Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
It's no Armageddon, but...Movies We've Seen
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 710
  5. 711
  6. 712
  7. 713
  8. 714
  9. 715
  10. 716
  11. 717
  12. ...
  13. 719
  14. >
21391 to 21420 of 21563
Sep 17th 2013

The first two seasons of New Girl are now on Netflix. I watched a few episodes a couple of months ago. Good show, but I can't be bothered to catch up on 40+ episodes.

Sep 17th 2013

I finally watched a few because Toosie likes the show so much, and now I'm just in love with it. Very witty and enjoyable.

Sep 17th 2013 edited

We've been watching New Girl also. I'm really enjoying it.

We still get discs from Netflix. We finally got internet at home last spring, but it's pretty unreliable, and I'm pretty cheap, so I'm not going to spring for the extra $4 or whatever for streaming.

Sep 17th 2013

We finally got internet at home last spring

Do you dial up to local bulletin boards with your 2400 baud modem?

Sep 17th 2013

I wish!

Actually, we use one of these bad boys. However, cell phone reception at our house is also spotty, so we end up walking around the house until we get a decent signal.

We did stream the Office finale, but it probably took twice as long because it kept stopping, and then every time it restarted we had to watch the same two annoying ads.

Sep 17th 2013

I finally watched a few because Toosie likes the show so much, and now I'm just in love with it. Very witty and enjoyable.

Awesome! I'm glad I could positively influence your life. Ha!

We still get discs from Netflix. We finally got internet at home last spring, but it's pretty unreliable, and I'm pretty cheap, so I'm not going to spring for the extra $4 or whatever for streaming.

We have the "both" plan. There's lots of stuff you can rent and not stream. Elvis movies, for one. And I still haven't seen that old Lindsay Lohan movie, Mean Girls. It was supposed to be good.

Sep 17th 2013

We finally got internet at home last spring

Now you have someplace to store your manifesto!

Sep 17th 2013

There's lots of stuff you can rent and not stream.

I remember knowing this when streaming first came along, but I realized fairly recently that DVDs now occupy the same space in my life as CDs, which is to say nowhere prominent.

Sep 22nd 2013

Paul came on USA Friday night, I caught it starting right around (I'm guessing) the middle (they're all dancing around to "Got to Give It Up," for anyone who knows the film). It was very winning and charming (as just about anything with Simon Pegg and Nick Frost in the leads is). Definitely recommend it, even on the "edited for TV" version

Oct 15th 2013

Gravity and Captain Phillips are very good movies.

Nov 10th 2013

Last night TCM aired Disco Godfather, which is the story of Michael Corleone's attempts to corner the disco market in America with sad Nina Rote music and dour facial expressions.

Actually, it's a pretty bad (as in "bad," not "baaaaad!") blaxploitation flick from '79, starring Rudy Ray Moore. I watched only about ten or twenty minutes in the middle of the film, because it came on at two in the morning and I wanted to get some rest. But I saw enough to have a whole ton of questions about how anything about this "movie" is "classic" (apart from the fact that it's unintentionally hilarious). I eagerly urge you to get it on Netflix now, because you will be howling with laughter. Also, you will be confused as to how this got made at all. But mostly laughing.

Nov 10th 2013

Yes, I'm a life long Redford fan, but All is Lost is fantastic.

Hardly any dialogue, one actor, a boat, and the ocean. Riveting.

Nov 12th 2013

Hardly any dialogue, one actor, a boat, and the ocean. Dull.

There, fixed that for ya

Incognito!

Nov 26th 2013

I see that Larry the Cable Guy will be in the new Tyler Perry movie. I'm ready to join the doomsday-preppers movement now...

Dec 29th 2013

I haven't posted in a long time, but this is an urgent message that must be passed on to anyone who still reads the board:

Anchorman 2 is HORRIBLE.

Dec 29th 2013

Interesting. After all the hype it sure seemed to fall off the map. Now I know why.

