Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You really hid it well: Things we missed the first time
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >
1 to 30 of 358
May 31st 2006

I just rewatched Booze Cruise for the gazillionth time, and noticed a few things this time around, that I had missed during previous viewings. They probably seem obvious to most of you, but for some reason I'm just catching them now!

*When Katy is pouting after Jim breaks up with her, Kelly is seen behind Katy with her head down, asleep on the table.

*When Jim comes outside to talk to Michael, he is putting on big, puffy, gray gloves.

*When Michael "motivates" by telling all the passengers that the ship is sinking, all the Dunder Mifflin employees are rolling their eyes and blowing him off. The only ones getting up and/or jumping out the window are people who don't "know" Michael Gary Scott.

This last one is extra embarrassing to admit because it seems like such a "duh" thing, but I never noticed that before! My excuse is, I've always been preoccupied with the 27 seconds of silence and missed a lot of the other details. Yeah, that's it.

May 31st 2006

People don't tend to realize that Jim was just about to reveal his true feelings to Pam on the boat. He goes up to her and motions a "Can I talk to you about something?" motion. Of course, this is right before Roy gets on the mic, so I try to repress this memory alot. THough I have to say, it is a damn well made episode. It might not be my favorite anymore (it was when it first aired), but it's a solid episode.

Jun 1st 2006

It took me a few times of watching the boys and girls episode to notice the first time Kevin is hiding in the back when Roy confronts Jim I also noticed that when Dwight is shoveling through pam's jellybeans he asks where the black ones are I forget which episode

Jun 1st 2006

People don't tend to realize that Jim was just about to reveal his true feelings to Pam on the boat.

I managed to recognize this the first time I saw the episode (I was screaming Nooooo!!!!! at the tv when Roy interrupted what Jim was possibly about to do), but my husband just realized it the last time we watched it together. He said he'll have to pay closer attention during Season 3.

Jun 1st 2006

In the Performance Evaluation teaser (the fitness orb), Dwight comments that the orb improves sex, to which Jim replies, "You're not having sex." Dwight then makes a kind of smirk and doesn't respond. At first viewing I assumed this meant that Jim was right and that Dwight simply didn't have a clever retort. After rewatching it, I wonder if maybe the smirk was because he is having sex, but he can't tell Jim about it (I'm referring to Dwangela, of course).

In the pilot episode (which I don't watch all that often), I noticed something on a recent viewing. After Dwight pulls out the Stapler-in-Jell-o from his desk, you hear Pam suddenly burst out in girlish laughter. I thought that that was a perfect addition to the introduction of the Jim-Pam relationship. This was the first time in the series that we had heard Pam laugh out loud, and it was the first time that we had seen Jim and Pam semi-interacting (they had previously only talked about each other in talking heads). That laugh and that pan to her said a lot about Pam's character.

Jun 1st 2006

Is this the confession thread?

• I watched Dwights Speech at least 10 times before I realized that the girl in the back filming was Angela. Nevermind that she went home sick (I thought she went home sick to get back at the thermostat war people). I was just really dense on that one.

• I never saw the rat in the trap moving in The Alliance until it was pointed out to me on this board.

• In the Alliance, Michael complains about the party being lousy and Angela blames Phylis for the streamers being the wrong color when in fact Angela picked that color and flat out lied to Michael.

Jun 1st 2006 edited

I never saw the rat in the trap moving in The Alliance until it was pointed out to me on this board.

Whaaaaat? Are you serious? Well, looks like I am assigning myself some homework for later on. Must watch The Alliance.

In the Alliance, Michael complains about the party being lousy and Angela blames Phylis for the streamers being the wrong color when in fact Angela picked that color and flat out lied to Michael.

Ok, missed this too.

Jim replies, "You're not having sex." Dwight then makes a kind of smirk and doesn't respond. At first viewing I assumed this meant that Jim was right and that Dwight simply didn't have a clever retort. After rewatching it, I wonder if maybe the smirk was because he is having sex.

Yep. I had the exact thought initially. But now I agree with you that he smirked because he IS doin' it with Angela. Especially since Jim commented in Conflict Resolution, about not believing Dwight had a girlfriend.

After Dwight pulls out the Stapler-in-Jell-o from his desk, you hear Pam suddenly burst out in girlish laughter.

Believe it or not, I caught this on Saturday when I had a mini Office-a-thon with a friend of mine who is new to the show. I couldn't believe I missed it all the other times. It does indeed give a very early glimpse into the JAM dynamic.

Jun 1st 2006

Dump Roy,

About the rat in the trap seen in The Alliance episode, I was the one who originally discovered it and this was what I posted on March 9th:

OMG! - I don't know if this has been mentioned in The Office season 1 DVD commentary, or anywhere else, so please forgive me if this is common knowledge.

