Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You have new music?: Current favorites
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 259
  5. 260
  6. 261
  7. 262
  8. 263
  9. 264
  10. 265
  11. 266
  12. ...
  13. 268
  14. >
7861 to 7890 of 8020
Jul 8th 2013

Was this the trip that Toosie was supposed to go with you on? Do you really hate her, now that she backed out on you like that? You should see the things she said about you on here while you were gone.

Jul 8th 2013

Yes, and yes. And I know. But I still love her.

Jul 8th 2013

Was this the trip that Toosie was supposed to go with you on?

Ol' Toos should just get a credit card and go into crazy debt, for her love of MISS and the Avett Bros.

And, in my defense, MISS backed out of a trip to Nashville for her husband's cousin's son's graduation. In North Dakota. I'm just sayin', at least being broke is an actual reason not to do something. :-)

But MISS left out an important detail - she was on the rail at 2 of the 3 shows and in her time there, she touched an Avett. He came down off the stage and jumped onto this boxy thing in front of the rail, for an electric guitar solo (what banjo?). He stumbled and was going to fall. She grabbed his arm and helped pull him up on to the weird, mini-stage in front of the rail.

I'd be jealous, but I prefer the other brother. Ha!

Jul 8th 2013

So wait, I'm a little lost. Are Avett Bros. like Bloodsport or is it something totally different?

Jul 8th 2013

Their live performances are the most incredible thing I've ever seen. JUST GO!

Yes, they aren't just 2 hours of plinky banjo music. They have a couple of bluegrass-y sounding songs, but they aren't a bluegrass band. And they're starting to get some airplay on Country Music Radio, you know what the machine in Nashville pushes, but they aren't one of those bands either.

And there's some hollerin' and carrying on in their older songs, but they aren't a whatever genre hollers band. And they've got a couple of introspective albums, but they aren't just singer-songwriters.

A lot of love songs, a lot of songs about the temporary nature of life, lessons learned, that kind of thing, in a very unique style. I don't think they're "like" any other band. I mean, people say Mumford & Sons, but not really. Just superficially, in that they have a banjo, and wear vests and hats and boots.

Anyway, I've gone on too long. But it is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend going.

Jul 8th 2013

Are Avett Bros. like Bloodsport or is it something totally different?

I still can't compare & contrast, due to lack of knowledge on the topic.

Jul 8th 2013

So wait, I'm a little lost. Are Avett Bros. like Bloodsport or is it something totally different?

It's equal parts One Direction and Deliverance.

Jul 8th 2013

Oh, wow. Ouch. Maybe in Charlotte, STT. :-)

But I play it cool when I'm down there. I'm no public fangirl. (Much.) I'm more of an internet fangirl.

Jul 8th 2013

Banjos = Deliverance jokes.

I didn't make the rules, I'm just following them.

Jul 8th 2013

"One Direction" was the offensive part.

Jul 8th 2013

I lol'd.

Jul 8th 2013

So did I.

Jul 8th 2013

Are Avett Bros. like Bloodsport or is it something totally different?

I still can't compare & contrast, due to lack of knowledge on the topic.

I'm going to kill you for real.

Jul 8th 2013

Ho Hey Harry Caray

Just watched this. Hahaha.

I'm going to kill you for real.

I just went to netflix, and I think I've checked on this before, but they don't have it on instant watch. So, I'm basically never going to see it.

Oh! But Bloodsport 4 is. They're basically the same, right? We'll be cool if I watch that?

Jul 9th 2013

FOR

REAL

Jul 9th 2013

Hey, if you were a hot dog, would you eat yourself? I know I would...

Jul 9th 2013

I was worried you were gonna say no!

Jul 19th 2013

I just bought an Avett Bros. album, partly because of their avid following on this forum and partly because it was $5 at Amazon and I had a $2 credit. How long before I'm following them across the Midwest and referring to them by first names?

Jul 19th 2013

How long before you live in a holler and only wear shoes to church?

Jul 19th 2013

How long before you and your kids are selling marijuana to all the rednecks you know / are related to in all kinds of disgusting ways?

Jul 19th 2013

PS -- My brother's dog, by the way, is her own aunt, and her own half-sister. It's super gross.

Jul 19th 2013

only wear shoes to church

I read that as wearing only shoes to church, and I got creeped out.

Jul 19th 2013

wearing only shoes to church

Yeah, that's San Francisco, not Appalachia.

Jul 19th 2013 edited

How long before I'm following them across the Midwest and referring to them by first names?

First you'll have to be able to tell them apart. :-)

By the way, I live on a hill. I mean, the hill's in kind of a holler...but at least I wear shoes.

marijuana

I think you misspelled "meth."

My brother's dog, by the way, is her own aunt, and her own half-sister. It's super gross.

She...had a litter with her uncle dog? And I can't figure out how the second thing would work.

By the way, I used to sort of have an Uncle Dog. When I was a kid, my dad would tell me about his great-aunt, Aunt Kat. And he'd always say, "You know her husband, Uncle Dog."

And, like, just last year, I asked my dad about Uncle Dog, like what his real name was, and why nobody else ever talked about him. And he just laughed and laughed. He said, "There's no Uncle Dog."

Anyway, I think you'll really like the album, Bri.

Jul 20th 2013 edited

Which album did you buy, Bri? Aren't they in New York soon, Toos? Like, tonight?

Also, it's Scott, Seth, Bob, Joe, Paul and Mike. Plus Travis does merch and Pete does lighting and road management and there's a Justin but I've never been clear what he does. Also also, you need to see them live. Soon. Like tonight, if I'm right about them being in NY. Someplace called Candiagusomething.

Jul 20th 2013

Canandaigua? That's 15 minutes from me!

I won't be going.

Jul 20th 2013

Canandaigua concert

I mean...ohhhh, it's NEXT Friday! I can't go because we're on vacation that week in the Adirondacks! Of all the dumb luck!

Jul 20th 2013

Well, I wish you would. Seriously, you don't know what you're missing, Jinx.

Jul 20th 2013

Those ticket prices are insane! Sheesh!

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 259
  5. 260
  6. 261
  7. 262
  8. 263
  9. 264
  10. 265