Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Office Fanfiction Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 71
  12. >
121 to 150 of 2106
May 26th 2007

Great work with chapter 6, Post It Theif. Very enjoyable read.

May 27th 2007 edited

Okay, CH 7 has been submitted. Please don't make fun of me. I was a virgin smut writer up until now. It's never very good the first time, right?

May 27th 2007 edited

Chapter 7 is up, and hot damn if it ain't a doozie. Excuse me, I have to go take a cold shower now.

ST, you are no longer

a virgin smut writer

any longer. Trust me.

Actually, it's quite tasteful.

Guess I'm next. You didn't exactly let me off the hook, either, now that I think about it.

May 27th 2007

Guess I'm next. You didn't exactly let me off the hook, either, now that I think about it.

You're lucky, actually. After you said that you're doing CH 8 but wanted the hibbity dibbity done already, I decided I'd have Jim and Pam in the midst of doing it and then just stop abruptly and make you have to continue. But then I decided that would be a little mean spirited. And you'd probably just have the phone ring anyway :-)

May 27th 2007

Single Tear, chapter 7 was thoroughly enjoyable! Excellent work. Fanfic smut virgin my ass. lol.

May 27th 2007

Thanks, Daoust. Relieved that you liked it.

Hey, Brian, I just noticed that the rating for the story is still K+, which means it is suitable for ages 9 and up. I'm pretty sure if I had a nine year old, I wouldn't want he or she to read what I just wrote. Should that be changed? I don't want you to get kicked off the site because of me. (And thanks for calling it "tasteful", by the way)

May 27th 2007

Good call. I bumped it up to M. Hope you don't think "tasteful" was a backhanded compliment, because I think you handled it nicely without watering it down at all. Of course, you left the hibbity dibbity to me so...

May 27th 2007 edited

No misunderstanding. Thanks for the compliment.

Although it's true that I don't want to be the one who writes that inevitable chapter, that's not why I left it out. I just didn't think that the time had come (no pun intended) for them to make JAMwiches in that particular place at that particular time. I didn't think it would be true to the characters. (Plus, I was hoping that their first time would be a little more romantic. Not that paper supplies aren't sexy, but you know what I mean)

Looking forward to the next installment!

May 27th 2007

Please let someone have gotten the hibbity dibbity done by then.

No, no! Make them wait, it'll be so much better!

You know what they say, when characters finally do the hibbity dibbity, all the tension is lost and people stop watching. ;)

Nice work, folks! ST, when that certain something came "unhooked," I actually felt a streak of jealousy run through me. Beautiful imagery.

May 27th 2007

If noboby else wants to take a crack, I'll go for Ch. 9. Smut or no smut.

May 27th 2007

Nine's all yours Jake. Hope you don't mind waiting for me to write mine after the Memorial Day festivities, which include food shopping and installing window shades.

The current lineup is...

1. Single Tear - done
  2. Brian - (on the way)
  3. Jake -
  4. Shall we keep this going indefinitely? It's a long summer.

"Making JAMwiches" is a great euphemism, ST. And you're right, we wouldn't want them to do that in a supply closet, not on the first try anyway.

May 27th 2007

Shall we keep this going indefinitely? It's a long summer.

Until they have little baby jars of JAM.

Part of the fun of this is dealing with the curve balls that each new chapter throws at us. I have something mapped out for my turn but I have no idea where Brian will lead me. Pretty challenging. And a lot of fun.

May 27th 2007

Hey, uh,

Can y'all post a link every time a new chapter is posted? Or am I too dumb to realize how to find the Group Effort? I'm dying to read it...but I've only seen Brian's recent link to Chapter 7...Is there a link to the whole story thus far? Please?

May 27th 2007

Hey whatevs, follow Brian's link and look near the upper right hand corner. There is a drop down menu with the 7 chapters listed there. Hope that helps!

May 28th 2007

I loved Jim saying "Oh, wow." That cracked me up.

I'll take another chapter in the future. Chapter 10 or whatever? :)

May 28th 2007

Ch. 10's all yours Pan. Ch. 8 is still a work in progress.

