Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Desert Island Game #4: Worst Dates
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 52 of 52
May 28th 2014

I would tell you, and a younger me, that you should definitely do things that scare you. Even if...EVEN IF...you have inklings that he is not "the one", you should definitely press forward. Because finding out that he's a jerk, or making a fool out of yourself, or getting dumped, is an experience that you will LEARN from. I would always get to know someone, and if I had a thought that long term she wasn't perfect for me, or saw any warning signs, I would exit. Perfectly safe. And perfectly boring. And perfectly not preparing me for relationships with women.

But I'm just being a totally scared idiot.

Yesh.

May 28th 2014

you should definitely press forward

Eventually I'm going to wind up eloping, because you guys think I should be more adventurous. Then where we will be?

But seriously, so far, so good, so long as I just stay out of my head about it.

May 28th 2014

Then where we will be?

Depends where you elope. How would we know?

May 29th 2014

If you elope without me, I will hunt you down and kill you for real.

May 29th 2014

If I elope, I'm not taking a girl along. #wtf

May 29th 2014

I mean, I love you, MISS. But not that much.

May 29th 2014 edited

I'm already planning your wedding. (no pressure)

Seriously, this sounds promising. Remember, he's most likely much more insecure than you, so just let it happen organically. A concert sounds like a great next step. Go Toosie!

Would you like roses and gardenias for your bouquet...? Kidding. Totally kidding.

May 29th 2014 edited

I'm already naming the kids. And what their usernames on Northern Attack will be.

I think 2' Closer to Jinx has a nice ring to it.

May 29th 2014

he's most likely much more insecure than you

I'm not sure that's possible.

bouquet... naming the kids

You know "rose" kills two birds.

As long as you guys are having fun, that's the most important thing. :-)

May 29th 2014 edited

.#wtf

See what @toosie did there.

May 29th 2014

You don't have to take me along, you just have to tell me about it. If I accidentally happen to be there, oh well. And if I accidentally have a couple of your midwest friends with me, oh well again.

May 29th 2014

(NA totally needs a "like" button. There's some good stuff here.)

May 29th 2014

you just have to tell me about it.

Do I do anything without putting it online?

And if I accidentally have a couple of your midwest friends with me

So long as my midwest grandma isn't.

See what @toosie did there.

Just for you, Bri.

May 30th 2014

As long as you guys are having fun, that's the most important thing. :-)

Why yes, yes it is.

I think 2' Closer to Jinx has a nice ring to it

Well, maybe if it's a boy. But if it's a girl, I'm thinking Take the Copier. Or Gardenia. (2 birds again, Toos)

Jun 1st 2014

Toosie, you're such an awesome person. Instead of feeling embarrassed about a 'lack' of experience, you should know that there is no real way to be experienced with a new person. That is the best part about new relationships. Even if you have "experience", it's never the same with a different person. And, if he's nice, he's just as excited as you about exploring new territory. As long as you approach it with humor and honesty (which is pretty much your MO) you're going to be JUST FINE.

Besides, kissing isn't about prowess or whatever. It's about connecting with someone else. There's no right way to do it. :)

And also, everything everyone else said. Fear is a silly, silly thing.

Jun 1st 2014

The minute he asks "how do you feel about Game of Thrones-themed roleplay?," you might want to start running :-p

It's hard out there for shy people to connect with the opposite sex. A lot of my time away from work is spent with family or on my own, I haven't really been on a "date" date in a while.

Jun 1st 2014

Women be knowing relationship stuff.

Jun 3rd 2014

Sho nuff

Jun 13th 2014

So here's the follow up. We went out 4 times and times got increasingly uncomfortable. He asked me the other day if I'd want to go on a picnic this weekend. I freaked out, because I had basically decided to try to end it somehow.

I talked to different folks, and eventually my own folks, about what I should do. I ultimately followed my dad's advice and said that we could go, if he wanted, but that I didn't really see it going in a romantical direction. He said that he honestly was feeling the same way, but was trying to put a lot of effort into it.

(It was way too much effort.)

Anyway, we both like generally talking to each other and want to be friends... we're not going on the picnic, or to the concert, but we are going to go play some mini-golf in a few weeks to celebrate when his semester ends.

So, long story short, a new friend I can talk to online whenever I want and can hang out with in real life whenever I want, yay!

Jun 13th 2014

While not an ideal outcome, it certainly beats many of the alternatives and you learned that an honest discussion was a lot better than delaying the inevitable. Many folks never learn this lesson. Congrats.

Jun 14th 2014

No kidding. Maturity for the m'f'ing win! That's a good outcome even if you didn't make a love connection.

Jun 16th 2014

Yay for you Toosie, and your mature, reasonable decisions. Can you teach the rest of the world how to act?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 52 of 52
Top of PageBack to discussions