Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You have new music?: Current favorites
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 261
  5. 262
  6. 263
  7. 264
  8. 265
  9. 266
  10. 267
  11. 268
  12. >
7921 to 7950 of 8020
Jul 29th 2013

I think you're thinking of Kenny "Bus" Sateeva.

Aug 4th 2013

Hey, awesome! I got a couple of CDs in the mail from Nerfy & Mr. Life yesterday. I haven't listened to them yet, because as I've demonstrated earlier in this thread, I'm a forgetful person. But I will soon. I'm really looking forward to them. Thanks!

Aug 8th 2013

You're welcome!

Aug 9th 2013

I did not care for that Daft Punk song, until I saw Stephen Colbert dancing to it (after they bailed on appearing on his show Tuesday, I think). Now it's stuck in my head...

Aug 9th 2013

As it should be.

I came home after a couple of weeks away to find some very Nerfy CDs......hooray and thank you! Very excited to hear them.

Oct 27th 2013

Apparently Lou Reed had still been alive.

Oct 27th 2013

Apparently Lou Reed had still been alive.

So cold. I love this place.

Oct 27th 2013

No slight to him. I wasn't a fan, but I didn't have a strong opinion either way. I did see him perform once. He was decent. Still, as often as not when a celebrity dies I find I'm surprised to learn they had still been alive. It's not like Lou's passing will leave a huge gap in many people's music-listening lives at this point, I'd bet.

Oct 28th 2013

Still, as often as not when a celebrity dies I find I'm surprised to learn they had still been alive.

Recently one of the muchkins died, and I was very surprised that they were still around. Then I started to think that it was only 10-20 years ago that some of the silent movie stars, or some of the pioneers of TV, were still around.

Figuring that the oldest person in the world is usually around 115, when I was born, there were still people around who could remember the Civil War, or who were slaves. That's crazy.

Oct 28th 2013

Still, as often as not when a celebrity dies I find I'm surprised to learn they had still been alive.

This is true.

It's not like Lou's passing will leave a huge gap in many people's music-listening lives at this point, I'd bet.

This also may be true, but more people should hear this.

Oct 28th 2013

And now I'd like to retract that statement too. I really meant he probably wasn't touring a lot, so his fans were mainly listening to records or CDs of his or watching Youtube videos. I've been impressed by what people have had to say about his place in the rock pantheon. RIP dude, I'll stop talking about you now.

Oct 28th 2013 edited

No worries, Bri; I think the whole point of his work with the Velvet Underground and beyond was to either be loved or feared. I got into his work through hearing a cover of "Sister Ray" on a Joy Division album, and I much prefer his stuff with the VU than his solo stuff (never got much of it on CD, apart from Transformer, Songs for Drella and Street Hassle). He was not everyone's cup of tea, to be sure. I'm just sad that he's gone.

Speaking of not know celebs were still alive, is Abe Vigoda still around? Seems like he was ancient back in The Godfather

Edit: Abe is still alive (born in 1921, for Pete's sake)

Nov 4th 2013

So, I'm going to see MISS's favorite band in 10 days. I've got this friend in Charlotte who has an extra ticket for a show in Charleston, SC, next Thursday and I'm going with her. Her birthday is the day of the show, and mine is the next week. I'm going to hang around with her that weekend and have a big time. And we're going to meet up with LT. Or I will at least. It just depends on what all's going on.

Good times!

Nov 4th 2013

And we're going to meet up with LT

Get out of town! Photos or it didn't happen.

Nov 4th 2013

So, I'm going to see MISS's favorite band in 10 days.

I hear Pat Boone puts on a great show.

I'm going to hang around with her that weekend and have a big time.

Or several consecutive medium-sized times, amiright? (I don't even know what that could mean.)

Goo time!

Eeeewww!!! (Remember when doing this was a thing?)

Nov 4th 2013 edited

Get out of town! Photos or it didn't happen.

I am - I'm going to Charlotte! I'm sure there'll be photos.

MISS is old!

Nov 4th 2013

Great-great-grandmas throw their panties onstage at his performances

Nov 4th 2013

I hate you all.

Nov 5th 2013

Great-great-grandmas throw their diapers onstage at his performances

There--fixed that for you.

Nov 5th 2013

Yeah, MISS'll be happier.

Nov 5th 2013

Et tu, VG?

Or are you speaking from experience? winky face

Nov 7th 2013

Quiet you!

Feb 17th 2014

I've been stuck listening to the new live Band of Horses album. The first few songs of theirs I heard, I didn't like. I though the main singer guy was annoying as crap. But it seems like he's less annoying live, 'cause I don't think anybody on this is annoying. It's just lovely singing, I think. I like it anyway. You can stream it and check it out.

Feb 21st 2014

Our friend MISS is in St. Louis with a gang of internet people, seein' these old guys. I hope she's having the best time of all the times.

Feb 21st 2014

I am! The only way it could be better is if you were here, Toosie.

Feb 21st 2014

Or if street signs were made of artisan cheese that you could eat. That would be better too.

Feb 21st 2014

And craft beer came out of the fire hydrants.

Feb 21st 2014

And there was good music to listen to.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 261
  5. 262
  6. 263
  7. 264
  8. 265
  9. 266
  10. 267