Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I have a four-toed foot: What are your quirks?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. >
1 to 30 of 388
Aug 8th 2006

One reason this show is so good is because the characters are well-drawn. They're universal so we can all relate, but they all have little quirks that make them unique and real. For example, Creed has a four-toed foot. Jim can do impressions. Dwight has more quirks than a human being should have.

So...what are your quirks? I'm talking about the little things that make up who you are, the characteristics that distinguish you from Joe Schmo up the block, the things that some of your friends may be surprised to know.

Fess up! You don't have to tell us about your green urine (but you can if you want), but tell us something!

Aug 8th 2006 edited

About Me: I don't have a four-toed foot, but my feet (and my ankles, I guess) are pretty strong. I can turn off the faucet in the tub with my feet when I take a bath. In fact, I am pretty strong in general, and I'm pretty small, too, so it's kind of a contrast. I think I might really be able to surprise a would-be attacker in a dark parking garage. I hope I never have to test my theory in real life, but I do think about these things.

Aug 8th 2006 edited

I can turn my tongue upside-down, both directions, and my elbows are double-jointed. I am truly blessed.

Aug 8th 2006

I hate holes. They creep me out. When someone talks to me about pores or something of the like, I twitch in agony.

Aug 8th 2006

I can cross one eye at a time (i.e., the left one is pointed at my nose and the right one is looking straight ahead).

It's a handy party trick.

Aug 8th 2006

I think I mentioned it before, but I can write mirror-image cursive text. I started off by writing normal with my right hand, while simultaneously doing the exact opposite with my left hand (so the left hand writes mirror), then I realized that my putting my mind into a "flipped" mode, I could just write right-handed mirror style.

Let's see...I also high jumped over seven feet several times. At one point that probably would have put me in the top 50 in the world. Alas, if you're among the top 800 baseball players in the world, you can make a pretty good living at it. If you're the 50th best high jumper, you end up with a pretty good collegiate career and achy knees twenty years later. :-)

Aug 8th 2006

I never could dance or sing, and I love to do both, so I'm pretty offensive to be around.

Aug 8th 2006

hahahaha!

New favorite thread.

Aug 8th 2006

I hate holes.

I can relate to that, CountryCrock, but my problem is ramps. Just any sort of inclined plane. I guess it's just the feeling of powerlessness over the situation. We went to Gettysburg a few years ago, and the ramp leading into the Cyclorama wraps around the painting. (If you've never heard of the Cyclorama, you should be able to find more here. ) Anyways I was a complete mess. You know how thinking about something just means you have to concentrate on it more. I couldn't ignore the fact that I was on this ramp and wouldn't be on flat ground until they opened it up. It was crazy. Yeah, so I can relate to irrational hatred, but I'm cool with pores.

Aug 8th 2006

2 Close -- Never go to the Guggenheim in NYC. That's all kinds of hurt for you.

Let's see...I can hang a spoon on my nose. Well, actually everyone can. Um...one of the biggest I can think of is my sleeping habits. I am such a fussy person in bed. If I roll over, I then have to make sure all my pajamas are straightened out. Then I have to fluff my pillow again. Then I have to make sure the sheets aren't bunching up at the top or bottom too much. Then when the side of my body that I'm lying on starts to ache, I roll over and do the same thing again. Luckily, my husband is a heavy sleeper.

Aug 8th 2006 edited

When someone talks to me about pores or something of the like, I twitch in agony.

This cracked me up. I'm trying to envision people standing around at a party talking about...pores. You must have some pretty unusual conversations. Or you go to a lot of Mary Kay parties ;-)

I have a really weak stomach and a very pronounced gag reflex. I gag a lot even when I brush my teeth. For a while I seriously considered a career as a nurse; I realized this would not be a viable option when I remembered they probably have to clean up a lot of vomit, which would be torture for me. I could probably handle the blood and protruding bones and other grotesque things without much comment, but the vomit would be my downfall. Last night I had to clean up a lot of dog barf, so...not a great night for my stomach.

Aug 8th 2006 edited

Wow, Teapot, thanks for sharing. I'm going to the happy place in my mind now, with sunshine & flowers... ;)

Aug 8th 2006

Luckily, my husband is a heavy sleeper.

Hahahahaha.

I'm totally neurotic, and crazy about little things like my sheets as well.

Aug 8th 2006

I can lick either of my elbows.

Aug 8th 2006

ok, everybody, raise your hands if you just tried that.

Aug 8th 2006

I.

Aug 8th 2006

Thought about it. Didn't want to look weird.

Aug 8th 2006

I tried it. Can't do it.

Chicks dig elbow licking, dan, so good luck with that. I'm not one of those chicks, since spit grosses me out, but I'm sure some women are really into it.

Aug 8th 2006

Sometimes if I'm up too late, my feet start itching. Then I'm tired, and can't sleep. I am particular about sheets, too, but only when I get in the bed. I don't care if the bed's made during the day, and I don't pay any attention to how they're arranged if I wake up in the middle of the night. But there's something calming about getting into bed with sheets tucked in and a smoothed comforter.

Aug 8th 2006 edited

I have a pretty long tongue, but my arms are even longer... so no elbow licking for me. I can touch my nose with my tongue though. I was at the doctor getting a physical and the doctor said to try to touch my nose with my tongue. I surprised the hell at her when I actually did it. She said she had never actually seen someone succeed.

Just remembered something.. I can't eat a whole apple off the core, but I can eat a whole one and then some if it is in slices. I also will only eat raspberry flavored jam and yogurt.

Aug 8th 2006

Um... I'm 25 and kinda bald... More than a 25 year old should be! I also like to eat Nutella off the spoon... sometimes a whole jar in one sitting. Some people find that weird...

Aug 9th 2006 edited

Nutella off the spoon

Ah, Nutella...I never buy it because I'd do the same thing. Not weird...the stuff is jarred heaven.

and from earlier:

I can cross one eye at a time

That is just cool.

Aug 9th 2006 edited

Thanks! It's pretty gruesome, but my nieces and nephews love the one-eye cross.

Of course, I also did that at a party once in front of a guy whose ex-girlfriend was cross-eyed. Not a good move. So it's a trick best deployed with great caution.

Aug 9th 2006

I have food quirks. I only like Wise Ridgies potatoe chips. No other brand will do. I must have a bag or two in the pantry at all times. It has to be Wise and it has to be Ridgies. I also do not like coffee. Starbucks is lost on me. I must, however, have a glass of Carnation Instant Breakfast (rich milk chocolate) every morning. I buy it by the case at BJ's Wholesale Club.
Oh, and, yes, I tried to lick my elbow.

Aug 9th 2006 edited

Oh, Instant Breakfast. I love that. If I don't have time to eat a Pop-tart or Eggos.

Aug 9th 2006

How are you guys trying to get to your elbow?

I do it by putting my chin in the inner elbow first, then just rotating my arm and licking.

Aug 9th 2006 edited

Cool - instructions!

Still no can do.
all across the country, hundreds are oddly contorting themselves

Aug 9th 2006 edited

I actually tried it now. I'm sitting here alone with a small chance of others seeing me look wierd. Maybe Dan is just going to keep posting different strategies and laughing knowing that people across America are getting spit on their arms. Thanks, Dan.

Aug 9th 2006

Ok, I've fallen for the lick your elbow bit before, so I didn't fall for it, but after Dan's instructions...yeah I admit, I tried to do it. And I still can't.

Aug 9th 2006

I also do not like coffee.

I don't like coffee either PurseGirl. But I love the smell. I also don't care for any kind of cappucino or flavored coffees. Hot chocolate is about as close as I get to that.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 13
  12. >