Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
I have a four-toed foot: What are your quirks?
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13
  13. >
361 to 388 of 388
Mar 9th 2008

I just discovered this thread, and it feels like Christmas. If I celebrated Christmas.

They're like my radiators - they keep the rest of my body's temperature nice and regulated.

If my room/bed is cold, I will wear socks. If not, I won't. If I go to bed cold and become hot in the middle of the night, I'll wake up with my socks strewn across the floor. That's not a quirk, just what I do. A few years ago, one of my friends and I read that your feet and your head are the two places on your body that let out the most heat, so we figured if you walked around naked except for socks and a hat you'd be fine. For her next birthday, I gave her a pair of socks. Good times.

My thing with sleeping is that no matter how hot it is, I want to be covered up by some kind of blanket (and not just a sheet, either, something with a little more weight). This has been a problem in the summer because my room back home gets super hot and stuffy, so it sucks to sleep covered up, but I don't feel comfortable sleeping unless I can pull a blanket up to my chin. Same with showers-no matter how hot it is outside, I will not take a cold shower.

I can touch my nose with my tongue....for all the good it's done me.

I have a pretty long tongue, but it stops just short of my nostril.

I can raise both eyebrows individually. Same category.

Me too! I can actually do it pretty quickly, which amuses some people.

Also, I can lick my elbows.

That's called the pencil test. Passed that a long time ago.

Ditto

Double ditto.

And I don't know if these are quirks, but they're more like weird food things: I absolutely despise coffee, even though I used to work at Starbucks. Whenever someone tells me I should try their drink and they say "You won't even taste the coffee, I promise!"...I always do. I also hate ketchup. I used to love it as a kid and I put it on everything, but now I can't stand the taste.

And one more thing: almost every day, I pop both of my hips by lifting my leg up in this weird position that resembles a dog peeing on a hydrant. It takes two seconds and doesn't hurt or anything, but it's just something I've started doing so when I go to dance they don't pop in the middle of an exercise. Other people think it's weird, especially when I do it in the kitchen while my bagel is toasting.

Mar 9th 2008

The part of my brain that controls snappy comments just got fried.

Mar 9th 2008

I absolutely despise coffee. Probably because I used to work at Starbucks.

There. Fixed that for ya. :-)

I love cold showers on hot days. I can't just jump in when it's ice-cold. I have to start out with the water lukewarm. Then I'll gradually adjust it until the hot water's completely off and it's as cold as a mountain stream! Nothing is more refreshing when it's stifling hot. Awesome!

I hate feeling hot - can you tell?

And I can't pass the pencil test. I guess that means I'm succeeding at keeping my weight down.

Mar 10th 2008

You may find this quirky. It's winter, probably about -10 degrees (celcius) outside right now, but I'm inside, on my favourite forum, eating one of my favourite snacks; vanilla ice cream drizzled with real maple syrup. I strongly suggest you try it. And real Canadian maple syrup is the key, not that Aunt Jemima shizzle or the crap from Vermont.

Mar 10th 2008

Daoust is half-right:

The "Right" Half - Vanilla ice cream with real maple syrup is awesome.

The "Wrong" Half - Real maple comes from New England. Not from some commie/metric/Frog-speaking polar region way up somewhere in the Northern Mists.

Diss New England Maple again and I'll send the Boston Celtics up there to do a number on your ass!

I'd send the Patriots but...well...you know.

Mar 10th 2008

A la Wikipedia:

Maple syrup originates in northeastern North America, and is commonly associated with Quebec in Canada and Vermont in the U.S. Canada makes more than 80 percent of the world's maple syrup, producing about 7 million US gallons in 2005. The vast majority of this comes from Quebec: the province is by far the world's largest producer, with about 75 percent of the world production (6.515 million US gallons in 2005).

Vermont is the biggest U.S. producer, with 450,000 US gallons in 2007, followed by Maine with 225,000 US gallons and New York with 224,000 US gallons.

CANADA! CANADA! CANADA!

Mar 10th 2008 edited

Dude! We're talking quality, not quantity.

USA! USA! USA!

Mar 10th 2008

Do you even dare to suggest that the Poo.S.A could make better maple syrup than Canada? I seriously doubt it, and I will try to find information on maple syrup awards to prove it, biaaattchhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

CANADA!! CANADA!! CANADA!!

