Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You Have Won a Tiny Dundie: Emmy Nominations
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >
1 to 30 of 732
Jul 6th 2006

Hurray for "The Office"!

Jul 6th 2006

And hurray for "Desperate Housewives" being snubbed (I still can't get over the feeling that they stole Arrested Development's thunder)!

Did the supporting cast get any nods? All I've heard so far is the show itself and Steve getting noms

Jul 6th 2006 edited

The nominations are (list stolen from Office Tally):

• Outstanding Comedy Series: The Office
  • Outstanding Lead Actor In A Comedy Series: Steve Carell
  • Outstanding Writing For A Comedy Series: Michael Schur, Christmas Party
  • Outstanding Single-camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series: Dean Holland, Booze Cruise
  • Outstanding Single-camera Picture Editing For A Comedy Series: David Rogers, Christmas Party

Shame about no supporting actors, but a win in either of the first two categories would be great.

Jul 6th 2006

This time last year I was suprised to hear that The Office was being renewed for a second season - and this year I'm complaining because none of the cast besides Steve is nominated for an Emmy. We've sure come a long way!

Jul 6th 2006

I'm just glad the fate of the show doesn't rest on whether they win anything...though it would be great if they did ;-p

It's an honor just to be nominated, of course....

Jul 6th 2006

What? No John K, Rainn W, or Jenna F noms? Lame, and so offensive...but hurray for Best Comedy and Best Actor! I think they have a great shot at winning.

Jul 6th 2006

I could totally see Steve winning. The other categories... we will just have to see (not that I wouldn't choose it... but those awards people often have different opinions than I do). I'm kinda surprised that Christmas Party was the episode they chose. I'm not sure if I really see how that was the best-written ep. But regardless, congrats to all involved, they've come such a long way this year!!

Sep 11th 2007

Hey, you guys. Go over here and vote for our Office peeps.

Sep 11th 2007 edited

I voted . . . kinda. I don't think I saw a single minseries or made-for-TV movie, so all those categories were out. Most of the dramatic acting categories were taken up by shows I don't watch (The Sopranos, Grey's Anatomy), or shows I hate (House). So I didn't vote in most of those, either. The shows I do watch, other than The Office, are the kinds of shows that get occasional token writing or directing nominations as a way for the Academy to say, "Hey, we don't really approve of science fiction, or netlets, or anything involving teenagers in any significant way, but some people say these shows are good, so maybe it might be nice if we at least acknowledged their existence" (Battlestar Galactica). Don't get me started on the fact that they nominated two women for Best Actress in a Dramatic Series who can't even get their accents right (Minnie Driver & Kyra Sedgwick) and another who is so ineffectual as to be practically nonexistent (Patricia Arquette), but ignored Kristen Bell and Mary MacDonald again.

Anyway. I bet Two & a Half Men or Ugly Betty wins for best comedy series, because they're the most traditional and most popular of the nominees. Unless Entourage wins based on its HBO cred.

Sep 11th 2007 edited

That was upsetting to me. Every time I wanted to vote for 30 Rock I had to vote for The Office because, while I found 30 Rock consistently funnier, it wasn't the complete package The Office was. I also can't pick Baldwin over Carell or Kevin Dillon or even Jeremy Piven over Rainn Wilson (though that one was close). The 30 Rock episodes submitted for directing and writing in a comedy were all better than Gay Witch Hunt, but I voted my heart over my mind. And as much as I enjoy Heroes or get a few laughs out of Grey's, I can't vote for them over The Sopranos, which was so much better on every level that it's not even fair. And then seeing all those votes for Ugly Betty and Two and a Half Men just saddened me.

Sep 11th 2007

The 30 Rock episodes submitted for directing and writing in a comedy were all better than Gay Witch Hunt

I wonder if this is going to hurt Daniels & Co., or if an episode is generally seen as a proxy for an entire season. Because there were quite a few episodes this season that were significantly better written than that one.

Sep 11th 2007 edited

Like "Phyllis' Wedding?" (kidding. just kidding)

Sep 11th 2007

I hate to be the lone Ugly Betty voice in the darkness, but I watched it this summer. It's quite engaging. I won't be missing an episode again. I don't know what specifically draws the masses but I haven't seen a single episode I didn't like. No, I saw one I didn't like--SWAG.