I just noticed something in The Alliance that is weird and disturbing. When Jim is down in the warehouse, taping Dwight into the box, watch the action behind Jim on the floor. It appears to be a rodent trap or something with a "struggling" black rat beside it. In the next take, it is gone, but later appears while Pam is in the warehouse on the phone.

I am so freaked out by this. That is just gross. Please tell me that is not a real, dying rat that somehow ended up in this scene. I hope it's just the writers messing with us. Wow, I'm sickened.

Hope this helps you find the scene.

Jun 1st 2006

Thanks Lori. I wasn't quite sure it was this board that I read it on because I have "visited" a few other forums and wasn't completely sure which one had it posted. After reading your post way back then I raced to my DVD and watched those scenes over a few times.

As far as the streamers in the party, Phylis suggests Green at the planning meeting and Angela calls it "whorish" and chooses red. Later on, when commenting on the red streamers, Angela says that color was Phylis' idea.

Jun 1st 2006 edited

A great saw-it-a-few-times-before-noticing-its-genius moments is in The Secret. When Dwight is asking Michael why he and Jim are being so chummy and conversational all of a sudden, Jim tells him that Michael had asked him to head up the "Oscar investigation" but that he suggested that Dwight would do a better job. Dwight asks Michael if this is true, and Michael stutters and won't look him in the eye and is just kinda like "Yes?" Dwight says, "thanks Michael, I know you're telling the truth." Which is hilarious because Dwight just had a talking head about how to tell if a person is lying, and Michael pretty much displays all the qualities of a liar.

Jun 1st 2006

Which is hilarious because Dwight just had a talking head about how to tell if a person is lying, and Michael pretty much displays all the qualities of a liar.

But he's Michael :-)

I gotta check on that rat thing.

I didn't notice it until someone said something, but after Jim pops the fitness orb, he covers his mouth as if he is trying to stifle his laughter.

About Pam giggling. This is one of my favorite cute Pam scenes just because of how damn cute and funny it is! I mean, awwww! It's this scene, and the look she gives Jim after "It's an epidemic" in Health Care.

Also, I give these actors credit. Their looks to the camera are such a big part of the show, and I tried to just go through scenes to myself, and those looks are hard to emulate. :-(

Jun 1st 2006

All The Clovers: Ah, if you'll notice, Michael displays all the qualities of a liar as laid down by Dwight EXCEPT that he didn't partially cover his mouth with his hand. So, to Dwight at least, he clearly wasn't lying ;P

Jun 1st 2006

In a recent rewatch of "Dwight's Speech" I noticed Creed air-drumming in the background after Michael's faux bonus announcement (as Stanley says "Get the wallpaper") and Angela grinning at Dwight's misguided efforts in the conference room (though I think I'd picked up on that one before).

Jun 2nd 2006 edited

Ok.. I just watched a few episodes last night so I've got some.
In Take Your Daughter to Work Day
*When Creed offers to show his foot with four toes he mentions that 'the hair covers it up mostly' blech.. that is so gross. haha
*Right after they flash to the pizza the camera moves up to Michel and in the background Jim is doing some weird dance. I had to re-watch that part a few times.. it was so cute.
In Performance Review
I never noticed before that Michael accidentally touches Jan's boob when she first gets to the office... Yes, I used the term boob.

Jun 2nd 2006

After rewatching it, I wonder if maybe the smirk was because he is having sex, but he can't tell Jim about it (I'm referring to Dwangela, of course).

In the same episode, Kevin says "I heard Michael and Jan made out AND had sex..." to which Angela replies, "Offices romances are nobody's business but the people involved" to which Kevin replies "Romances?" I imagine if Angela was NOT in an office relationship, she would have said something negative about them in response. Definitely think Dwangela was born around this episode... (not much sooner though because in the Halloween episode, Angela is one of the names Dwight suggests to be fired).

Jun 2nd 2006

About the Secret and Jim, Michael and Dwight's conversation: I love the sticking of purple post-it notes Jim and Dwight engage in. Especially the final time that Jim gets Dwight, as he goes towards the breakroom he suddenly starts jerking at his shoulder, where the paper is just out of reach. A small moment, but one that reminded me of all the times my friends and I would do that sort of thing in high school.

Also Michael's line about he and Jim being "great friends, we hang out a ton...at work". So sad and funny at the same time.

Jun 2nd 2006

In the secret, after the trip to Hooters, Michael goes to Angela to get her to write off the meal as a business expense, which leads them to Toby, who reminds Michael that his corporate card was just given back to him, after being taken away for purchasing a magic kit. Then it cuts to a talking head interview with Michael, where he explains why he bought the magic kit. After watching this episode a few times, I happened to notice that during this interview, Michael is wearing a fake thumb, which magicians use to hid objects (such as hankerchiefs). I don't know if that had something to do with a deleted scene, or just a very subtle joke by the writers, but I found it interesting.