Mar 10th 2008

I'd like to point out that the two of you are arguing about syrup.

Also, USA! USA! USA!

Mar 10th 2008 edited

Hey, that's not fair to selectively quote like that and leave out important details. I put back what you omitted and bolded it...

Maple syrup originates in northeastern North America, and nude ice fishing is commonly associated with Quebec in Canada and is offensive to residents of Vermont in the U.S. Canada makes more than 80 percent of the world's maple syrup, producing about 7 million US gallons in 2005, though most of that is imported from the U.S. and relabeled. The vast majority of this comes from Quebec, a suburb of Plattsburgh, N.Y.: the province is by far the world's largest producer of lead-painted children's toys, with about 75 percent of the world production (6.515 million US gallons of lead toy paint in 2005).

Vermont is the biggest U.S. producer, with 450,000 US gallons in 2007, followed by Maine with 225,000 US gallons and New York with 224,000 US gallons. Canadian syrup is antifreeze by comparison to any of these.

Mar 10th 2008

Poo.S.A

And now we shall bomb you like a Middle Eastern French hospital.

Mar 10th 2008

Poo.S.A

I knew that would sting. And therefore the name stays.

I can't find any definitive information stating that one country's maple syrup has won more awards than another, but I think it's pretty obv that Canada would have to make better syrup d'erable than you Southern Canadians. I mean, seriously. Even you guys think Vermont and Maine are both pretty lame states. Am I right? Am I right?

Mar 10th 2008 edited

Hey, that's not fair to selectively quote like that and leave out important details. I put back what you omitted and bolded it...

Temp...Temp...Temp...Brian...Brian...Brian!

Mar 10th 2008 edited

I knew that would sting. And therefore the name stays.

Canadouche.

Even you guys think Vermont and Maine are both pretty lame states. Am I right? Am I right?

Yeah, well...

I hate "real" maple syrup, by the way. Aunt Jemima is so far superior to that tree blood you call syrup that anything else is an insult to your pancakes.

Temp...Temp...Temp...Brian...Brian...Brian!

...chugs...urp...

Mar 10th 2008

Aunt Jemima is so far superior to that tree blood you call syrup that anything else is an insult to your pancakes.

Hence forth maple syrup will be known as tree blood.

Mar 10th 2008 edited

Hence forth maple syrup will be known as tree blood.

Wow, major "lol"-ing on my part because of that declaration.

Mar 10th 2008

dear Canada,

your syrup rules!

jk lol

luv Amerixa

ps dont tell france but i liek you bttern Eur.

Mar 11th 2008

I wasn't hungry before. And I was gonna eat granola or something for breakfast. But, now I'm headed to the cafe for some french toast. I blame this thread where 7 hours ago there was discussion of syrup.

Mar 11th 2008

Ahem. Tree blood.

Mar 11th 2008

Ahem. Tree blood.

Only if it's the Real Deal. If it's that fake, inedible brown gunk Brian likes then it's still called syrup.

Or gloppy piss.

Mar 11th 2008 edited

I'm making tree blood right now. I have 50 gallons of maple sap sitting in my garage, courtesy of the 100 year old New York maple trees in my yard. When I get to 100 gallons, I'll start boiling it down. Should get me 2.5 gallons of syrup...err, tree blood.

And yes, it's way better than that Aunt Jemima dark-colored sugar concoction. And the maple syrup capital is obviously my backyard.

Mar 11th 2008

Jinx's yard! Jinx's yard! Jinx's yard!

Apr 7th 2008 edited

Big Tuna Fishing can fart at will. Contact her representation for booking.

Apr 7th 2008

My thing is that I'm right all.the.time. It's a curse.

Apr 7th 2008 edited

This Broadcast News quote is going out to Madge:

Paul Moore: It must be nice to always believe you know better, to always think you're the smartest person in the room.

Jane Craig: No. It's awful.

Apr 7th 2008

I loved that movie. I wanted to be her. But, thank god I'm not her.

Apr 7th 2008

You're not a small woman with a thick southern accent?

Apr 7th 2008

No, nor am I as tightly wound. Also, I would have chosen Tom over Aaron, but I would have felt guilty about it.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. 10
  10. 11
  11. 12
  12. 13