I'll watch The Office live, of course. And I don't belong to any UB fan sites.

Sep 11th 2007

I doubt you'll be alone. And I don't think it's a bad show -- I've only seen two episodes, I think -- but it is clearly a more conventional show than either 30 Rock or The Office, and what little of it I saw didn't seem to plumb either the comedic or dramatic depths that The Office continually strives for and fairly consistently hits.

I think of it sort of like some people must think of Bones: Competent, well-made, not for me.

Sep 11th 2007 edited

So GMMR is reporting that our very own Rainn Wilson and Kanye West will be performing at the Emmys...together! I think its some sort of skit but it should be entertaining to say the least.

eta who Rainn was going to be on with

Sep 12th 2007

I just read the Emmy favorites for TV columnist Rick Kushman. Here's the relevant ones:

Outstanding Comedy
Rick's Pick: When "The Office" comes on, I get happy. It is pure, rich, intelligent comedy and was even better than in last years Emmy-winning season.

Outstanding actor, comedy:
Rick's Pick: I'd love a tie between Baldwin and Carell. They play two of the worst bosses in American history - and in very different, very endearing ways. Their challenge will be getting past Shalhoub, who's won three Emmy's and the academy tends to repeat it's votes, particularly on comedy actors. "Monk" is a charming show and Shalhoub is a charming guy, but it's time to move on.

Outsanding supporting actress, comedy
Rick's Pick: William's was the flashiest of this strong group and seems a good bet, and Pressly is a constant surprise on "Earl," but my pick is Fischer, whose subtle, dry vulnerability gives an honest, gentle soul to "The Office."

Sep 12th 2007

Ugh, Kanye West. I hate Kanye West I just want to smack him really really hard and yell "It's not all about you, stop pretending otherwise"

Sep 12th 2007

I'll hold him down for you while you smack him. (Was that too harsh?)

Sep 12th 2007

It is pure, rich, intelligent comedy and was even better than in last years Emmy-winning season.

While I enjoy his enthusiasm, it baffles me how one could say this with any kind of straight face.

Sep 13th 2007

I enjoy Kanye West in the way you can enjoy an arrogant frat guy with a semi-intelligent vocabulary. You just kinda sit back and wait to see what he comes up with, and inevitably, it will be nothing brilliant, but it's kinda witty and well-timed. And he'll share his beer with you if you compliment him a few times.

Sep 13th 2007

He's freaking everywhere. I just finally saw Misson: Impossible III for the first time today and he was in the freaking credits. God he annoys me so much.

Sep 13th 2007

Kanye West? Might as well be Mae West for all I know.

Sep 13th 2007

You know who thinks Kanye West is a genius?

Kanye West does. He's about the only one, though.

Sep 13th 2007 edited

Kanye West? Might as well be Mae West for all I know.

Are you serious Brian? Maybe he'll invite us all to come up and see him sometime.

Sep 14th 2007

OK then, make that umpire Joe West.

Sep 14th 2007 edited

OK then, make that umpire Joe West.

Better him than good ole Balk-a-day Bob.

Sep 14th 2007

You know who thinks Kanye West is a genius?

Kanye West does. He's about the only one, though.

Anybody who whines like a 4-year-old who's favorite toy is missing, just because he didn't get an MTV Video Music Award, deserves absolutely no respect. He also may have been the worst guest actor in the history of Entourage, which is saying something.

Sep 14th 2007

Yeah, that was a pretty painful performance at the airport. I can't think of another guest star who's come close.

Sep 14th 2007

Yeah, Kanye gets on my nerves too. How old is he again? 5? But I still think Rainn in a skit with him would be funny.

Question: Who is this year's emmy host? I thought Conan was great last year.

Sep 14th 2007

Question: Who is this year's emmy host?

Ryan Seacrest. Boooooo. But there is a good list of presenters. Since I don't care about anything not involving The Office, I think I'm going to watch the Chargers/Patriots game, record the Emmys, stay off the Internets, then watch the Emmys when the game is over so I can fast-forward through the crap. Will Jenna have a date? That is the $64,000 question.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 25
  12. >