Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Technical difficulties: Uh, James...
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 63
  5. 64
  6. 65
  7. 66
  8. 67
  9. 68
  10. 69
  11. 70
  12. 71
  13. >
2101 to 2106 of 2106
Jul 4th 2014

Thanks for asking. No one ever asks. It's at a different Apple store now. I finally realized it wasn't just freezing on startup but specifically on wifi. I ran it for a day offline doing all kinds of tasks with no problem. And on Ethernet it worked great too. So I brought it to a different store since I figured the first store's techs should have picked up on this in the three visits there. They even replaced the airport card (and charged me $120). Fingers crossed. It's been almost four weeks and six Genius Bar visits.

Jul 4th 2014

What a bummer. Interesting about the wifi thing. I'll ask Mr. A if he's ever heard of anythign like that happening.

Jul 4th 2014

No, I think Bri made it up for attention.

Jul 4th 2014

six Genius Bar visits.

They seem misnamed.

Jul 4th 2014

Maybe they're just really good at Language Arts?

Jul 8th 2014

Update: I got a call on Saturday - day four of my iMac's stay at the second Apple Store. The tech said he thought he'd solved the problem, but he wanted to give it some time to make sure it worked. Well, it didn't. I picked it up yesterday, no charge and a credit towards a new purchase in the amount I'd paid for repairs to date. That said, it works just fine...on ethernet. That is surprisingly problematic in terms of deciding where to put a desktop computer in your house.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 63
  5. 64
  6. 65
  7. 66
  8. 67
  9. 68
  10. 69
  11. 70
  12. 71