Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
We could work here for years: Occupations
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 115
  5. 116
  6. 117
  7. 118
  8. 119
  9. 120
  10. 121
  11. 122
  12. >
3541 to 3570 of 3631
Mar 27th 2014

Bri, I've been reading the story of Garnett Spears. I know there's the whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing, but reading today's installment, I found myself getting so fucking angry. My feelings of disgust towards the mother have grown stronger every day, but today sealed it for me. That bitch is guilty. In my opinion, of course.

Mar 27th 2014

I've read parts of it, and mean to read the rest.

Sometimes I wonder if psychological conditions can be diagnosed primarily from people's facebook (or other online) posts. I know people just like that, who seem to revel in pouring out their problems for other people's sympathy, and often you suspect that the problems are made up, or at least of their own creation.

I suppose we all have...err..."conditions" that are pretty apparent to Facebook followers.

Mar 27th 2014

Like baldness?

I know some folks who "vague-book" all the time. I hate that.

I haven't read the story, but I have seen a few headlines. Something about a woman who said her kid was missing, then was behind it all? Or something?

Mar 27th 2014

I honestly didn't understand how they were going to stretch this out for five days, but I was wrong. We've had to be very careful not to accuse her of anything. She hasn't been charged. But just in laying out the facts, the reporters have painted a picture of a very bizarre pattern of decisions and behavior. Anger, I'd say, is the only possible response. I tweeted about it this morning that I was glad we could give a voice to a little boy for whom no one spoke. It wasn't that no one cared. They either didn't see what was wrong or weren't in a position to act. Mostly, anyway. I don't understand the medical decisions that were made, so there may be something to answer for there.

Sometimes I wonder if psychological conditions can be diagnosed primarily from people's facebook (or other online) posts.

It's pretty well accepted that most people use social media to portray a certain picture of their lives. This is a pretty extreme case, though. A blog for a dead husband who didn't exist?

Mar 27th 2014

Like baldness?

I typed that, and held it in the comment box for almost five minutes before deleting it. I didn't want to offend. But I'm so damn glad that somebody else said it.

Garrett (I think I wrote the wrong name in my first comment) is a little boy who died from excessive sodium in his system. His mother is being investigated for the death. You should read the articles. They're fascinating and horrible.

Mar 27th 2014

Like baldness?

Ha, you guys should know better than to think I'd be insulted. But I also, in well, have typed things and just sat on it for a while, then deleted it. Like describing both of your faces.

Investigating someone for child abuse of any kind is the worst. Either someone did something awful, or you are falsely accusing them of doing something awful. Either way (she's innocent, or she's guilty), it's a bad thing.

Mar 27th 2014

A blog for a dead husband who didn't exist?

What? I need to follow this more closely.

But I also, in well, have typed things and just sat on it for a while, then deleted it

Why do you guys do this? Just post it, you whores.

Mar 27th 2014

Just post it, you whores.

OK, now I'm offended. I only accepted money that one time from your mom!

Mar 27th 2014

I know some folks who "vague-book" all the time. I hate that.

This. A thousand times this. Either spill your problem so that I can actually understand what happened, or stfu.

Mar 27th 2014

I only accepted money that one time from your mom!

You're a motherf...

(I better not post that.)

Mar 27th 2014

...ucker?

Mar 27th 2014

I think you're thinking of Bob Uecker.

Mar 27th 2014

So…THAT was a total disaster!

Mar 27th 2014

What was? Canadian independence?

Mar 27th 2014

Nope. My date with your mom. She ordered the lobster.

Mar 27th 2014

Canadian independence?

How did I miss that headline. Aren't they still a colony? (except for the French part)

Apr 4th 2014

Over the past year, I've seen some very good people here get let go, primarily because they rubbed someone the wrong way, or stood up for themselves. The longer I work, the more I believe that at work, the best strategy is to keep your head down and don't make waves.

And I generally LIKE where I work.

Apr 4th 2014

I always try to remember, it's just a job.

Apr 4th 2014

keep your head down

it's just a job

That's what I try to say to her! She never listens.

May 21st 2014 edited

When people are annoyingly vague yet urgent, so you spend the better part of an hour spinning your wheels before you figure out what they were actually talking about. Good times.

May 21st 2014

When people are annoyingly vague yet urgent, so you spend the better part of an hour spinning your wheels before you figure out what they were actually talking about. Good times.

This is something I am dealing with quite often as well in the last week.

May 28th 2014

I got up and 5 today to run because I'm doing a 5K with my sisters in a couple of weeks. I'm also working from home because our sitter needed the day off. I basically got off the treadmill, poured some coffee and sat down at my laptop where I've been for five hours since. I stink. Bad.

May 28th 2014

Are you being productive? Because that's all that matters.

I smell nice, but I'm not sure my time in front of my laptop has been as productive.

May 28th 2014

Scale of 1 to 10, I was a 6 today productivity-wise. I'll take it. And I showered at "lunch." My coworkers (dog, kid) complained.

Jun 1st 2014

Productivity beats cleanliness, I think.

I played kickball for the first time since middle school yesterday and now I feel like my joints are hardening in place. It might be because this is also the first time I've really gotten any exercise in months, but dang. I was thinking of picking up running this summer, but now I'm a-skeered to.

Jun 1st 2014

Productivity beats cleanliness, I think.

I agree. But I'm not sure anyone should follow my hygiene habits.

I played kickball for the first time since middle school yesterday and now I feel like my joints are hardening in place. It might be because this is also the first time I've really gotten any exercise in months, but dang. I was thinking of picking up running this summer, but now I'm a-skeered to.

Yay, kickball is fun! Do it more and you'll eventually really like it. I almost died when I got my bike back out last month, but after a few rides it was more fun than painful.

Jun 1st 2014

I played kickball

That's the worst sounding sport in history.

but after a few rides it was more fun than painful

That's what she said.

Jun 1st 2014

It might be because this is also the first time I've really gotten any exercise in months

I bet it's this much more than age. I was running around 4 miles at a clip over the winter. I got sick and got out of my routine. When I tried to get going again several weeks later, I could barely run 2 miles. I find it's impossible to just do stuff I'm not accustomed to doing. Age makes it even harder, but I find I can still get into shape when I make the effort.

Jun 1st 2014

I've been thinking of taking up tennis again, but I'm afraid parts of me will fall off with the slightest exertion. I need to get out and get some exercise, but the couch is so comfortable....

Jul 4th 2014

I've got to get out and at least get walking. Maybe not running, especially if my joints don't cooperate. To be fair to them, I am making them carry around an extra 10-year-old boy in weight. It seems kind of rude for me to expect them to be okay with it.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 115
  5. 116
  6. 117
  7. 118
  8. 119
  9. 120
  10. 121
  11. 122
  12. >