Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
You have new music?: Current favorites
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 260
  5. 261
  6. 262
  7. 263
  8. 264
  9. 265
  10. 266
  11. 267
  12. 268
  13. >
8011 to 8033 of 8033
May 18th 2015

I can't get the link to work. Anyway, they broke up (again).

May 18th 2015

That's OK. I wasn't going to click on it. ;)

May 29th 2015

This reminds me of the new guy I heard in the past couple of weeks, Hozier.

Dude. I wore that album out.

Apr 21st 2016

Apr 21st 2016

Apr 24th 2016

Love

Feb 25th 2017

You guys! Allison Krauss came out with a new album and it's lovely. Here's a taste of a beautiful Willie Nelson cover she did:

I Never Cared For You

Jun 17th 2017

Hey guys. Got any new music you want to share with me? I have something I want to share with you. First of all one of my favourite bands, Fleet Foxes, just released a new album. It's called "Crack-up". i've listen to it two or three times now, and I don't like it as much as their previous album, but I'm hoping it will grow on me. I'll try to put a link to one of the songs down below, but I'm doubtful of my markdown skills.

If You Need To, Keep Time on Me -Fleet Foxes

Secondly, I just downloaded an album by Dan Auerbach. He's 1/2 of the duo that makes up The Black Keys. If you don't like the black keys, that's OK because this album sounds really nothing like it. There's a couple pretty good songs on that album (Waiting For A Song) including the title track, one called "king of a one horse town" that I like too. Here it is: song I just mentioned

Cross your fingers on that Mark down, because if it doesn't work I'm not fixing it.

Your turn…

Jun 18th 2017

Fleet Foxes, just released a new album. It's called "Crack-up".

I knew this was coming out, but didn't know it was out.

Dan Auerbach. He's 1/2 of the duo that makes up The Black Keys.

I knew that, but didn't realize he had new stuff out now. Ok. Cool cool cool.

Will check this out.

Aug 24th 2017

Love the new Dan Auerbach album.

Check out "The System Only Dreams in Total Darkness" by the National.

May 11th 2018

From a post I wrote in June 30, 2009

LATP and CZJ both included a song (which I can't post a Youtube link to, but I would if I could but I can't so I won't) in their mix called The Twist by a band called Frightened Rabbit. I implore you all to find this song and listen to it and download it. Why? Because maybe it'll get in your head like it has gotten in to mine, for over a week straight. I can't get it out of my head. I don't know what it is about that song, but I can't shake it. At first listen, it's a nice poppy song, but upon further listens, if you're like me, you keep waiting for the crescendo, where the drums kick in, and the whole band is workign together and kickin' it, and it's just awesome. But it's the build-up that's just killer. I keep waiting and waiting for the whole song to just explode in a fury of guitars and drums and other instruments, but it takes soooo long, and when it finally gets there, it's a bit euphoric, but I still can't shake the feeling that there's just something not quite complete about it. It's a very weird reaction to have to a song. Also, there's a lot about this song that I could (if I haven't already) equate with sex or sexual frustration, if I felt so inclined to go into more detail about it. Which I won't.

The lead singer of Frightened Rabbit died of an apparent suicide yesterday, so when I read that (CJ-Z posted a link on FB) it immediately reminded me of this post, from dang near a decade ago now.

Anyway, here's a link to the song that I couldn't find back then. I'm not even gonna bother trying markdown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOh6kKrQioE

May 20th 2018

I've been to two Frightened Rabbit concerts and was really saddened to hear about Scott Hutchinson's death.

Jul 21st 2018

Hey guys! I’m just discovering some old Canadian music legends for the first time and I felt like sharing with you all. Ian and Sylvia Tyson are a folk duo that were popular in the 60’s, and still are considered legends up here, but I only ever knew one song by them, Four Strong Winds. Their version of it is just so incredibly good.

But I came here to share another song of theirs. It’s called You Were On My Mind. When you hear it, you’ll recognize it. It was covered by another band and was a top hit. But I like Ian and Sylvia’s version as much if not more.

Anyway, that’s all I’ve got. Enjoy!

Oct 12th 2018

Oh look, I was the last one to post in here, and not three months ago.

I guess I'm still discovering old Canadian music legends because lately I've been devouring Joni Mitchell, of all artists. The joke I've decided to make about that is that I guess I am not "I-am-starting-to-like-Joni-Mitchell" years old.

So, not sure how much you guys know about her stuff. But some of it is actually pretty good. Lyrically, she's a genius. Really smart.

Here's three songs from three different albums, and none of these songs are chart toppers like Big Yellow Taxi or Both Sides Now or Cary. I'm not going to click on the YouTube links because of too much work.

1. Little Green - from her most famous album "Blue". Its about the child she had when she was young, and gave up for adoption. Neat bookend; she was reunited with her daughter a few years back.

2. The Circle Game - from "Ladies of the Canyon. Okay, this one is kinda famous. Some people write it off as cheese, but I like it. Mitchell wrote it in response to Neil Youngs (admittedly better) Sugar Mountain.

3. Amelia from Hejira. I don't know much about this one, but it's a good tune. Check it out.

Okay, I'll go now, only to return in another few months, probably.

Oct 13th 2018

My dad likes Joni Mitchell. I'm like, blah. about her.

Oct 15th 2018

I listened to Steely Dan all weekend.

Oct 15th 2018

I like Joni Mitchell, but "Court & Spark" pretty much covers it for me.

Oct 16th 2018

My wife has been listening to L.P. recently. You should listen to her sing Beyonce's Halo (which LP actually wrote for Beyonce, so it's her song).

It is...so much better than Beyonce's version.

Oct 17th 2018

L.P.

Lil Pump? Lisa Presley? Liz Phair?

Oct 17th 2018

No, I think her name is just LP. She's kind of an androgynous she/he, I think actually a she that looks like a he, but the voice is definitely she.

Oct 17th 2018

Yep, that's the one. Amazing voice.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 260
  5. 261
  6. 262
  7. 263
  8. 264
  9. 265
  10. 266