Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Friends With Privileges: Your Favorite Michael-isms
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 89 of 89
Apr 24th 2007 edited

Isn't the deceive them to honor them a Dwightism? Granted, he was doing it to honor Michael's women...

Dwight was the one who said it, but he was quoting Michael.

Edit: Mifflin's Ghost strikes again.

Apr 24th 2007

Anybody know the correct mangling of documentarian Michael S. used to describe Michael M.?

Documenter...an. And I loved that he was explaining all that to someone who was working for a documentary.

Thaaat's it. Thanks, Nathan

Apr 24th 2007

No prob. Hey, happy birthday.

Apr 24th 2007

Thanks yet again, Nathan.

Apr 24th 2007

"The hand strikes and gives a flower" is from S1, but I don't remember which ep. I think it was...Basketball?

Yeppers

May 5th 2007

"Just so you know, it's not me, it's you."

May 5th 2007

"Just so you know, it's not me, it's you."

I totally missed that the first time. The second and third times, too, actually. Great line. That and, "or maybe Italian?"

May 6th 2007

R.E.S.P.SPEE.T

May 23rd 2007

"i didn't get both of your messages"

May 23rd 2007

i thought of more right after i pressed "add your comment"

"webster's defines "wedding" as the fusing of two hot metals with a torch"

and the whole talking head from beach day about "what happens to a company if you takes it's boss away. i will answer your quesiton with a question. what happens to a chicken when you cut it's head off. it dies. unless it gets a new head. i need to find out which one of these people can be a chickenhead"

his train of thought amuses me so

May 23rd 2007

his train of thought amuses me so

Next stop: Cook...camonga!

May 23rd 2007

Not exactly my favorite, but a badly botched Michael saying...

"Fool me one, Strike one. Fool me twice... Strike three."

May 23rd 2007 edited

My recent favorite comes from "Beach Games":

Michael: Today, we are not just spending a day at the beach.

Stanley: Oh sweet mother of god.

Michael: If you don’t like it, Stanley, you can go to the back of the bus.

Stanley: Excuse me?

Michael: Or the front of the bus. Or drive the bus.

May 25th 2007 edited

Not exactly my favorite, but a badly botched Michael saying...

"Fool me one, Strike one. Fool me twice... Strike three."

Isn't there a similar famous Bush-ism?
"Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... [pause] you can't fool me again."
Something like that, anyway.

May 25th 2007

Probably. I haven't listened to a word he's said in maybe five years. It's also possible that it's a Dan Quayle-ism that's been attributed to Bush, because that happens a lot.

May 25th 2007
May 25th 2007

My favorite one ever:

"Old friends! New lovers! And the disabled!"

May 25th 2007

My favorite Michael-doesn't-realize-how-offensive-he's-being: "Let's gang-bang this thing and go home."

So, so, so, sooooooo wrong.

May 25th 2007

Performance Review: Not like wam bam, thank you maam." But I do say thank you maam. Not like wam bam. Not that there's anything wrong with wam bam. If it's consensual.

May 27th 2007

"Let's gang-bang this thing and go home."

The funny thing is, when sitcom writers talk about group-writing a script, they call it a "gang-bang". I'm sure this leads to all kind of hilarity.

May 31st 2007

"Here is to Mr. Iacocca, and his failed experiment, the Delorium."

May 31st 2007

"Jim Halpert. Pros: smart, cool, good-looking. Remind you of anybody you know? Cons: not a hard worker. I can spend all day on a project, and he will finish the same project in a half an hour. So that should tell you something."

Jun 20th 2007

One of my favorites:

"There are four kinds of business: Tourism. Food service. Railroads, and sales. And hospitals slash manufacturing. And air travel."

Jun 20th 2007

as delivered by our beloved Dwight K. Schrute: Michael said "We must deceive them, as not to hurt them"

Jun 20th 2007

Not exactly my favorite, but a badly botched Michael saying... "Fool me one, Strike one. Fool me twice... Strike three."

Isn't there a similar famous Bush-ism? "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice... [pause] you can't fool me again." Something like that, anyway.

I about peed my pants on this one because they were specifically making fun of Bush. If you didn't click on Mixed Berries link above, you should check it out. It's very Michael Scott.

Jun 20th 2007

as delivered by our beloved Dwight K. Schrute: Michael said "We must deceive them, as not to hurt them"

"...and in that way we honor them."

Jun 23rd 2007 edited
  • "Pam, that was amazing. But I'm still looking for someone with a sales background."
  • "I hate so much about the things you choose to be." (That one's my favorite, definitely.)
  • "Cage matches? Yeah, they work. How could they not work? If they didn't work, everybody would still be in the cage."
  • "I had a very different understanding as to what prima nocta meant."
Jan 8th 2011

Is it sad that I know he's doing the bros before hoes speech in that scene just from that picture? Actually, that scene/speech seems very apropos to that picture. (Did I use that word right? Probably not.)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. >
61 to 89 of 89
Top of PageBack to discussions