Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Office Fanfiction Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 71
  12. >
1 to 30 of 2106
Jun 12th 2006 edited

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to start a thread for my own work, so I will not be surprised if this thread is taken out. I will be happy to replace it with a more general thread or whatnot, just give me a heads up :)

Sense Chapter 1: Sound

Sense Chapter 2: Taste

Sense Chapter 3: Scent

Sense Chapter 4: Sight

Sense Chapter 5: Feel

The above are ff.net links. For those experiencing problems with ff.net (I've heard rumors of viruses), here are alternate links (to my livejournal page):

Sense Chapter 1: Sound

Sense Chapter 2: Taste

Sense Chapter 3: Scent

Sense Chapter 4: Sight

Sense Chapter 5: Feel

Please do read and review, thanks :)

Jun 12th 2006

I read most of this earlier today when you put it on IMDB. Gives "fan fiction" a good name, in my humble and un-finacially solicited opinion.

You nailed Jim's interior thoughts, by the way. I can definitely hear that bouncing around in his head when he's telling Pam about his feelings.

Jun 12th 2006

Thanks for the feedback, Two Hole-Punch Jim. I didn't realize it was on imdb - is there a link to it? I don't post on those boards, so it wasn't me.

Were they using my name? I'm really confused now.

Jun 12th 2006

Wow! This is wonderful! I really love how it's satisfying AND realistic AND uncheesy (is that a word?). And it has great grammar, spelling and structure. It's obvious you put so much thought and work into it - thank you for sharing it!

Jun 12th 2006

Proudgirl- Here's the link. They say you wrote it, don't claim it themselves. There's good feedback too.

Jun 12th 2006

We definately need a sixth part of this fanfic. Best I've ever read.

Jun 12th 2006 edited

I'm not sure how appropriate it is to start a thread for my own work, so I will not be surprised if this thread is taken out. I will be happy to replace it with a more general thread or whatnot, just give me a heads up :)

Not a problem, proudgirl. Rather than replacing this thread with another one, you're more than welcome to convert it to our official fan fiction thread (doesn't yet exist here, as far I know). If you hit the edit link on your original post, you'll notice that you can edit the discussion title as well as the post itself.

Jun 13th 2006 edited

To be honest, proudgirl, I was hesitant to read your fanfic; thought the episodes are perfection and fanfiction about beloved characters would be disappointing. But seeing it was your work, and I so enjoy your videos, I decided to read a bit. Five chapters later I must tell you that I'm blown away. Really lovely, insightful stuff. True to the characters and damn, you write good.

Epilogue: yes, please.

And when your first novel is published, I'll be sending it to you for an autograph; that ok?

Jun 13th 2006

Just read the whole thing in one sitting and it was fabulous. Very well written. The best Office fic I've read.

Jun 13th 2006

To be honest, proudgirl, I was hesitant to read your fanfic; thought the episodes are perfection and fanfiction about beloved characters would be disappointing. But seeing it was your work, and I so enjoy your videos, I decided to read a bit. Five chapters later I must tell you that I'm blown away. Really lovely, insightful stuff. True to the characters and damn, you write good.

Epilogue: yes, please.

And when your first novel is published, I'll be sending it to you for an autograph; that ok?

garbagethrower, that is the best feedback I've ever gotten, and it means so much coming from you because you give great constructive feedback. I am literally blushing. LOL about the autograph. Really - thanks for the massive vote of confidence, and I'll see what I can do with the sixth part (still deciding).

Just read the whole thing in one sitting and it was fabulous. Very well written. The best Office fic I've read.

Thanks, ilovebeets. That is quite a compliment :)

Jun 14th 2006 edited

Great story proudgirl!

Since this is the fan fiction thread I'll share something I wrote a few months back and posted in my MySpace blog. With what has happened in the finale, I'd have to change a couple things, mainly Jim's talking head at the end. I wrote it thinking it as an episode in season 3, so if I go back and change anything it would be after season 3 starts again to see what the whole situation is then. One thing different between mine and proudgirl's is that I wrote it out in an episode-type format. Hope you all enjoy reading it!

part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4

Denise

Jun 14th 2006

ddker, I've changed the title to this thread so now it's for all fanfiction-mongers (heh). And I'm off to read yours :)

Oct 27th 2006 edited

I am bumping this thread because I find it curious that, with all the Office fanfic out there, it only has 12 posts. Are we embarassed by loving the fanfic?

I personally had never read fanfic until my Office obsession, but now I go to More Than That all the time. This stuff is good, in my opinion, and I am a voracious reader.

I'll recommend a story I read recently: It is a relatively short story called "Rue" over at MTT. I apologize for (a) not knowing the author, and (b), not providing a link. I know, I know, Markdown can tell me, but I'm feeling lazy just now.

Anyway, "Rue" absolutely broke my heart. I was literally a sobbing, snotty mess after reading that story. If you don't like the dark side of Jim and Pam, don't read it. You have been warned, as they say.

Edit: Just did a little research. "Rue" was written by NeverEnoughJam. I also recommend "After the Fall", by Girl7. Great stuff. Again, these can be found over at MTT; you can search by author or title.

Jan 1st 2007

proudgirl, that is the best fanfiction period I have ever read. of anything. that story was gripping, true to the show, true to the characters, and well-written.

May 21st 2007

I've spent a lot of time (too much time) imagining what Jim and Pam's first date would be like (and even what the rest of the day was like from the moment Pam exited the conference room after her talking head) but I don't have the skills for fanfic. If anyone finds (or writes) any new fanfic about Jim and Pam's first date, please post!

