Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
It's no Armageddon, but...Movies We've Seen
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...
  13. 719
  14. >
181 to 210 of 21563
Jan 8th 2007

Wow. The last 7 hours of this thread? That was... wow.

Me: Pudding...something with pudding...

Jan 8th 2007 edited

I think you're on the case of pioneering actor Bill Cosby, best known for his groundbreaking work in Leonard, Leonard II: First Blood, Leonard III: The Revenge of the Bruce, Leonard IV: Braveheart, Leonard V: Leonard with a Vengance, and, of course, the piƩce de resistance: Leonard, Part VI, in which Leonard famously had his brother Sonny whacked on a frigid day in the Sierras.

Jan 9th 2007

DFTF you never fail to make me laugh out loud at least once per day. Again, congrats to Mrs. Fromthefuture.

Jan 9th 2007

When, oh when, will there be Leonard, Part VII?

Answer: never...

Jan 9th 2007

As for photogs in the bushes -- I think both Lindsay and Britney wax.

Jan 9th 2007

As for photogs in the bushes -- I think both Lindsay and Britney wax.

Oh, Pan, no you didn't! Is it possible to laugh hysterically and barf a little bit at the same time? Apparently, yes, it is.

Jan 9th 2007

I think ST's right. Pudding...something with pudding.

Jan 13th 2007

Okay, Mrs FromtheFuture & I just got back from Children of Men. I have not the time to spill a lot of words over it at the moment, and frankly, I'm not sure I could come up with them right now. Suffice it to say:

Best. Movie. Ever.

Jan 13th 2007

Well, I just watched the Hollywood (2005) version of Pride & Prejudice tonight. I think it was mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread. Mr. Culturally Explicit (ok, well that sounds weird) is out with the guys tonight so I thought I would finally rent the newer non-BBC, non-Colin Firth [sniff sniff] version. And, well, maybe I was looking for something romantic to get me through these months waiting for another really good JAM scene I don't know...

But anyway, I really, really enjoyed the movie...well, I was enjoying it until the end anyway. The tension build-up was phenomenal and this Mr. Darcy was also haughty, and brooding, and wonderful (okay, not Colin Firth, but a pretty acceptable substitute). Only problem was the absence of a dramatic, passionate kiss during the pivotal scene. And thus the movie was ruined entirely for me I think. I feel jipped to say the least.

Ah well...

Jan 13th 2007 edited

Okay, Mrs FromtheFuture & I just got back from Children of Men. I have not the time to spill a lot of words over it at the moment, and frankly, I'm not sure I could come up with them right now. Suffice it to say:Best. Movie. Ever.

Interesting Dwightfromthefuture. I also, just got home from Children of Men. Would you say it's an accurate representation of future events? (shudders) At this time, I too, in addition, feel the same. That you are. As well. Well, as far as not having enough words to describe said movie at this time. I read the book a long time ago, and suffice it to say, I think I reacted the same way I did to 1984. Strange fascination, but at the same time, supreme relief that it was in fact, fiction.

Also, Culturally Explicit, I too also watched Pride and Prejudice, despite my recent statements against said remake. I'm not sure either about my feelings for this movie, except that I'm positive that it increased my revulsion for Keira Knightley. And I also noticed the lack of pivotal kiss. It was quite a let down.

Jan 14th 2007

I and Mrs., err, Brian (?) finally finished Pride and Prejudice last night. It took us a week to pop it in again, but only because life is crazy these days. Anyway, she hated it, thought it was too slow and had trouble with the accents. I agreed it was way too slow, but I thought Kiera Knightley was amazing, as was Donald Sutherland, who got too little screen time (But hey, that's the way Jane wrote it, I guess.) You would think they would enunciate a little more than they did, given the accents and period language. Instead, there was a lot of mumbling, not that it was a huge problem for me, personally. Anyway, I think I liked looking at and listening to this movie more than watching it, if that makes sense.

In a similar vein of film, we popped in Talladega Nights the other night. After about 45 minutes, we popped it right back out again. That movie sucked. Will Ferrell - boring. Sacha Baron Cohen - not funny. John C. Reilly - well, he's always great. It was just stupid, and not stupid funny, which is my taste. I loved Anchorman, for instance. I did not love this.

Jan 23rd 2007

I have a confession to make. It'll raise me in the esteem of some of you...the rest of you...I'll be dead to you. Here it goes:

I like The Three Amigos

Jan 23rd 2007 edited

So, I finally watched both Anchorman and Talladaga Nights on New Years Eve. I could not stand Anchorman. Only time I laughed was at the little endnote about Steve's character working for the Bush administration in the future. And the dog was cute.