Jun 4th 2006

I just watched Booze Cruise and noticed that near the beginning when they are listing all of the things that Michael told them to bring they show Kevin packing the stuff and he pulls out a package of condoms, shows them to the camera and smiles.

Haha

Jun 5th 2006

Also from Booze Cruise, watch Kevin as he is walking with the others to get on the boat. He's wearing a ski mask and has it completely pulled down over his face, as if he's preparing to rob a bank. As he walks past Michael, he bumps into him, a little, because the ski mask is obviously blocking his vision. Ha!

As far as Kevin bringing condoms, perhaps when he read Michael's memo about the list of items to bring, he was a little confused...

• Ski Mask
  • Rubber
  • Soled shoes

Who knows, it's nebulose.

Jun 5th 2006 edited

In the same episode, Kevin says "I heard Michael and Jan made out AND had sex..." to which Angela replies, "Offices romances are nobody's business but the people involved" to which Kevin replies "Romances?" I imagine if Angela was NOT in an office relationship, she would have said something negative about them in response. Definitely think Dwangela was born around this episode... (not much sooner though because in the Halloween episode, Angela is one of the names Dwight suggests to be fired).

I agree because in Conflict Resolution, Michael mentions that Angela has complained about everyone except Dwight. Then he mentioned that there were a lot of complaints about Dwight that were redacted about 6 months ago. It is fair to assume that Angela was the one that redacted them.

The Conflict Resolution episode aired on 5/4/06, going back about 6 months will bring us somewhere around 11/8/2005 when The Client aired.

Jun 5th 2006

Oooo......good investigative work there Plaid!!

Denise

Jun 5th 2006

It took me a few months to get this one from the Dundies Episode. After putting on Carnac's hat Michael says "The IRA, the PLO, and the hot dog stand behind the warehouse."

Then he opens the letter and asks "Name three companies with better health care than Dunder Mifflin."

I think he means the Irish Republican Army, palestinian liberation organization and the hot dog stand behind the warehouse. I maybe wrong, though. Funny stuff.

Jun 5th 2006

Yeah, twoqueensatonce. One of my favorite jokes of season 2. not sure why.

The Conflict Resolution episode aired on 5/4/06, going back about 6 months will bring us somewhere around 11/8/2005 when The Client aired.

But remember...The last couple of Office episodes was delayed for about a month, if not more. The season was supposed to end in March, so 6 months ago would have been....October?

Jun 9th 2006 edited

Could the nickels used to make Dwight hit his head with a phone be the same nickels Jim gives him so he can buy his stuff from the vending machine?

When everyone is watching Michaels's video in Take Your Daughters to Work, Dwight asks, "Is that a real functioning windmill?"

Jun 9th 2006

Another thing about nickles 'n phones 'n stuff....I noticed recently while rewatching the pilot that when he arrives in the morning, Dwight takes his telephone handset out of a locked drawer, unfurls the cord and rehooks it into the receiver. I'm assuming he keeps it safe and sound in there from Jim and his coinage.

Jun 9th 2006

I was rewatching the E-Mail episode last night and noticed that when Michael read through the list of people invited to Jims' BBQ that Pam was not on the list either..... Strange....because we all know she would have been the first invited :)

Jun 9th 2006

I was rewatching the E-Mail episode last night and noticed that when Michael read through the list of people invited to Jims' BBQ that Pam was not on the list either..... Strange....because we all know she would have been the first invited :)

I always assumed that he personally asked her to come to the party instead of sending an eVite.

"Where's my eVitation?" :)

Jun 9th 2006

In The Fire, when Dwight goes back in the building to get Michael's cell phone, everyone gathers by the door. Roy is the back and starts jumping around and signaling to someone off-camera. What is he doing, he looks like a total spaz.

Also, when Katy first drives up and then when her and Jim drive away he is behind Pam's back giving Jim a thumbs up or fist pump. Pretty funny, you have to look quick to notice it.

Jun 9th 2006

In The Fire, when Dwight goes back in the building to get Michael's cell phone, everyone gathers by the door. Roy is the back and starts jumping around and signaling to someone off-camera. What is he doing, he looks like a total spaz.

I think that Roy is signaling to the warehouse guys in the back to come to the front of the building and check out what's happening. That's what I got from it.

Jun 9th 2006

Also, when Katy first drives up and then when her and Jim drive away he is behind Pam's back giving Jim a thumbs up or fist pump. Pretty funny, you have to look quick to notice it.

JLJ, Nice find! I'd never noticed that look and gesture that Roy gave to Jim. It's as if he's saying, "Nice going on getting with Katy!!" That was great, thanks for pointing it out.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >