Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Future of The Office
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 87 of 87
Aug 10th 2007

Battle of the Bands: The Big Apple vs. The Electric City.

Oh yes, it is on!

Oct 17th 2011

Ironically, this is the last unclosed thread on Northern Attack. I'm opening it because there were only three active threads today, dammit, and that ain't right. It just ain't right.

Oct 17th 2011 edited

I wonder who won the Battle of the Bands, with which 2007 me appears to be quite interested. 2011 me thinks the exclamation point is a bit much.

Oct 17th 2011

The future of The Office is Hamnard, cankles, and Kevin Malone.

Oct 17th 2011

2009 Jinx would have laughed at your overblown enthusiasm. 2011 Jinx, though...not so much.

Oct 17th 2011

Oh 2011 Jinx, your cynicism is delightful!

Oct 17th 2011

2011 Jinx

I have a feeling that 2012 Jinx won't be able to stand that guy.

Oct 18th 2011 edited

The future of The Office is Hamnard, cankles, and Kevin Malone.

I ain't exactly wearing shades in anticipation.

Oct 18th 2011

I have a feeling that 2012 Jinx won't be able to stand that guy.

I can barely stand him now.

Oct 18th 2011

Don't count any chickens. Jinx might die of old age before 2012.

Oct 18th 2011

Or he might turn out to be humanity's last hope after the 2012 apocalypse.

Oct 19th 2011

I'm predicting that humanity's last hope before the 2012 apocalypse will either be Jewish or Canadian. Or maybe some kind of halfsy.

Oct 25th 2011 edited

From some blog:

The problem of new characters is also a reason why The Office is so bad this season. James Spader was impressively creepy in the initial job interview at the end of last year, but the show has done a huge disservice to the Emmy winner by instantly promoting him to CEO. Every single episode of The Office this season is built around the anticipation of Robert California's arrival to Dunder-Mifflin, which makes it less special than it should be.

Spader has also been given nothing to do. Michael Scott was such an effective character because his ineptitude and absurdity was balanced by moments of genuine humanity and intelligence. He was a joke, but he was also surprisingly good at his job when need be and he genuinely cared for all of his employees. Comparatively, Spader's character is one dimensional.

It also seems obvious that The Office is getting old because the supporting characters are becoming pointless. There was a time when Rainn Wilson was an Emmy-worthy performer, but now Dwight just sits there like a bump on a log. John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer seem to be biding their time until they can jump ship and move on in their lives, and B.J. Novak is still in the opening credits despite the fact that Ryan has fewer lines than Creed and gets more screentime in webisodes than on the actual show.

There was a time when How I Met Your Mother and The Office were the two funniest shows on TV. They had clever jokes, brilliant characters and heartfelt emotions. Now both shows are on their last legs and rather than going out while they're still on top, they're both struggling to make it to the finish line, running on fumes. I hope this is the last year for both shows, because watching them last any longer would be too embarrassing.

'HIMYM' and 'The Office': Not-as-Good or Just Plain Bad?

Oct 26th 2011

I agree with much of that blog. That's probably why I haven't watched either show for a few years now.

Oct 26th 2011

Reading that made me look back. I once wrote this. Parts of it I stand by. Others read like someone else wrote them.

Oct 26th 2011

Others read like someone else wrote them.

Like the part about the one hardcore Office site you still go to because the people there are a cool crew?

Oct 26th 2011

It's like I don't even know me anymore.

Oct 26th 2011

But I stopped caring about Jim And Pam™ somewhere between “Then…it’s a date.” and “Are you kidding me?”

It's a cruel summer.

Oct 26th 2011

Getting pumped for Season 6 was probably a mistake. While the blog post above seems relatively on point, isn't four episodes a little early to decide how Spader is being used? Also, complaining about B.J. Novak at this point tells me this person hasn't really been paying attention.

Oct 26th 2011

I once wrote this.

I thought the comments section was really insightful.

I remember when I still hoped the show would come around and be great again. Now, it's like I've been stabbed so many times in the groin of the head that I don't feel anything for the show anymore.

Jan 12th 2012

There's a thread somewhere dedicated to articles people write about The Office, isn't there? I can't seem to find it. I know there have been a buttload of articles written about the show, and about how it sucks now compared to what it used to be. Well, here's another one.

The Office - Can It Be Fixed?

(Spoiler - no. Here's the closing line:

In its eighth season, The Office has become a zombie more fearful than any legless ghoul on The Walking Dead. It might be time to put it down.)

Jan 12th 2012

Okay, that might be the best analysis of the show I've read. I wish they would follow his advice to shake things up, but, as he said, they won't.

May 25th 2012

Why are they still doing this? It's so sad.

May 25th 2012

Why are they still doing this? It's so sad.

I wonder how long it has been since someone clicked on the link to subscribe.

I'm surprised there aren't more comments in this thread. Seems like it would have been popular a few years ago. Now, talking about the future of The Office could be replaced with the "Smash your thumb with a hammer" thread.

May 25th 2012

So, anyone up for some Dunder Mifflin Infinity?

May 25th 2012

Medford! Medford! Medf-- I can't do it.

May 25th 2012

It was a nice try though.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 87 of 87
Top of PageBack to discussions