Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
We could work here for years: Occupations
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 112
  5. 113
  6. 114
  7. 115
  8. 116
  9. 117
  10. 118
  11. 119
  12. ...
  13. 122
  14. >
3451 to 3480 of 3631
Aug 6th 2013

Good news for you, Bri.

Aug 6th 2013

Do you have a red stapler? Have they moved you to the basement? Did you snag a piece of cake at the last birthday party?

Aug 6th 2013

My business card says something about basement pest fumigation. I'm supposed to go ahead and come in on Sunday to learn more about it.

Aug 6th 2013

I think the whole company's going to be fired and eventually the owner will rename it to The Bri Times.

And he'll leave, too.

Aug 6th 2013

Not without canning my lazy ass first.

Seriously, we're down from over 1,000 I think when I started to just over 200 today. It's starting to feel like Highlander.

Aug 7th 2013

I'm glad you're still one of the 200, Bri. And I'm kicking myself for not checking NA last night, because I had all sorts of Office Space jokes to tell but DC beat me to them.

Aug 7th 2013

I'm glad you're still one of the 200, Bri

Too bad it wasn't 300.

I've been there before...at a company shedding jobs. I even got laid off once.

Now we're on the opposite end. The competing contact lens company in our city was just bought, announced they were moving headquarters to New Jersey, and laid off 500 people. We're doing pretty good, on the other hand. Because we don't sell something that was relevant in 1990, like Bri's company does.

But I'm glad that Bri is considered important in his irrelevant business.

Aug 7th 2013

Supportive!

Aug 7th 2013

Well he's more relevant than the work you do at the hitching post factory.

Aug 7th 2013

Actually I fear the day when laser surgery is so cheap that no one wears contacts anymore.

Aug 7th 2013

Well he's more relevant than the work you do at the hitching post factory.

Hey, don't bet against the return of horse drawn carriages. This automobile thing is just a passing fad.

Aug 7th 2013

It's like you're reading from my annual review

Aug 7th 2013

I think the whole company's going to be fired and eventually the owner will rename it to The Bri Times.

Jeff Bezos will be buying you out soon.

Aug 7th 2013

Bri should be so lucky.

Aug 16th 2013

There's this quote/bid/proposal/thing we put together a couple of weeks ago, that they needed more info on and I had to revise some today. And I don't really care if we get it or not, it'd be sweet to do, and profitable, but also a lot of work, like all big jobs, you know?

At least I didn't care much till I talked to a new vendor that we'd have to use for part of it. I emailed him a few questions and he replied, then I asked another couple and he explained that and said, "Is that clearer?" And I replied that it was and thanked him for all of his help. Then, he replied, "Groovy."

So, now, I hope really we get this job, just so I can work with this vendor more. (I'm still ambivalent about actually doing the job.)

Aug 16th 2013

Who does he think he is? Greg Brady?

Aug 16th 2013

He's a happenin' guy.

Aug 16th 2013

Maybe he's hot.

Aug 16th 2013

He was hot in the 1970's.

Aug 16th 2013

Oh, great. You sent the email, didn't you, Jinx?

Aug 16th 2013

The "Is that clearer?" part sounded snarky, at least in your telling of it. Were people snarky when they were groovy?

Aug 16th 2013

It was in a nicer tone, maybe even worded differently, like, "Does that make sense?" He was nice.

Aug 16th 2013

And groovy.

Aug 16th 2013

Groovy trumps hot, every time.

Aug 16th 2013

So is the combination Snoovy or Grarky?

Sep 5th 2013

I just found out today that one of the new girls at work is named Brooke. Combine her with girls named Brittany, Megan, Maggie, and Taylor, and you have some of the highlights from my romantic life represented (though by different girls who answer to the same name). All I need now for the circle to be complete are girls named Bonnie, Becky, and Sara.

Sep 5th 2013

And Bambi.

Sep 6th 2013

Don't forget Tom.

Sep 6th 2013

Don't forget Tom.

Ah yes, from my weekend-only embrace of bisexuality (because really, the weekends are made for swinging both ways) ;-)

Oct 24th 2013

This isn't about real work, but side work. Close enough to "on-topic," right? Like it matters.

Well, my brother has this side business, mostly computer tutoring and minor repairs, and I help him with scheduling and telling his customers his rates and that kind of crap. And I arrange talks and classes he gives at the Library and meetings with the librarians. Basic scheduling. I'm also trying to convince him to order some checks. Baby steps, right? Anyway.

The librarian was getting requests about doing a presentation on ancestry.com, and a couple of people asked me if I'd do it, and the librarian emailed me asking if I would. I told Brother I'd do it, but wanted to get paid. (In the past, they've worked me into doing it as a volunteer, and he's always gotten paid for his talks on stuff.) So he said he'd set it up. ("See, Toos, you don't do the lunch series. That program's all volunteer. You gotta do a night presentation to get paid. Here, I'll talk to her...")

So, the librarian always says that Brother's hard to get a hold of, and other folks who are friends with her says that same thing to me and to him, I guess because I schedule his stuff. She's been copying me on replies to all of Brother's emails to her... I wonder if she's going to start saying the same about me?

I hope so, right? :-)

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 112
  5. 113
  6. 114
  7. 115
  8. 116
  9. 117
  10. 118
  11. 119