Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
The Office Fanfiction Thread
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 71
  13. >
151 to 180 of 2106
May 29th 2007

We could start new stories (since this is turning out to be the longest first date ever) and have weekly themes (comedy, angst, hibbity jamdibbity, minor character profiles, etc.).

That's a fantastic idea!

Why am I so pumped up about this?

Didn't you hear what I just said?

Mixed Berries would be available to finish them off tomorrow or Thursday. (Sorry, MB. Not letting you off the hook.)

Finish them off? Was that intentional? Might be time for a TWSS.

Seriously though ST, I may be caving to your pressure. But I really won't have time for a while. I have 4 gigs this weekend (Which is a bit of a pretzel for me, but does take up all my time), but I am now working a late shift at work, which believe it or not, actually gives me more time in front of my computer... So, next week. Maybe. But don't wait for me! There's no reason I can't write their 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 59th encounter!

May 29th 2007

But don't wait for me? Was that intentional? Might be time for a TWSS.

May 29th 2007

Ah, Touche.

May 29th 2007

I was thinking of moving the whole thing to mtt.just-once.net, which seems to be the real home base for office fanfic.

Yes, please. Fanfiction.net isn't nearly as cool as mtt.

May 29th 2007

Fanfiction.net isn't nearly as cool as mtt.

Agreed. I'm also already a member there. Do it up!

May 29th 2007

I don't know how long it'll take, but I'll check out what's involved with switching over.

May 29th 2007 edited

Question. I've read a couple of the fanfics and more than one of them have Jim's middle name as Matt or Matthew. Has this been established on the show or is it just a coincidence that different fanfics have this? I was just curious because I can't think of a time when I've heard them say his middle name on the show.

Gracias!

May 29th 2007

OK, that wasn't so hard after all. I had to come up with a title - First Date, First Days. I'm definitely open to suggestions if someone's got a better one. I also added chapter titles, and those aren't set in stone either.

I'm kind of new there, so I hope I haven't violated any rules by doing this. If anyone's more familiar with the way they do things there and doesn't mind having a look, it'd be appreciated.

Here it is.

I believe due next are Ch. 9 by Jake and Ch. 10 by Pan.

May 29th 2007

Is it any easier to edit at MTT? Those formatting gliches have affected my chapters too.

For instance, instead of Jim saying "I think we should..." it came through as Jim saying "I think we should." Those 2 missing dots make a big difference.

May 29th 2007

ST, check your e-mail.

If any contributors want to edit their chapters, e-mail me and I'll give you the ID and password.

May 29th 2007 edited

Someone with a TWOP account should go on the Office Fanfiction thread there and link that story. Because it's good and deserves to be read by more people. That's how I discovered fan fiction and stories such as Squirrel McPants.

May 29th 2007

I've been busy (work to do, barbecues to fire up, contest planning committee meetings to attend) so I've deliberately avoided this thread till today, but have just completed Chapters 1 - 8 and holey moley, what great stuff. Very in-character and funny and hot.

I don't have the skills for fanfic.

Wrong, ST. Dead wrong. In fact I think you could write a book on the subject.

I agree that this should be continued all summer. Please, for the love of all things held dear. These chapters are that good. Dundie to Brian for starting it and for amusing us with lines like this:

"This will be a quickie. That's what she said...And then she moved in and ruined my life."

God bless you all.

May 29th 2007

I think Jim's middle name is what is known as "fanon" -- somehow, mysteriously, internet groupthink managed to establish it as a generally-accepted fact without any input from the muckamucks actually involved with the show. The same thing happened with Ron Weasley's eye-color -- never mentioned in the Harry Potter books, but almost always given as the same in fanfic.

May 29th 2007

Wrong, ST. Dead wrong. In fact I think you could write a book on the subject.

Wow, gt. That's very nice of you to say. But I assume the real writers (like our NaNoWriMo contributers) are sitting back, laughing, shaking their heads and saying, "What does ST think she's doing?" And I'm perfectly okay with that. It's all just for fun. But thanks again for the compliment :-) Will you be volunteering for a chapter anytime soon?

May 29th 2007 edited

Will you be volunteering for a chapter anytime soon?

Even if a chapter didn't take much longer than a haiku I'd be intimidated following you all. But it does, and I am, so for now I'll just enjoy reading.

And though I've thought a lot about how the scene might play out away from cameras (c'mon, who hasn't?) writing and posting it will take guts for the author; not because of the nature of the content but to do the scene justice. In advance I applaud the writer with the kajones.

