one of the staring five, I find it somewhat weird how little screen time he has. Also, I believe that we have seen through B.J.'s writing that he is a comedic genius, and this seems to be a somewhat untapped source of comedy in his acting. If him and Jim develop a friendship (something that was touched on in season two), this opens up many different directions for the show to move.

The second is the possibility of a recurring episode. This is more of a personal enjoyment, and some people may find it unoriginal, but I find that recurring episodes can be hilarious when done right. I am thinking that either The Dundies or Christmas Party have the most potential for annual hilarity (unless Dwight and Michael partake in a yearly cage-match).

Any other thoughts?

May 26th 2006

Second Dundies I love it.

May 26th 2006

Second Dundies I love it.

'Cause then the season starts and it's like second Dundies.

May 26th 2006

'Cause then the season starts and it's like second Dundies.

HAHAHA

love it, love it

this is driving me crazy, I actually had a few ideas that I wanted to suggest to the writers about character development, etc (not plot lines) and i'm drawing a blank.....

May 26th 2006
  • A deepening relationship between Michael and his realtor, so we can continue to see that he's not a total ass and that he does have a human side. But I don't want to see him get soft, either (everybody now: that's what she said).

• An owning up to the Jim and Pam relationship - no jerking it around, no false starts, no STILL making us think she might go through with the wedding (or even that she's just postponed it - ick). Just stick with the straightforwardness of the finale and make it real, with no cutsey ploys or stretch-out-the-tension plot devices.

May 27th 2006

I assume Ryan gets less screen time because BJ is a writer. I guess he doesn't want to put himself on screen too much. "I hid them, because I don;t want to look at them and get cocky"

Just like Kevin Smith and the Silent Bob character.

May 27th 2006

Nathan - 2nd Dundies. I love it! I laughed out loud when I read that. My husband was wondering what what so funny, so I told him and he didn't get it. Then I had to start explaining the whole thing. Oh well.

May 28th 2006

Great thread! Now, I love everything about the Dwangela relationship, and I think those two characters are in it together for the long haul, but the more tension there, the funnier the show ....

With Jim & Pam, you'd never want to see them fight, but just imagine the passive-aggressive warfare that could be unleashed in the office if the (still secret) Dwangela relationship hit the rocks for a while .... :)

On another note, I'd like to see Oscar's boyfriend so up once in a while .... just to hammer home the "Dwight has no idea what is going on" idea .... plus I'm sure Angela would not approve .... :)

May 28th 2006

I wouldn't mind seeing Jim and Pam fight, as long as we got to see them make up. ;)

May 28th 2006

One of my season 3 requests is that we DO NOT see a pregnant Pam. Please, no pregnancy scares or pregnancy talk of any kind!

This thought of pregnancy only came to mind after numerous watchings of The Kiss scene.

Pam's mom on the phone: Do you still think you might be pregnant?

Pam: Yeah, I think I am....

Pam sees Jim and turns to him: Listen, Jim... (I need to tell you this secret that I have??)

Jim kisses her, then she gently pulls away. Does she mouth the words that she might be pregnant? Is that the supposed inaudible dialogue? Jim does look down, at that point in the scene. Is he looking at her belly?

I know I'm really stretching the speculation with this idea, but I would really hate to see the JAM/RAM season 3 storyline take any kind of turn in that direction.

May 28th 2006 edited

<Jim>Wow.</Jim>
I think you're digging a little too deep here. Maybe you should get out and get some fresh air? ;)

May 28th 2006

Well, I did mention that I was "stretching the speculation." So...Catch-22. :-P

May 28th 2006 edited

It is my dream that they'll kick off season 3 with The Muppets "Mah na mah na" (as done in the BBC version). I don't think this would fit Dwight's character though, so it would have to be Creed and Kevin annoying Angela with it and then Michael, or possibly Jim coming out of no where to finish it off.

May 28th 2006

Creed and Meredith...not together. Just more of them ;-p

And if Jim transfers (I'm guessing a camera will follow him as well)...now he's a fish out of water, trying to get adjusted to his new surroundings.

May 28th 2006

I want more Stanley. He just cracks me up, with his eye-rolling and long-suffering deadpan delivery and snarky asides. He's like the Greek chorus of the show.

