Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Little Mister Sunshine
1 to 17 of 17
Aug 5th 2006

Discuss the brilliance that is Steve Carell

Aug 5th 2006

I just saw a sneek-peak of "Little Miss Sunshine" and it is absolutely hysterical and Steve Carell is brilliant...Not even a hint of Michael is present in the movie...Gotta give props to the guy who can pull off a 40 year old virgin, a pompous boss, and a suicidal Proust scholar all in one years time...

PS: check out some classic "The Daily Show" stuff featuring Steve Carell on You Tube...

Aug 5th 2006

PS: check out some classic "The Daily Show" stuff featuring Steve Carell on You Tube...

Especially the "Produce Pete", "Slimming Down with Steve", and "Beat the Heat" segments. It's Steve Carell at his most brilliant.

Aug 5th 2006

Especially the "Produce Pete", "Slimming Down with Steve", and "Beat the Heat" segments. It's Steve Carell at his most brilliant.

I concur. The "Beat the Heat" segment is worth the trip to YouTube alone. SC's outfits are hysterical; so is the entire "stay hydrated" conversation.

Aug 5th 2006

Steve Carrell is the funniest man alive because of the diversity of his funniness. Will Ferrell is awesome, but his characters are pretty much the same in every movie. Carrell's characters in Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin, and The Office are totally different, and each portrayal is hysterical.

Aug 5th 2006 edited

Lucy, you can't say "PS: check out some classic "The Daily Show" stuff featuring Steve Carell on You Tube..." and not link to some of them, it's just not nice :D.

Aug 5th 2006 edited

Here are a few [hope I do this Markdown right]

Steve promoting 40-year-old Virgin

Steve gets drunk This one is great! Even Stevphen where Colbert get Carell drunk to prove to the kids why they shouldn't get drunk on Spring Break. And Carell REALLY gets drunk.

Edit: My LMS comment - hasn't come to my town yet but I plan on seeing it.

Aug 5th 2006

I saw Little Miss Sunshine at a preview screening a couple of weeks ago, and again tonight. I love the movie, and Steve is fantastic. Two former Daily Show Correspondents have given the best supporting performances I've seen this year (the afformentioned Carell, and Stephen Colbert in "Strangers wtih Candy").

Aug 6th 2006

you can't say "PS: check out some classic "The Daily Show" stuff featuring Steve Carell on You Tube..." and not link to some of them, it's just not nice :D

Hey CHASE THAT FEELING -- chase those links...;)

Aug 6th 2006 edited

Also check out Premiere Magazine's comedy issue (which features Steve Carell on the cover)...The "responsible drinking" bit from The Daily Show was Steve actually getting drunk...The bit at the end about Stephen Colbert's car really happened! (according to the article, anyway)...

~ Lucy

PS: Hey CHASE THAT FEELING -- how'd I do? ;)

Aug 6th 2006

much better ;).

Aug 7th 2006

For those of you who (1) want to be the one of the first in your town to see "Little Miss Sunshine" first and (2) see it for free -- what a combination! -- go to the "Little Miss Sunshine" soundtrack link in MySpace:

http://www.myspace.com/littlemisssunshinesoundtrack

You have to scroll a little bit down the page (below the player and the big picture of the group running towards the bus, above the trailer)...Look for "Free Screenings!" on the right hand side of the page...

Have Fun!

~ Lucy

Aug 8th 2006

Courtesy of Colin from the Office Tally and whoever posted them on YouTube...Steve Carell on "Craig Furgeson", who is also brilliant by the way (though I never can stay up that late to watch him!):

Steve Carell -- Part I

Steve Carell -- Part II

Steve Carell -- Part III

Enjoy!

~ Lucy

Aug 7th 2008

lucy sure did leave a lot of comments in this thread. I like her. She gets things done.

Aug 7th 2008

I detect a certain lack of stick-to-it-ivness, though. Last active in May of '07? What's up with that?

Aug 7th 2008

Last active in May of '07? What's up with that?

Hmm, Maybe she was a Karen/Jim fan and didn't like the way The Job ended and quit watching the show after that.

Aug 7th 2008

I wonder why ctf didn't do the same?

I'm glad that didn't happen, though.

1 to 17 of 17
Top of PageBack to discussions