May 29th 2007 edited

I definitely agree. The "do the scene justice" part. For me, I'd want it to be sweet and romantic but of course not lacking any of the, um, pertinent details of what exactly is going on. Did I say exactly? Yeah, I meant to say exactly. You know, as long as it doesn't describe them getting into bed under the covers and then start describing the way the breeze is gently stirring the curtains and the moonlight is shining into the room and then cut to the next morning. I'm such a perv lately. Everything I post lately has been at best borderline pervish. I better post something intelligent and articulate soon before people get the wrong impression of me.

eta: Good luck to whoever writes that chapter. I didn't mean to put any pressure on anyone. Like gt said, you've got big cajones. (I like to spell my cajones with a "c". But that's just me.)

May 29th 2007 edited

ST: how funny it is that you're here right now, because I just gave that Chapter 7 another read (just to get my facts straight, you understand. Did I mention I have it practically memorized by now? No matter...) and I came back to say that I feel you've brought us 75% through the scene already and a fine job it was. So in addition to ferd's Dundie I'm awarding you the first big kajones award.

as long as it doesn't describe them getting into bed under the covers and then start describing the way the breeze is gently stirring the curtains and the moonlight is shining into the room and then cut to the next morning.

Amen to that. There is a line to tread though and it's a tricky one.

May 29th 2007

I'm awarding you the first big kajones award.

So, that's technically two awards, right? I'll hang them from the case above my bed with pride.

May 29th 2007

If they're that big and you only hang them from a nail in a piece of hollow drywall and they fall down and hit you in the head while you're sleeping...well, that's gonna sting. Hang your kajones responsibly.

May 29th 2007

This may be a bit of a spoiler but I'll tell you that my Chapter 9 prolongs the agony. It's not a lack of cajones thing, if I can say so myself, it's more the fact that I just don't want them to do it yet. I have perv tendencies as much as the next...perv...but I like the idea of building up the suspense. Sure, that's been going on a long time for Jim and Pam but I still want them to earn it.

Guess I'm more of a foreplay guy...

May 29th 2007

Guess I'm more of a foreplay guy...

Hey, nothing at all wrong with that.

Hang your kajones responsibly.

Funny, LT. And what about you? I'd love to read a teapot chapter.

May 29th 2007 edited

Perhaps Teapot needs to put her own cojones where her mouth is! Oops! That came out wrong. Oops! So did that. What I mean to say is that we all know Teapot wants them to get it on, like, yesterday, so maybe she can be the one to get the job done (oops, there I go again. And again). Whattaya say, Teapot?

Okay, putting my perviness aside, it really would be cool for you to write a chapter. Whether it's "THE" chapter, or not.

eta: And thanks for the advice. You're always the voice of reason

May 29th 2007

ok... I'm going with cojones from now on. I think it's the preferred. After all, if we can't spell euphemisms for genitalia correctly, where are we as a society?

And someone get ST into a cold shower. Ok, ok... hands down, men, only one volunteer needed.

May 29th 2007

Chapter 9 is up, and Jake did in fact pass the Schrutebuck. I don't see any way in the world how Pan can dodge the deed."

And someone get ST into a cold shower. Ok, ok... hands down, men, only one volunteer needed.

As old Kev would say, niiiice!

May 29th 2007

Jake, I like the way you think about dates. I also like that things aren't always perfect in JAMland, at least, not until your ending. I can't wait to see how Michael's ban on office relationships comes into play.

May 29th 2007

Hey great job guys! I'm really enjoying this so far. Maybe I'll have to take up the call and write a chapter. Not that I'm volunteering to write any of the steamy stuff. Though I really, really enjoy reading it.

May 30th 2007

Jake, crimeny! You're killing me.

And so, folks....Will they or won't they??? Whose chapter will it be in?

Only time will tell, my friends.

May 30th 2007

Can't wait to find out!!

May 30th 2007

Man oh man oh man. Fanfic is hard.

May 30th 2007

Sheesh, after what Jake put that man through, Jim's definitely deservin' some lovin' right about now. Good luck with that, Pan. Although I wouldn't be surprised if both of their cell phones ring, a spring pokes through the mattress, Jim gets a cramp in his foot, there's a gas leak in the apartment and the roof collapses on them because I don't want to write that chapter either.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. ...
  12. 71