Then my mom and I weren't even sure if we wanted to watch Talladaga, since we disliked the first movie so much, but we put it in anyway, and we were in hysterics the whole way through. It was very odd. I think the first movie had too much David Kochener in it. He was in Talladega, too, but for less time. Too much of him makes me uncomfortable. (Every time I watch him insult Jim or Phyllis in Sexual Harassment I get very angry.)

Oh, and Pride and Prejudice- I am very glad I saw the Hollywood one first, because I enjoyed it, but now that I've seen the miniseries I could never go back.

Jan 23rd 2007

Did I just hear correctly that Little Miss Sunshine is up for the Best Picture Oscar? I didn't see it so I can't judge if that makes sense. But the only movie I saw in a theater last year might have been Borat. I can't judge any of them.

Jan 23rd 2007 edited

Yeah, you did -- according to imdb, Little Miss Sunshine was nominated for best picture, and Alan Arkin was nominated for best supporting actor.

edit: And Abby Breslin (Olive) was nominated for best supporting actress. She was good and all, for a kid, but this seems like one of those, "Congratulations, kid! You don't sound like a Speak-n-Spell when you read your lines!" nominations, to me. Toni Collette would have been a better choice.

Jan 23rd 2007

aww, I thought Abigail Breslin did a great job! I loved her in Signs, too. But I think Jennifer Hudson will probably win the Oscar.

Jan 23rd 2007

Who will Scorcese lose to this year? If Clint Eastwood wins another best director Oscar I'll kill someone. Most over-rated directer EVER!

Jan 23rd 2007

Most over-rated directer EVER!

Seriously.

Jan 23rd 2007

Long Tim, my childhood best friend and I managed to keep a 15-year streak of eating chips and salsa and watching "The Three Amigos." Sadly we now live too far away, but it was sweet while it lasted.

Needless to say, I love the flick.

Jan 23rd 2007

Long Tim, my childhood best friend and I managed to keep a 15-year streak of eating chips and salsa and watching "The Three Amigos."

For fifteen years you did this? A lot of things must have fallen by the wayside in that time.

Jan 23rd 2007

Long Tim,

I LOVE the 3 Amigos too. In my top 10 movies & probably in my top 5 of movies I can watch a "plethora" of times & still enjoy. Even went as 1 (of 3) Amigos for Halloween in 2001...we even mastered the "my little butter cup" number. I was Ned as I am 5'3".

Jan 23rd 2007

I know that movie as I know my own smell.

Yes -- it was quite a streak, quite a streak.

Jan 23rd 2007

When I was a kid I always felt sorry for Dusty (Chevy Chase) because the other two Amigos got some fine looking ladies but Dusty just got to be a hero to a little kid. I still kinda feel he got gypped.

Jan 23rd 2007

"I like the one who's not so smart." "Which one is that?"

Oohhhhhh movies. :)

Jan 23rd 2007

I was introduced to The Three Amigos by some kids I was sitting one time. Best babysitting day ever!
Are gringos falling from the sky?
Yes, El Guapo.

Jan 24th 2007 edited

Last night, I watched Elvis' '68 Comeback Special. :) In the first 2 minutes, he had shaken his hair loose. I also missed the Office. :(

Jan 24th 2007

So, my boyfriend dragged me to see 'The Hitcher' (don't see it! it sucks) because I owed him for going to see 'Dreamgirls' and 'The Holiday' (for John Krasinski's 30-sec appearances) and he is sort of obsessed with Sean Bean. Anyway, the only redeeming thing about seeing the movie was that there was a preview for the movie 'Hot Fuzz', a UK flick from the same director as 'Shaun of the Dead (great movie!) Stephen Merchant showed up for a brief moment and I literally pointed and yelled (there were only 3 other people in the theater though).

Jan 24th 2007

I'm pretty excited about Hot Fuzz. Shaun of the Dead even had Martin Freeman (ever-so-briefly), so there's an Office connection, too.

Jan 25th 2007 edited

Dwight from the Future

Abigail Breslin is wonderful in Little Miss Sunshine. The scene she did in the hotel with Alan Arkin is outstanding. It brings tears to my eyes every time. I think the nom is well-deserved.

Jan 25th 2007

I didn't say I thought she was bad. I said I thought Toni Collette was better. I also think there's a tendency to give nominations to kids if they're cute and even halfway competent. Call it Dakota Fanning Syndrome. Geez.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. 10
  12. ...