Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
That's Tina Fey!: Spotted Co-workers
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 147
Jun 3rd 2006

'Member Craiggers from Valentine's Day? I just saw him on Phil of the Future as Phil's father. How I came across that show is beyond my understanding.

You have been kicked out of every strip club in Albany. Is that true?

Jun 4th 2006

Roy was in Big Fish. Guess what? He plays the insensitive jerk who has the girl, and she ends up leaving him for Ewen McGregor, who is the nice guy who we were all rooting for.

Woot.

Jun 4th 2006

Charles Esten, who plays Josh Porter (also a DM regional manager in Valentine's Day), is a long time supporting performer on Who's Line is it Anyway?

Despite his brief appearance, I still like his character (or at least saw some potentially great comedy from him) and hope that he makes future appearances.

Jun 4th 2006

Both Darryl and Phyllis have been in tiny 2 second flashes on Arrested Development. Phyllis was a staff member around the table in a meeting, and I can't remember what Darryl was doing. I think he might've been a shopkeeper or something.

Jun 4th 2006

Kevin was also in Arrested Development. I think he was a wig shop owner in season three...

Jun 4th 2006

Roy was in Big Fish. Guess what? He plays the insensitive jerk who has the girl, and she ends up leaving him for Ewen McGregor, who is the nice guy who we were all rooting for.

Poor David.

Jun 5th 2006

Jan Levinson-Gould was in an episode of "Judging Amy" as a high school teacher who had a baby fathered by a student who allegedly raped her (I didn't see the end). John Krasinski was in an episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" as a snarky (ding! ding! ding! - use of new favorite word alert!) high school basketball player.

Was Darryl in the 2nd episode of "Arrested Development" where they burned down the frozen banana stand? I just watched it last night, and I thought it was him, but I'm not sure. I'm still laughing over the "cathartic burning of the banana stand," so I'm not sure. I think his name was T-Bone.

Jun 5th 2006

I happened to catch an episode of "That 70s Show" this weekend and Jenna Fischer was playing a store clerk. I barely recognized her.

Jun 5th 2006

Was Darryl in the 2nd episode of "Arrested Development" where they burned down the frozen banana stand? I just watched it last night, and I thought it was him, but I'm not sure. I'm still laughing over the "cathartic burning of the banana stand," so I'm not sure. I think his name was T-Bone.

No, that was a different large black actor. Sorry I don't have his name and am too lazy to go look. I'm watching Season One from the beginning and just saw that episode. There's Money IN The Banana Stand!! :)

Jun 5th 2006

A few weeks ago I was watching a Friends rerun late at night and when I saw "Daryl" I started yelling "Look! Look! It's Daryl from The Office!" and woke up my husband. He portrayed the annoyed guy behind the counter when Pheobe went to change her last name to Hannigan after marrying Mike, but ended up changing her entire name to Princess Consuela Banana Hammock.

Jun 5th 2006

Wasn't Jan Levinson (no Gould) in the movie "Soul Man" starring C. Thomas Howell?

I'm an 80's kid and must have seen that thing a billion times. As soon as I saw her on The Office I knew she looked familiar. She plays a sex pot in Soul Man; I think she had long, reddish hair in the movie.

Jun 5th 2006

No, that was a different large black actor. Sorry I don't have his name and am too lazy to go look. I'm watching Season One from the beginning and just saw that episode. There's Money IN The Banana Stand!! :)

Thanks. I was crying laughing (more than one tear here) toward the end when George Michael was wadding up the newspaper to start the fire and T-Bone was watching him ("Hey, they're gonna blame me for that") that I didn't even get a good look at the actor.

Jun 5th 2006

T-bone from Arrested Development isn't Daryl, the actors name Patrice O'Neal (I think that's how you spell it) and he's definitely one of the warehouse guys. Lonny maybe?

Jun 5th 2006

This has probably been mentioned before but Jenna has an uncredited appearance in 40-Year Old Virgin. Early in the movie when Carrell and the rest of the guys go to a bar they pan the room and she is facing the camera talking to another girl. A few seconds later they do another pan and you see her again very briefly. You really have to be looking for her to notice, I first saw the movie halfway through Season 2 and I didn't notice until I someone posted it on another board. Plus she looks like sexy Jenna not plain Pam.

John is in Kinsey as part of a married couple getting counseling from Dr. Kinsey. Kinsey asks how many positions they use and John says "There's more than one position?".

Jun 5th 2006

ilovebeets,

Speaking of Melora Hardin (aka Jan Levinson) playing a sex pot, have you seen her website where she sings sultry songs? I must say, it was a bit bizarre for me when I saw it, but I'm sure Michael would enjoy it. :-)

Sex Kitten Melora

Jun 5th 2006

Kevin was also in Arrested Development. I think he was a wig shop owner in season three...