(Do you think Jim will kiss Pam on their first date? Or maybe Pam will kiss Jim? Or will they take it very slow? What kind of restaurant will they go to? What will Pam wear? Does she even have any good "date" clothes? Will they leave straight from work? What will they talk about? Am I such a dork for wondering all of these things already? Will I admit this to anyone I know in real life? No.)

May 21st 2007

There's several here, in the "most recent" section. Many are about Jim and Pam's date or the coversation after the conference room scene. More Than That

May 21st 2007

Thank you, stella! This will definitely help me get through the summer. Bookmarked. Even simple little ones like this are great.

May 21st 2007

This...

I've spent a lot of time (too much time) imagining what Jim and Pam's first date would be like (and even what the rest of the day was like from the moment Pam exited the conference room after her talking head)

contradicts, and thereby proves false, this...

I don't have the skills

So have at it, ST.

May 21st 2007

Oh, no contradiction. Imagining what happened the rest of the day in the Office and at dinner that night are very different than writing about it. But I can at least list a few thoughts.

There's a lot of details that keep changing in my mind, but here's some that haven't.

• Whatever restaurant they end up going to, they will be there until after close. Neither of them will have eaten very much. They will be so lost in each other that the manager will need to gently tell them it's closing time. They'll be embarassed that they hadn't noticed everyone else in the restaurant had left and they'll apologize and leave quickly. It's Thursday night in Scranton, so closing time was probably only 10 or 11 o'clock. Still early.

• Both of them will be secretly plotting a way for the date to not be over yet so they both take their time walking back to Jim's car. Jim takes his time driving to Pam's apartment. When he pulls in her drive, they sit in his car and continue talking.

• Next, they go somewhere else. Not sure if it's a 24-hour coffee shop across the street, Pam's apartment or a park bench under a streetlight, but they go SOMEwhere and continue talking for several more hours. (It's been a long time and they have a lot to talk about). When they eventually realize that they both have to be at work in a few hours, they decide they better part ways.

• Now they have to say goodbye. Jim will (of course) want to kiss Pam but feels like it's not really appropriate yet. Afterall, he just spent the night before with Karen, possible had sex with her but at the very least was kissing someone other than Pam in the last 24 hours. So Jim hesitates. While Jim hesitates, Pam puts her hands on the back of Jim's neck and pulls him close and kisses him. Jim obviously kisses back and puts his arms around Pam's waist and back. Several minutes go by. Still kissing. They eventually tear their lips apart and agree that they need to call it a night.

What I can't decide on...

• What happened in the Office after Pam's TH
  • If Jim and Pam left straight from the Office or went home to get ready first
  • If they went to a fancy or casual restaurant
  • Exactly where Jim's hands ventured during the several minutes of kissing. I have a lot more thinking to do about this one ;-)
May 21st 2007

Well, I need a cold shower now, so maybe imagining it and writing about it aren't as different as you say.

May 21st 2007

I just love the last line of sense "and only then can he hear her hestation, kinda like a throwback to Steve and Stanley listening to the message, or not. It just came off that way to me.

May 22nd 2007 edited

ST, I hope you don't mind, but I was feeling froggy so I took your first bullet point to see where it led. Here it is. Maybe it could be a group effort to continue it.

Whatever restaurant they end up going to, they will be there until after close. Neither of them will have eaten very much. They will be so lost in each other that the manager will need to gently tell them it's closing time. They'll be embarassed that they hadn't noticed everyone else in the restaurant had left and they'll apologize and leave quickly. It's Thursday night in Scranton, so closing time was probably only 10 or 11 o'clock. Still early.

May 22nd 2007

Yey! Did you write that, Brian? I want more! I really hope someone continues it.

May 22nd 2007

Brian, you know you've crossed a line in your office obsession, right? ;) Anyway, I liked it.

May 22nd 2007

I crossed that line a long time ago, unfortunately. But that was really just intended as a nudge to ST to give it a whirl. It was her idea, after all.

May 22nd 2007 edited

It's nice to see this thread get bumped up!

And while I'm here...

It's in the Bag

I know I'm not the only fan of Jim's messenger bag out there, and I thought it'd be fun to write one about it and tying it into the finale. Take a looksie if you're so inclined.

May 23rd 2007

That was great, Swaying is Dancing! Everything was so true to character. I wouldn't be surprised to see a deleted scene where we discover Karen really did buy Jim a new briefcase.

But that was really just intended as a nudge to ST to give it a whirl.

I was up around 3:30 last night with my baby and it occurred to me that I really want to try adding the next chapter to the story Brian. I wrote the whole thing in my mind and I even remember it this morning, miraculously. I'm just incredibly intimidated because I'm so not a writer. I'm with the crowd that would welcome taking a test over writing a paper. And so many of you are professional writers that it just seems ridiculous for me to attempt it. But I do have a vivid imagination. So, pride be damned, I'm gonna try it. It's just going to take awhile because I have to write it out with pen and paper while I'm playing with cars and playing in the sandbox. And did I mention I'm not a writer? (And if you think "she's just downplaying her ability in an attempt to make her writing seem better than expected", to that I say "absolutely I am".)

May 23rd 2007

Brian that was really great. You should keep going. I know you could go longer if you wanted to. You definitely have another round in you, I'm sure.

May 23rd 2007

Brian that was really great. You should keep going. I know you could go longer if you wanted to. You definitely have another round in you, I'm sure.

It's been awhile since I've done it and I could sure use a fix so... That's what she said.

Oh, and Brian, if you've already started and/or completed the next chapter, I'd be relieved. I just want the story written more than I want me to be the one who writes it :-)

May 23rd 2007

I've done my part. It's up to you to keep it alive or let it die. Actually, re-reading it in the light of day, maybe you could just make it more interesting. I understand how it can be intimidating, but you've done the hard part if you've already imagined how it will go. The rest is just grammar and tweaking.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 71
  12. >