May 28th 2007

Woot! :)

May 28th 2007 edited

Thanks for the compliments a while back, everyone! I had fun writing it. I'll do another chapter, but I'm not following Pan again. ;) Seriously, I'm a 19-year-old Mormon girl. John Mellencamp has better odds of winning the Oscar than I do of writing the dirty stuff. That being said, dawesome job with chapter 7, ST.

May 28th 2007 edited

Chapter 8 is up. I dodged the hibbity dibbity and threw in a conference room scene instead. Hope you mapped out something adult Jake. Or you could leave it to Pan in chapter 10.

never mind

May 28th 2007 edited

Brian, do I detect a "Seinfeld" reference in the butler idea?

eta: Nice job on Chapter 8! JAM fanfic is like crack to me, and you guys have got the good stuff. Keep it up.

eta: I am not a drug addict.

May 28th 2007

More like an homage ;)

May 28th 2007

Nice, Brian. I like the callbacks and you've got Micheal down. I could see that conference room scene vividly.

Ok, I guess I'm up. I'll start later tonight(yes, I'm a nightowl.)

Dwight as Jim's butler. Hmmm...

May 28th 2007

Hey thanks. I had fun writing that.

One note. I had formatting "issues". There are two paragraphs that are supposed to be e-mails from Pam to Jim. The first one begins "Hey :-)" and the second one starts ""What the hell is that all about?" It was more obvious they were e-mails when they were italicized and indented, but that got lost in the upload. Now they read like quotes with no ," she said attached.

May 28th 2007 edited

Great job guys! I am really enjoying reading your fanfic!

yes, I'm a nightowl

...and you have worms

May 28th 2007

italicized...got lost in the upload

I noticed that in the chapter I wrote. I had a couple of words italicized to add emphasis but they didn't come through.

May 28th 2007

I am currently working on something which carries the working title "Embarassing Jim & Pam fic". If I ever finish it, I'll probably find a way of showing it to you all. As my friend Cooley used to say, "Get excited. Get real fired up!"

May 28th 2007

Wow!! Great chapters, you guys! I am so addicted to NA, I think this compulsion is worse even than my addiction to The Office.

And, Jake, looking forward to chapter 9...

May 29th 2007

Great work on chapter 8, Brian. I especially liked this line.

"Interoffice relationships are a cancer in the workplace, destroying morale, hurting productivity, stealing all the covers and drinking all your booze," Michael began

Well written. Very in-character, if I may say so.

May 29th 2007

We have to keep this up all summer. Waking up to see that there's a new chapter to read is a great summer replacement for new episode Thursdays.

That was very entertaining, Brian. My favorite lines...

nearly every face in the room but Angela's, which kind of looked that way anyway

Interoffice relationships are a cancer in the workplace, destroying morale, hurting productivity, stealing all the covers and drinking all your booze

That's not a mediator, that's my girlfriend," Toby said. "And how'd you know we go to Chuck E. Cheese?

Looking very forward to Jake's CH 9 and DftF's "Embarassing Jim & Pam fic".

Brian said...

Hope you mapped out something adult Jake. Or you could leave it to Pan in chapter 10.

And Mixed Berries said...

Should I admit here that I've actually written some erotic fiction that has been published somewhere on the World Wide Web?
the next chance I get to sit and write will be at least 4 or 5 days away.

If Jake and Pan want to avoid the hibbity dibbity, according to my calculations, Mixed Berries would be available to finish them off tomorrow or Thursday. (Sorry, MB. Not letting you off the hook.)

May 29th 2007

We have to keep this up all summer. Waking up to see that there's a new chapter to read is a great summer replacement for new episode Thursdays.

That is an awesome idea. I think it should be a goal for everyone here to contribute at least once.

We could start new stories (since this is turning out to be the longest first date ever) and have weekly themes (comedy, angst, hibbity jamdibbity, minor character profiles, etc.).

I was thinking of moving the whole thing to mtt.just-once.net, which seems to be the real home base for office fanfic.

Why am I so pumped up about this?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 71