Dec 30th 2013

I am unsurprised. It felt like a bad idea, but I hoped otherwise.

Dec 30th 2013

I love Will Ferrell and think he's extremely funny. I also love dumb, sophomoric humor. Still, Anchorman didn't even generate a chuckle out of me. I kept thinking maybe something is wrong with my sense of humor.

Glad to hear that my sense of humor is doing fine. I still think your moms are a riot, after all. However, I don't think I'll be seeing Anchorman 2.

Dec 30th 2013 edited

I wasn't a big fan of the first Anchorman, but I thought the new one was pretty dang funny. And there was actually a story.

I thought American Hustle was fantastic entertainment. Great ensemble cast. I enjoyed it more than any movie I've seen all year.

Hanks' performance in Captain Phillips definitely deserves a nomination for the AA. Good movie.

Dec 30th 2013

I looked at a list of top movies of 2013 earlier. I'd barely heard of 1/3 of them.

Dec 31st 2013

Ferrell had noted that, although he was well known for his SNL impersonation of President George W. Bush, he chose, for both professional and political reasons, not to meet the President on several occasions, unlike his SNL predecessor Dana Carvey's famous relationship with George H. W. Bush: "I declined, partly out of comedic purposes, because when I was on the show Saturday Night Live at the time, it didn't make sense to really meet the people that you play, for fear of them influencing you. And then the other side of it is, from a political standpoint, I don't want to meet that guy."

Reason enough to love Will Ferrell. And I thought Anchorman 2 was a hoot.

Dec 31st 2013

That's also why the guy who played Hitler in The Producers didn't want to meet Hitler. Oh, and also that Hitler was dead.

Mar 2nd 2014

So, we watched Moonrise Kingdom last night. God, I hate Wes Anderson movies.

Mar 10th 2014

So, we watched Moonrise Kingdom last night. God, I hate Wes Anderson movies.

I take it this wasn't your first Wes Anderson movie (and if so, why do you torture yourself by watching more than one?). I love his films, I haven't gotten around to MK yet but I always find his films interesting even if they're not as good as Rushmore or Royal Tenenbaums (my two faves). If you keep watching his films expecting him to turn down the whimsy, you are fooling yourself ;-)

Mar 10th 2014

I was not responsible for it going on our Netflix queue. I keep trying to see the merit in his films, but they just annoy the bejesus out of me. One recognizable human being would be nice.

Mar 10th 2014

I want to punch someone just knowing there's a filmmaker out there for whom "whimsy" is a priority.

Mar 11th 2014

I want to punch someone just knowing there's a filmmaker out there for whom "whimsy" is a priority.

You'll have to catch me first! (trips over unlaced shoelace, falls down in a heap of angst and melancholy)

Mar 27th 2014 edited

Hey, I liked Moonrise Kingdom! . But other than that…

I watched two movies over my recent spring break. The first was The Iron Lady starring Meryl Streep about Margaret Thatcher. An okay bio-pic about the former British PM. Nothing really flashy or fancy about the movie or the story. But I was watching it with my mom, and I think the main goal of watching a movie with your mom is to get through it without having to see boobs or hear 500 f-bombs. Maybe that's not a big deal with you guys and your moms, but it is with this guy. So that was a success.

The second movie was American Hustle. (Which we watched without my mom). As the final credits rolled, I said out loud to my brother "That was the longest movie I think I have ever seen". It wasn't really that long, but it felt long… … … yep. The story was okay, I guess. Just didn't really bowl me over. I thought Jennifer Lawrence was good, but totally did not think that was an Oscar worthy performance. Christian Bale was the real performance worth watching. Really really good.

Anyone else see any good ones?

Mar 27th 2014

I will be watching Silver Linings Playbook tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Mar 27th 2014

it felt long

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 710
  5. 711
  6. 712
  7. 713
  8. 714
  9. 715
  10. 716