May 29th 2006

He just cracks me up, with his eye-rolling and long-suffering deadpan delivery and snarky asides.

I love Stanley, too, but I love the word snarky. I've been using it a lot the past couple weeks. I love the meaning and the way it sounds when I say it. Snarky, snarky, snarky, snarky....

May 29th 2006

I prefer the sound of smock. Smock smock smock smock smock. :)

May 29th 2006

I would like to see a major character death, something really freak.

May 29th 2006

I just hope JAM doesn't overshadow the rest of the show.

May 29th 2006

It seems like, at least for me, the JAM situation we are in right now is a transitionary period. I would hope that however their relationship ends up, it gets there quick. Any kind of prolonged love triangle drama would almost have to detract from the quality of the show.

Having more of the show revolving around the supporting cast is also a great idea. Kevin has become a superstar with some of his sub-plots on the show, and I would love to see the other character's skills utilized.

Oh, and perhaps the office could end up at Marjorie's funeral. Now there is an episode.

May 29th 2006

Oh, and perhaps the office could end up at Marjorie's funeral. Now there is an episode.

Ooh - not to sound morbid, but I like it. Don't have to sacrifice a major character, and yet we'd get to see the hilarity and awkwardness that often ensues at funerals of people we barely know.

Poor Marjorie...

May 29th 2006

Not a show that I ever watched (mostly just because I didn't find it funny, not because I'm a homophobe), but Will and Grace seemed to rely in the last few seasons on big-name guest stars appearing as themselves or in exaggerated form.

I hope, therefore, that Elton John, Michael Douglas, and Matt Damon never darken the pathway to Dunder Mifflin. Because that would be a sure sign of "jumping the shark" (though Gene Wilder would be welcome, as he is a comedy legend)

May 29th 2006

One of my season 3 requests is that we DO NOT see a pregnant Pam. Please, no pregnancy scares or pregnancy talk of any kind!

OMG...in Bring Your Daughter to Work Day, Pam says she needs to get kids to like her b/c she is getting married. I don't feel like I need kids to like me b/c I'm getting married. But, I might if I was preggers...hmmm. I hope not too. That would RUIN the show.

May 29th 2006

Nothing kills comedy like a pregnant Pam. Might be truer to real life (it seems a trend with girls I graduated with to either have kids right after high school or soon after getting a job to pay for school, which they then have to drop out of in order to raise the unpleasant spawn of their misguided relationships with the allstate quarterback who ends up...well, working at a warehouse somewhere), but puts a damper on any further Jam interaction.

If Pam thought she might be pregnant, but turns out not to be, that would be fine. I can totally see Michael throwing the most inappropriate baby shower, before Pam realizes she's not pregnant after all.

May 29th 2006

Please....no pregnancy! No false pregnancy, no real pregnancy, no wanting a pregnancy.
Anyway, I kind of think that Jim and Pam should take it slow... she's just getting out of a loooong term relationship/engagement, and even if she knows she should be with Jim, I don't think they should hop into bed together right away. That kind of ruins the anticipation and romance. Let's see them learning how to be in love before it gets all lusty.

May 30th 2006 edited

Well said stella. I'd like to see Pam pregnant, but not until after her and Jim are married a few seasons down the line!

Denise

May 30th 2006

I'd like to see Toby chase that feeling...rough seas ahead for Michael

May 30th 2006

The pregnant idea is a bad bad idea. They need to keep working on the chemistry already there.

I'd love to see Pam break up with Roy and show up to work someday completely glammed up....sexy receptionist. I know that would be totally out of character but it would be funny to see her show up looking completely hot and see the office dynamics with her dressed that way. Hmmm. Maybe for next halloween have her do that. (hahaha....anyone who watches How I Met Your Mother knows exactly what I mean :)

May 30th 2006

Maybe not totally glammed up, but I could see her making more of an effort to look nice, like we saw in The Hot Girl.

May 30th 2006

Please....no pregnancy! No false pregnancy, no real pregnancy, no wanting a pregnancy.

Remember the scene where Pam tells Jim that Michael and Jan "made out...maybe more," and Jim responds with a jumble of "Ew" and "Eck" and "Ugh" and "Oh" and "Gross"?

That's how I feel about the possibility of Pam carrying Roy's baby.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 120
Top of PageBack to discussions