Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
We could work here for years: Occupations
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 122
  12. >
1 to 30 of 3631
Jun 30th 2006

Just curious what people here do 9 to 5. Besides this, I mean. For money.

Jun 30th 2006

Paralegal in a huge law firm. We are very politically correct here. How about you, garbagethrower?

Jun 30th 2006

Graphic designer. At my computer all day. Very diligent and not prone to distractions.

Jun 30th 2006

LOL.

Jun 30th 2006

Grocery store, dairy/frozen food stock crew. Right now, it's just a job, but if I advance any higher, it would become my career.

And if this were my career, I'd have to throw myself under a train ;-p

Jun 30th 2006

Right now I'm a mom to a 2-year-old and a 3-year-old. Before my daughter was born, I used to be a middle school English teacher. So...very similar jobs, except now the kids who drive me crazy are my own, and I can't call their parents to complain.

Jun 30th 2006

Stay at home mom of a 2 year old. Some of my duties include: Gymboree and Play Date Chauffeur, Lego Castle Designer, Dramatic Storytelling, and some other stuff that you never want to know about. Oh yeah, I get payed with kisses and hugs. :) Before that, I was a Marketing Rep. for a Diagnostic Center (MRI's, CT scans, ultrasounds, etc). So, you know I loved seeing The Injury again.

TwoHole Punch Jim- I did the grocery store thing in college. Was this close to making it a career. I feel your pain! Plus, you made me laugh! I often thought a grocery store would make a great setting for a sitcom. Stay away from trains.

Jun 30th 2006

Technical writer. Good thing about it is that I'm at a desk 8 hours a day and have plenty of time to spend at sites like this. That's also the bad thing about it.

Jun 30th 2006

I am a chemist in a quality assurance/quality control lab. So I don't really get to be on a computer much at work except for when I'm typing in results and what-not into Excel. But I get on the internet as soon as I get home from work!

Denise

Jun 30th 2006

17 yr old student.

Jun 30th 2006

College student and part time research assistant/babysitter

Jun 30th 2006

part time research assistant/babysitter

Are you researching the kids you're babysitting? That would be cool...

Jun 30th 2006

TwoHole Punch Jim- I did the grocery store thing in college. Was this close to making it a career. I feel your pain! Plus, you made me laugh! I often thought a grocery store would make a great setting for a sitcom. Stay away from trains.

Thanks for the advice, PG. I can say with 99% accuracy that no trains run through my hometown as I type this, so the most I'd end up doing is getting a sore back from lying on the tracks for a few hours ;-p

There's a lot that goes on in a grocery store that would make for a good edgy "indie" movie or HBO show (doubt a lot of the things I've seen would make it past the censors in the post-Nipplegate era we live in). I just don't want to make a career of it.

Jun 30th 2006

I prepare and sell addictive stimulants to anyone willing to pay the hefty price. You know... A Starbucks Barista.

Jun 30th 2006 edited

Are you researching the kids you're babysitting? That would be cool...

Heh, no, but that would be interesting. I do babysitting on the side to pick up extra money, as research assistant pretty much pays diddly. I might have to get another job too, sadly.

Jul 1st 2006

I prepare and sell addictive stimulants to anyone willing to pay the hefty price. You know... A Starbucks Barista.

Ha! That's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. I don't go to Starbucks too often, but I admit I love the Banana Coconut Frappachino thing they have out now. Talk about addicting.

Jul 1st 2006

I do babysitting on the side to pick up extra money, as research assistant pretty much pays diddly.

That's too bad. I'm always looking for new insight regarding why kids do things like eat lightbulbs (yup, he really did) or flush books down the toilet (also a true tale). I think there's probably good money to be made in the field of Child Behavior Analyst. Maybe you're missing out on a money-making opportunity by not combining the skills needed for your two jobs. Something to think about...

Jul 1st 2006

Unflinchingly Rigid:

Starbucks Barista = Pharmacist/best friend, especially on a Monday morning.
God bless you.

Jul 1st 2006

yawn lawyer. lol. hey, it halfway pays the bills :)

Jul 1st 2006

Editor (for print, sadly, not film or TV). Lots of production scheduling and some hands-on word work. It's actually a fun job, so I'm lucky. I work with excellent people, and they understand my addition to The Office. :-)

Jul 1st 2006

Software developer, so I'm at a PC all day. And when I'm bored, I come here. :-)

Jul 1st 2006

And when I'm bored, I come here.

...and haiku the pants off everybody. So to speak.

Jul 1st 2006

Occupation: US Ambassador. Okay, kidding. Student attending Marshall High, soon to be Junior.

Jul 2nd 2006

I work in a grocery store as a deli clerk, slicing meats and cheeses. Definitely just a job, because I'm leaving the state for college. So if anyone needs a pound of Provolone cheese sliced thin, I'm your guy. At least until August.

Jul 2nd 2006

And when I'm bored, I come here.

...and haiku the pants off everybody. So to speak.

We're bored A LOT. (Quoting Kevin from the Office Olympics)

Jul 2nd 2006

i'm a waitress at a local italian restaurant to pay my way through law school.

and everyday when i leave my computer to go to work, i put up the Jim Halpert quote: right now this is a job...train quote becuase that is exactly how i feel about my job. its not what i'm going to do for the rest of my life, just for right now

Jul 2nd 2006

I write musicals.

Jul 2nd 2006

J1-

You should write a musical Office! Then, of course, you must share with us!

Jul 2nd 2006

I teach Pre-Kindergarten.
And work in the school office part-time as well.
And since it's summer, school's out. So right now, I am helping run a summer camp for 3-6 year olds. Sprinklers are fun!

Jul 2nd 2006

I write musicals.

J1 I'm a huge fan of musical theatre... Have you written anything we might know?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 122
  12. >