Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Which Office employee are you most like?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 35 of 35
Jan 8th 2011

I want to say that before you read what I'm about to write, I want you to know that you are the only one that was there, the only one that felt what was going on and therefore the only one who really know what the best action is at this point. Also, I'm sure whatever decision you make is the right one, and I trust that you make good decisions.

Now I'm going to say what I'm going to say:

1. You mentioned before the Batman discussion that he really wasn't saying anything, so the fact that he didn't try to be sociable after doesn't seem like something that was to be expected whether or not the Batman discussion happened.

2. The Batman & Robin gay theory is a very very common one with many many references made in pop culture. Even someone with a passion for the comic/character should understand that, and except that it IS a funny view on a situation that clearly isn't the case. I'm saying this to say that I don't think you looked like a jerk. If you had said "Batman is stupid and for nerds and everyone one who likes him sucks" THAT would be insulting. Instead you just gave your view on a very commonplace pop culture situation. You weren't being a jerk, and I can't imagine anyone thought you we're after that moment.

3. You yourself said that you aren't very naturally outgoing. I get that, as I am exactly the same way. I do not feel comfortable in new situations and with new people and am very quiet for awhile until I warm to them. Couldn't this also be the same way with Batman guy? I only bring this up to say that I don't think that you had as bad impression on this guy as you may think (I also would think someone of one generation older than you [i.e you mother] would not find batman a very important matter, and therefore wouldn't tell you this when explaining the guy)

I guess it all comes down to this: How well do you trust your mothers instincts about people? Do you trust her enough to think that she wouldn't put you in danger?

One last thing, you said this:

Overall, I'm not too concerned. So some dude in the next town has my number. Big whoop.

That statement works for the guy as much as it works against him. It can be said that you are brushing this guy off for as little as you know about him, which is equally unfair.

Jan 8th 2011

How well do you trust your mothers instincts about people? Do you trust her enough to think that she wouldn't put you in danger?

Yeah, I'm sure it won't be a dangerous situation, just maybe uncomfortable. Maybe totally awkward.

It can be said that you are brushing this guy off for as little as you know about him, which is equally unfair.

That's true. I guess my point there is that right now, I'm cool either way. Whatever happens or doesn't happen....happens or doesn't happen.

Jan 10th 2011

Another great story, Toos. Thanks for sharing. I have no advice worth sharing, except that adults who read comics are gay.

Jan 10th 2011

Lead with that next time. What are the odds?

Jan 13th 2011

I think you should go out with this guy. But blind dates are bullshit, and I wouldn't have gone on that one, especially because his friends were there. But this could be different.

DftF is wise. What a lam-o to bring his friends on a blind date. Chicken. Yeah, blind dates suck, but at least both of you are in the same awkward boat. Not so when you chicken out and bring your friends. Even if it is a double date. Blerg. That guy is fired in my book just for that.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
31 to 35 of 35
Top of PageBack to discussions