He was a gun vendor in season two :) Tobias wanted a gun, but didn't care for the waiting period.
Tobias: Two weeks? Isn’t there a loophole?
Gun Shop Owner: Well, there is a gun show loophole.

Jun 5th 2006

Thaaaat's right... It's been a while. Stupid Fox.

Jun 5th 2006

I really need to see that episode of Law and Order where JK is a guest. Anyone youtube it?

Also, there is this movie "Employee of the Month", where Jenna Fischer plays a hooker. I havent seen it, but I hear it is damn raunchy. Just go check the quotes on IMDB!

Jun 5th 2006

Thanks. I was crying laughing (more than one tear here) toward the end when George Michael was wadding up the newspaper to start the fire and T-Bone was watching him ("Hey, they're gonna blame me for that") that I didn't even get a good look at the actor.

I loved the part where Michael asked him if he burned down the storage unit and he said "Almost definitely". I laughed like an idiot for about 10 minutes at that!

Jun 6th 2006

Lori, that website weirds me out a bit. Good thing my Internet is so slow, else I might have been tempted to listen.

Jun 6th 2006

that website weirds me out a bit

Yeah me too!

Judging by the pictures on the site, I'd say she really does aspire to be a whore! (hehe, just kidding, Melora!)

Jun 7th 2006

Rainn Wilson was in "Entourage" as a geeky writer with a chip on his shoulder; in the episode, he is eventually visited by 2 or 3 whip-weilding women wearing black leather corsets...and some other black latex paraphernalia. You have to watch it yourself. Let's just say Dwight would be running to Toby with many questions about what was going on and what he should do.

Jun 7th 2006

Rainn Wilson was in "Entourage" as a geeky writer with a chip on his shoulder

Loaded T-

I saw this episode a few weeks ago and could not get over how different "Dwight" looked, with just a simple 5 o'clock shadow, Hawaiian shirt and rimmed glasses. His character was an ass, but I thought RW looked adorable.

Jun 7th 2006 edited

His character was an ass, but I thought RW looked adorable.

Yep, he was a cutie :-) It's hard for me to separate looks from character attributes sometimes, and since his character was such a nasty dork it was easy to overlook his physical attributes. Just like the way Jim is adorable, but his personality just wraps up the whole package for me and makes him the Near-Perfect Fictional Guy. I heard an interview with Jenna Fischer once where she said she doesn't know how Pam keeps herself from jumping into Jim's lap and planting kisses all over him because he's so yummy. And I just thought, "Yeah, why doesn't she? He's cute and he's smart and funny. Good thing she's still with her dirtbag fiance...I can see how she's torn."

Jun 7th 2006

ok...we digress OT here, but I had to add this for those who have not heard Jenna's long (and great) podcast interview a while back. She said there was a magical moment between herself and John in Jinx when she brings him the coke to buy for her (but the way, I love the way she taps the can closer to him), and he buys it. She said the way he looked in the scene when he smiled and said "Hi" was incredible, and that he looked even more delicious (I'm paraphrasing here) on camera when they watched it. She said before that time there may have been a character-based Roy filter in the way she processed things but in that scene she really felt the Jim/John magnetism for the first time.

Jun 7th 2006

She said the way he looked in the scene when he smiled and said "Hi" was incredible.

That scene is EEEEEEE worthy, for sure. I also think I remember something about JK saying that he and Jenna had not filmed together that day at all until that particular scene, so the "hi/hey" thing was very natural for them.

It makes the scene all the more special, I think- at least for me.

Jun 7th 2006

Jim is adorable, but his personality just wraps up the whole package for me and makes him the Near-Perfect Fictional Guy.

I like that. I'm going to use that. NPFG. Near-Perfect Fictional Guy.

I'm surprised more men don't hate the Jim Halpert character because he sets the bar pretty dang high.

Jun 7th 2006

I'm surprised more men don't hate the Jim Halpert character because he sets the bar pretty dang high.

Many of us don't worry about it though because though he may set the bar high, they don't paint him to be 'flawless' - ok, so, they dont show his flaws exactly either, but he's clearly not perfect.

On top of that, I think so many of us relate to him it's not even funny.

Personally, I've always felt like more often than not, the nice guy does finish last sadly enough for us nice guys. Sooo, seeing Jim, gives us hope I think.....

Jun 7th 2006

Personally, I've always felt like more often than not, the nice guy does finish last sadly enough for us nice guys. Sooo, seeing Jim, gives us hope I think.....

wouldnt that make us more hopeless?

Jun 7th 2006

Mr. Carter, Michael Scott's improv teacher was in the DirectTV commercial.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. >
1 to 30 of 147
Top of PageBack to discussions