Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I met Rainn Wilson yesterday
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 37
Jul 13th 2006

So yesterday Rainn was on Late Night with Conan O'Brien, and me and my friend went down to NBC and figured we would try to meet him.

We saw him leaving and he couldn't have been nicer. The minute I said: Rainn? he came right over and talked to my friend and I. I had the Office PUMA ads for him to sign and he thought they were really cool, and he took pictures with me and my friend. He thanked us and said it was great meeting us too.

Rainn was nothing like Dwight K. Schrute. He even somewhat smiled in the picture!

Jul 13th 2006

Alright, well post the pic! We'd all like to see a Rainn smile!

Jul 13th 2006

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/wnyxmcneal/Rainn.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v198/wnyxmcneal/Dwight.jpg

Jul 13th 2006

Very cool. My friend and I tried to see Rainn when he was on the Tonight Show, but we didn't make it in. It totally ruined the day.

Jul 15th 2006

Wow- what a cool opportinuty for you. I liked the pics. Thanks for including them.

Just one more reason to admire all of the folks at The Office. The friendly and accessible cast and crew really make it worth supporting this fantastic show.

Jul 15th 2006

Thanks for posting them, dude.

Jul 17th 2006

That's so awesome! Did anyone catch the show? Are there any videos of it out there, I didn't realize he was on.

Jun 5th 2008 edited

I had no idea there was a thread for this. e-star, you have to move you're whole discussion over here before Brian finds out. (<----Anque was being ferocious here.)

Jun 5th 2008

Um, okay.....I talked to Rainn Wilson yesterday.

Done.

Jun 5th 2008

What if you aren't scheduled to meet Rainn Wilson until November? Where would you post that?

Jun 5th 2008

New thread? "I'm Meeting Rainn Wilson In The Future"?

Jun 5th 2008

One more thing I forgot to mention: Rainn hates the Lakers. Someone asked whether he was going to root for the Lakers or the Celtics, and he said the Celtics because he hates the Lakers and Kobe Bryant should be spanked like the baby he is (his near exact wording).

Jun 5th 2008

Yet another reason to lovelovelove Rainn...

Jun 5th 2008

I heart Rainn. I am so glad he said that.

Also, someone posted about this Rainn thing that you went to over here and they mentioned Rainn saying this:

The Office spin off series will feature no one from the original show (no one who works in the office)

Is that true? I thought the actors didn't know what the spinoff was about. This makes me happy but I remember they were saying before that the spinoff would focus on someone leaving the office.

Jun 5th 2008

They may not know what the spinoff is about, but I bet they'd know if they were going to have a role in it, and I bet they've all been talking about it with each other.

Jun 5th 2008

If there aren't any characters in the office going to the new show, how is it a spin-off? What are they spinning off? The parking lot?

Jun 5th 2008

What are they spinning off? The parking lot?

That would be a melodrama, no?

Jun 5th 2008

How about Poor Richard's? Would a sitcom based in a bar work?

Jun 5th 2008

It's a story about the four families, I just know it. It will be life in the office...with the mob.

Jun 5th 2008

Cool Guy Paul! Cool Guy Paul! Cool Guy Paul!

Jun 5th 2008

The parking lot?

What a great potential title! The Parking Lot of Doom!

It could be an anthology series, like Twilight Zone. Every week different people could wander into the PLoD and have their dearest hopes and dreams shattered.

Jun 5th 2008

How about Poor Richard's?

Maybe they get a leading actor to play the bars owner. He used to play ball for the Cleveland Indians, but didn't make it big. Around the bar is a pretty interesting mix of characters, including a portly guy named Lorne, a Fed Ex employee named Biff, and a curmudgeonly waitress named Marla. Maybe there's a love interest with the main guy, named Dan, and another one of the waitresses, named Vianne. Oh, also, there'd be a brainiac psychiatrist played by Frasier Crane.

Jun 5th 2008

Maybe they get a leading actor to play the bars owner. He used to play ball for the Philadelphia Phillies.

Fixed that for ya.

Jun 5th 2008

The article erroneously says Rainn has an MBA. I'm pretty sure he has an MFA.

Jun 5th 2008

A person could have both. You don't have to rescind one to qualify for the other.

Jun 5th 2008

The Office spin off series will feature no one from the original show (no one who works in the office)

I'm not going to take that as a gospel until an official announcement is made.

Jun 5th 2008

I remember the question that girl asked. Yes, he said that no one from the show is leaving (or something to that effect). He went to Tufts for undergrad then got his MFA in acting at NYU's Tisch Scool of the Arts. If he has an MBA, he didn't mention it, but I don't think he does. And he was very distracted...he kept changing the subject and interrupting himself...he blamed his Starbucks drink.

Jun 5th 2008

Did he get up to go to the bathroom a lot?

Jun 5th 2008

Did he get up to go to the bathroom a lot?

I hope someone got him a cranberry juice...with vodka.

Jun 5th 2008

NYU's Tisch Scool of the Arts

My little brother is starting there in the fall. It's his third college in three years.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 37
Top of PageBack to discussions