Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
We could work here for years: Occupations
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 113
  5. 114
  6. 115
  7. 116
  8. 117
  9. 118
  10. 119
  11. 120
  12. ...
  13. 122
  14. >
3481 to 3510 of 3631
Oct 24th 2013

I'm a tad confused. What are you hoping for, exactly? That the librarian starts saying you're hard to get a hold of?

Oct 24th 2013

Yeah, I don't know. I was rambling. I've got a headache and I posted that before I took medicine. I get kind of stupid when I get headaches.

But, yeah. I mean, that's a dumb thing to hope for. I just think a) it's funny that Brother & I don't care about laying down the law with other folks on the other's behalf, but feel weird doing it for ourselves, and b) uh, I don't remember B.

Oct 24th 2013

You're funny when you don't make any sense.

Oct 25th 2013

At work. 3:45pm.

For the first time since I started here at the law office (almost 3 years), I literally have nothing to do.

Not just oh, y'know, nothing urgent or pressing... just, nothing.

Here's the kicker: My boss knows this and I offered to leave early and save her some money (I'm hourly). She didn't want to cut into my paycheck so she came up with something that is dependent on a co-worker's response, so I'm sitting here getting paid to write you fine people and wait for one email.

I love my boss.

Oct 25th 2013

You're funny when you don't make any sense.

Hence America's long love affair with Mumbles the Clown

Oct 25th 2013

A good boss is worth her weight in gold. Glad you have a great one, whatevs.

Oct 25th 2013

For the first time since I started here at the law office (almost 3 years)

How come I didn't know this? I thought you were a dance instructor and then worked at a hotel?

Oct 28th 2013

I must be losing the edge this place gave me. Someone recommended I check out a new social media site to see if it might be useful to us. It's geared toward young girls, mainly, and it's hook is that it's exclusively positive about the content shared, so no snark or anything like that. You basically "heart" things that you like by clicking a heart icon. I checked it out and concluded pretty quickly it wouldn't be much use so use.

But what's sad is that I missed the awesomeness of the name until someone else pointed it out. It's called We Heart It. But the url, if read just the right way, is WeHearTit.com.

I never would have missed that two years ago.

Oct 28th 2013

I must be losing the edge this place gave me.

I don't think so, you're slamming a dead guy the next thread over. :-)

Oct 28th 2013

I must be losing the edge this place gave me

That's cuz you're not from the streets, and learn stuff on the ghetto, like we do.

Oct 28th 2013

It's geared toward young girls, mainly, and it's hook is that it's exclusively positive about the content shared, so no snark or anything like that. You basically "heart" things that you like by clicking a heart icon.

While you might be losing your edge (welcome to my world), why would anyone think this would be useful for you? I heart Superstorm Sandy?

Oct 28th 2013

This question crossed my mind.

But let's not overlook the most important point: there is a website named We Hear Tit. I feel like we should mark the occasion or something.

Oct 28th 2013

I bet it sounds like a motorboat.

Oct 30th 2013

I thought you were a dance instructor and then worked at a hotel?

Yes and yes, but then I landed a gig as a paralegal in February of 2011, and I currently teach 8 yoga/fitness classes per week. Haven't danced or taught dance professionally since 2008.

Oct 30th 2013

I landed a gig as a paralegal

I'm so sorry...are you in a wheelchair?

I currently teach 8 yoga/fitness classes per week. Haven't danced or taught dance professionally since 2008.

I think I knew about the yoga. We don't talk any more, whatevs!

Oct 30th 2013

She is so brave.

Oct 30th 2013 edited

Remember Tom Cruise's character from Born on the Fourth of July? I thought whatevs would be more like that guy. Instead, I'm always thinking of that naked photo she posted, every time she rolls in here.

Nov 5th 2013

Ha ha! You so funny...word.

I'm always thinking of that naked photo she posted.

Perv.

Nov 15th 2013

I like that I can post something on Facebook as my paper, and MISS is among the first to "like" it.

Nov 15th 2013

I really did like it. It wasn't gratuitous. Of course, I've already forgotten what it was. But I do remember that I liked it. And "liked" it.

Nov 15th 2013

Oh yeah, Echo!! That's an awesome ending. Teared me right up.

Nov 15th 2013

Helped me out workwise, too. I suggested we kidnap a dog a week just for the social engagement. That it was an autism dog was just gravy. I got nearly 1,000 shares off three posts. Missing people don't get shared like that.

Nov 15th 2013

Wait. WHAT?

Nov 15th 2013

What WHAT? Dogs > kids > people who aren't kids

Nov 26th 2013

At a meeting going on three feet from me, the early Thanksgiving edition is being discussed. It's called the bulldog edition for some reason. If someone says the word bulldog one more time I'm going to lose my shit.

Nov 26th 2013

You don't like the bulldog edition?

Nov 26th 2013

Say, what is the mascot of the Georgia football team again? You know, the University of Georgia...slipped my mind, but it's something canine-related ;-)

Dec 3rd 2013

A buddy of mine at work who's been having financial hard times kept getting calls from his former place of employment, enquiring about where to send the 401K he had while he worked there for a couple of months. He finally gave them his address, and they send him a check for over six hundred dollars.

While cleaning at work today, I stumbled across first a quarter and then a penny. So I am twenty-six cents richer leaving work than I was when I came in.

Now, who had the better day? ;-)

Jan 14th 2014

There's a marketing campaign going on here to tout changes to the paper. It goes by the name "more." There are signs for it everywhere. And someone has a great sense of humor.

Jan 14th 2014

Nothing? Geez, Billy Idol gets it. Why don't you guys?

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 113
  5. 114
  6. 115
  7. 116
  8. 117
  9. 118
  10. 119
  11. 120
  12. ...