Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
It's no Armageddon, but...Movies We've Seen
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 709
  5. 710
  6. 711
  7. 712
  8. 713
  9. 714
  10. 715
  11. 716
  12. ...
  13. 719
  14. >
21361 to 21390 of 21556
Jun 27th 2013

I'd have lunch with you any day.

In Captain Jack's voice

He's just sucking up...

Jun 27th 2013

Sometimes it's as simple as this: You know what? I had a nice car once, and the doors kept getting dinged real bad because I kept parking too close to other people Now I kind of have a phobia about it...can you just humor me and park in a really open space?

As opposed to:
Do you not care about your car? You're going to get a big dent and we can't afford to get it fixed now. My dad didn't have money either and he always took care of his car, you just have to pay attention to where you park. If I wasn't here you'd probably try to squeeze into that space.

See, my problem with this is that either way, the take home message I'd get is: You don't know how to park. You must be an idiot.

There's helpful advice and then there is just being a know it all. I don't need advice on minor stuff like this. I've managed to make it this far without it and someone giving me that advice and then getting pissed when I ignore them would make me do the exact opposite. Same thing with telling me not to get upset over something trivial. Sure, it's ridiculous to yell at the moronic drivers around me, but it helps me blow off steam and it's never directed at anyone in the car. Just let me call them a poopyhead.

Jun 27th 2013

Exactly. Buscemi is the best character in that movie.

DftF, no matter what you say I refuse to believe you're some kind of enormous dick that hates all people and thinks he's better than everyone. I think you're an extremely smart, no bullshit writer who suffers from that horrible see-sawing of self-confidence and ego that happens when you have to lay bare your soul for living. You have no problem finding dates, but, long-term, you just need another strong personality that doesn't mind riding a see-saw from time to time.

Jun 27th 2013

And that's my totally unasked for presumptuous know-it-all opinion.

Same thing with telling me not to get upset over something trivial.

It shortens your lifespan. All that stress bouncing around. When you get a flat tire, who cares? It's just a flat tire! Yes it sucks, but it's not anyone's fault, man. Laugh about how ridiculous it is that it would happen on your first day of your new job and move on. There's no one to be mad at!

Jun 27th 2013

that doesn't mind riding a see-saw from time to time.

Nice.

And I agree with A. You're not fooling me, either, sir.

Jun 27th 2013

Don't worry, DftF. I think you're a tremendous dick.

Jun 27th 2013 edited

It shortens your lifespan. All that stress bouncing around. When you get a flat tire, who cares? It's just a flat tire! Yes it sucks, but it's not anyone's fault, man. Laugh about how ridiculous it is that it would happen on your first day of your new job and move on. There's no one to be mad at!

You know what's going to make me even angrier? Someone telling me not to get angry. Although, a flat tire wouldn't really upset me. I'm more upset with the idiot who's driving 5 mph under the speed limit in the left lane with 25 cars backed up behind him.

Jun 27th 2013

Pipe down, DC, that's nothing to fret over.

Sure, it's ridiculous to yell at the moronic drivers around me, but it helps me blow off steam and it's never directed at anyone in the car. Just let me call them a poopyhead.

However, I totally get this.

I'm not sure I should comment on the tremendous dick. Ladies be discreet.

Jun 27th 2013

Pipe down, DC, that's nothing to fret over.

passive-aggressively glares at TTP

Jun 27th 2013

Don't worry, DftF. I think you're a tremendous dick.

Well, I certainly have a tremendous dick.

You know what's going to make me even angrier? Someone telling me not to get angry.

Yep.

Jun 27th 2013 edited

You know what's going to make me even angrier? Someone telling me not to get angry.

Yep.

You guys need to calm the hell down.

Jun 27th 2013

p

Jun 27th 2013

Cool, a man made of a bunch of peas stuck together.

Jun 27th 2013 edited

I don't ever tell him not to get mad. Okay, well maybe sometimes I do. But most of the time I'm just laughing and it makes him madder for some totally bizarre reason.

Road rage is a totally different thing. I endorse that sans actually doing anything other than cussing at the guy.

Jun 27th 2013

really? I drove us 20 miles here, and I need direction on which entrance to use?

This was a while back, but I think about this kind of thing all the time. Like to a distracting level. If I'm sitting in the living room, and need to get up and do 3 or 4 things, I'll plan out the best order to do it all before moving. I probably waste a lot of time planning. (But I make it up when I go to do those things.)

I can see mentioning, sort of "if we go in this one, and out that one, we'll be aimed right to go to the gas station, and we won't have to turn around! be sure to pull through right here!" but I don't think it'd matter much if the driver didn't do it - they're the one in control of speed and safety and lives.

Man, I had to wade through a lot of crap to post my hilarious joke.

Worth it.

The Billion Reasons Why Roadhouse Is Awesome.

What's Roadhouse?

Cool, a man made of a bunch of peas stuck together.

Mmm. Peas.

But most of the time I'm just laughing and it makes him madder for some totally bizarre reason.

I love it when people laugh at me when I'm mad. It breaks up the anger and I can usually snap out of it. When people get mad at me for being mad, I get even angrier and a fight ensues. Just laugh.

Aug 8th 2013

I just saw The Sapphires, which is about a soul-singing group of Aboriginal cousins who toured in Vietnam for the soldiers. Yeah, it sounds weird. But it's a sweet movie and Chris O'Dowd is in it and is charming and the girls are pretty and it's super sweet. Rent it on netflix. You'll probably like it.

And it's kind of about racism.

I know, it sounds weird. But it's super good.

Sep 16th 2013

I saw The Way, Way Back over the weekend. It was written by Jim Rash (Dean Pelton on Community) and Nat Faxon, who both have small parts. It also has Steve Carell, Toni Collette, Allison Janney, and a few really talented kids. I really enjoyed it and you should all see it.

Sep 16th 2013

I just netflixed it, Nerf. Thanks!

Sep 16th 2013

I missed that at the movies. Thanks for the heads up that it's already on Netflix.

We saw "Still Mine" the other night. Very affecting movie about an independent retiree fighting bureaucracy while trying to care of his mentally fading wife. James Cromwell was great!

Sep 16th 2013

Well, I "saved" it. Haha.

Sep 16th 2013

I just netflixed it, Nerf. Thanks!

How does that work?

My co-worker, no joke, just told me she signed up for Netflix for the first time. So many jokes went through my head. Like the above one. Or tell 2007 I said hi. I just congratulated her.

Sep 16th 2013

And you guys think I live in a backwards place.

Sep 16th 2013

just told me she signed up for Netflix for the first time.

Ask her how to re-organize your queue. Count how many times she uses the word "awesome".

Sep 17th 2013

She actually said she thought it was just DVDs in the mail. Wait until she finds out about the Internet.

On a related note, I signed up for two free months of Hulu+. It sucks. I already have Amazon Prime and Netflix and don't find a ton to watch at either. But man, there's never anything I want to see on Hulu+.

Sep 17th 2013

I'd love to see New Girl the day after it airs. But that's not worth 8 bucks a month to me. I mean, I have a tivo now, in case I forget it's on.

Sep 17th 2013

Netflix online never has anything I want to watch either. Where are all the good movies?

Sep 17th 2013

At Blockbuster.

Sep 17th 2013

I'm vaguely interested in New Girl, and I've kind of liked a few episodes of The Mindy Project. Neither has me rushing to sign up long-term for another streaming service.

Sep 17th 2013

If you already have netflix, you can watch Season 1. I might have done so myself a couple of weekends ago. It's a good show.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 709
  5. 710
  6. 711
  7. 712
  8. 713
  9. 714
  10. 715
  11. 716
  12. ...