Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You have new music?: Current favorites
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 260
  5. 261
  6. 262
  7. 263
  8. 264
  9. 265
  10. 266
  11. 267
  12. 268
  13. >
7891 to 7920 of 8020
Jul 20th 2013

Also, it's Scott, Seth, Bob, Joe, Paul and Mike. Plus Travis does merch and Pete does lighting and road management and there's a Justin but I've never been clear what he does

I thought Justin might be the tour manager. But that's Dane. Oh! Justin's the sound guy. Yeah, he's the sound guy. Or maybe I have those switched. Wait, Pete's the manager? Are you sure?

I'm sure Dane's the guy who's in charge of throwing away harmonicas.

MISS would know - she's met Mike, Paul, and Pete (and maybe others?). I've only met Paul's folks.

Jul 20th 2013

And yeah, those are steep. I don't think that's the right site to purchase from. I know of someone selling 3 tickets to that show for $51.25 each, and that site's selling other tickets for the same section for $68.

So, that's probably not the right site.

Jul 20th 2013

Travis. I met Travis. I forgot about Dane. And when I said Pete was the road manager, I think what I really meant was stage manager. He makes sure the stage is set up and all the instruments are where they need to be and that Seth has a box to jump down on so he can play just for me. :)

You realize we're the only two people here who care about this, right? Although there's hope for Brian...

Jul 20th 2013 edited

You realize we're the only two people here who care about this, right?

Honestly, I only care a little. The most interesting part to me is which folks you met. But I don't think I know what they look like, or anything about them...just their names from other peoples' anecdotes. No, I guess I have seen pictures of Pete and Travis.

I think I saw a video where they were telling Justin that the sound was horrible and the drum sounded like a deflated basketball. It never improved and they said, "Leave it like that. It's awful." And laughed. Anyway, I think they were talking to Justin in that.

Jul 20th 2013

He makes sure the stage is set up and all the instruments are where they need to be and that Seth has a box to jump down on so he can play just for me. :)

If anyone was reading these posts, that they don't care about at all, very closely, they could probably make a good joke about instruments and boxes and Seth playing for you. You know, if they were clever and saw that sentence... I saw it, but am lacking cleverness.

Jul 20th 2013

Candiagusomething.

I thought you said New York. That's nowhere near New York City.

Although there's hope for Brian...

Don't give me false hope.

Jul 20th 2013

Anyway, I think they were talking to Justin in that.

I was totally right. It's a little after 2:11 in this video.

New York City.

This reminded me of the old salsa commercials. But there's no way for me to say "New York City?!" on a message board, where that'd be obvious. So, I had to just say it reminded me of it.

Jul 20th 2013

Anyway, I think they were talking to Justin in that.

You mean Justin Bieber is part of the band?!?!? No wonder you guys like them so much.

Jul 20th 2013

I think if there was a Canadian in the band, I'd never listen to them again. I'd burn all my albums and delete my mp3s.

Jul 20th 2013

So, I don't only listen to the Avetts. Remember when I went to Charlotte a few weekends ago? I was unsure if I should and I basically did a lot of stuff that I didn't really choose to do, but did it because I told various folks I would do stuff*?

Oh, I guess the part you'd remember is that I told you guys I put that drink chip in my mouth.

Anyway.

When I went down there, we went to see two bands. One was Bombadil. And they have a new album coming out, like maybe this week? Yeah, this week. But you can listen to the album here, so it's practically already released? I don't know.

Most of the songs are pretty good. A couple I love and there's at least one I never want to hear again. So, pretty good over all.

Anyway, that's my sad attempt at bringing the thread back to the topic.

*by the way, I'm doing that again, Nov. 9th, going to Charlotte, doing stuff I've said I'll do, and having a better time than I expect. And this time, I'm gonna meet up with LT.

Jul 20th 2013

I had heard of Bombadil from our time living near Chapel Hill which I think is their home base. Good stuff.

Jul 20th 2013 edited

Yeah, I thought it was Chapel Hill, too, but a couple of things I've seen has said Durham. But that might just be because more folks, nationally, probably would know where Durham is and they're so close.

Speaking of Bombadil, the friend I saw them with just posted this link on facebook.

Jul 22nd 2013

I got a nifty gifty in the mail today from LATP! I haven't listened to it yet, because jazz. (Don't ask.) And I left it at work, because moron.

But I'm looking forward to listening to it tomorrow. Thanks, LATP!!

Jul 23rd 2013

Yes, thank you, LATP! I recognized a lot of names and am familiar with some of the songs. Your CDs are always great, so I'm really looking forward to listening to it.

Jul 23rd 2013

She does make the best CDs.

Jul 23rd 2013

I left it at work again today. Ugh!

Jul 24th 2013

For those of you keeping score at home, I left the CD again.

Jul 24th 2013

snort

Jul 24th 2013

I got one! I'm inordinately stoked! But I left it at work.

Jul 24th 2013

What a bunch of hosers!

Jul 28th 2013

I bought the National's Trouble Will Find Me album yesterday, sweet Jesus is it good. Sort of moody and pop at the same time. Definitely recommend it.

Jul 29th 2013 edited

I just got a promotional email about new music from James Blunt. Like, seemingly "from" James Blunt.

I don't know why. I don't usually get emails from Atlantic Records, so somebody's sold my address to them, it seems.

I'll tell you right now, I'm not going to buy new James Blunt music.

Jul 29th 2013

I love the 30-second sample of his "Goodbye My Lover" on iTunes. Must've played it a thousand times.

Jul 29th 2013

I've just heard that one song that he had a long time ago. Maybe if he's not so bad as that, I'll listen to him.

But probably not.

Jul 29th 2013 edited

I just got a promotional email about new music from James Blunt. Like, seemingly "from" James Blunt.

Did it go like this:

So… Just for you… Here's the first single from my new album…! It's called 'Bonfire Heart', and the first time it will be broadcast on the airwaves will be on BBC Radio 2 at around 11am (GMT) this morning and later today in mainland Europe… So it's all yours till then!

The song is about love, life, fear and hope… and more than anything, you… and me…

Jul 29th 2013

It goes exactly like that. Did you send it to me?

Jul 29th 2013

I got it in my work e-mail this morning. I have no idea who James Blunt is.

Jul 29th 2013

He sounds like some kind of stoner to me.

Jul 29th 2013

I have no idea who James Blunt is.

He must be Emily Blunt's husband.

Jul 29th 2013

He's very popular with the kids for some reason, like John Weed or Mary J. Uana

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 260
  5. 261
  6. 262
  7. 263