Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
It's no Armageddon, but...Movies We've Seen
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 711
  5. 712
  6. 713
  7. 714
  8. 715
  9. 716
  10. 717
  11. 718
  12. 719
  13. >
21481 to 21510 of 21563
Apr 29th 2014

Exactly. I bet the NFL has that for players and owners. Being publicly awful is bad business. Forget the fans and players. They need to keep sponsors happy.

Sterling learned a lesson. If you are racist, you'll be attacked with the North. And guess where the league offices are.

Apr 29th 2014

Being publicly awful is bad business. Forget the fans and players. They need to keep sponsors happy.

Thank goodness big corporations are leading the way on fighting racism.

Apr 29th 2014

Corporations get it. After all, they're people too.

May 1st 2014

You can ban people for being detrimental to the game, usually this comes up in baseball (Black Sox, Pete Rose).

May 1st 2014

Black Sox

You are so racist.

May 2nd 2014 edited

So, to recap the winners and losers here:

Winners:
* Clippers fans who now have some hope their team will keep not sucking for a while.
* Clippers players, for the same reason, though their checks cash the same, regardless.
* Sterling, who will make between $600 million and $900 million on a team he bought for $16 million.
* Silver, for doing what everybody in the universe wanted, possibly including Sterling, and somehow making it look like he made the tough choice.

Losers:
* V. Stiviano, who will revert to obscurity pending any criminal or civil actions initiated against her for illegal wiretapping.
* Oprah Winfrey, for buying in an up market.

May 2nd 2014

Magic Johnson and Matt Kemp won, because now they can finally go to a Clippers game.

Canada lost, because...well, just because.

May 2nd 2014

Don't forget Cliven Bundy, who is no longer the face of racism in America.

May 2nd 2014

Hmmm...DC says that Cliven Bundy is a big winner!

May 2nd 2014

For the record, I never thought that Cliven Bundy was a hero...even before he was exposed as a racist. All the "conservative" shows were lauding him, and showing photos of him with an American flag, and I'm thinking...maybe you're trying to make a point about government overreach, and buying land...but the fact is, this guy is just trying to get away with not paying taxes that everyone else has to.

So Jinx...big winner.

May 2nd 2014

Hmmm...DC says that Cliven Bundy is a big winner!

Only in the sense that he is no longer on the front page of every paper in America.

maybe you're trying to make a point about government overreach, and buying land...but the fact is, this guy is just trying to get away with not paying taxes that everyone else has to.

Yeah. I didn't get it either. The government has been trying for 20 years to get this guy to pay up, using every legal means available and he refused. What exactly were they supposed to do?

May 5th 2014

As The Daily Show and Colbert pointed out, Bundy says he doesn't recognize the existence of the American government even as he's flying the emblem of said government (i.e., the flag). That should've been the first clue that this guy is not worthy of Reagan-level gushing on the part of conservatives...

Jun 12th 2015

Today I did something I never do (go to a movie the day it opens), and something I haven't done in years and years (see a 3D movie). I saw Jurassic World, which was great. I wasn't really expecting to like it, but I thought it was great. Maybe it was slightly cliche in a few parts, but it was still very good.

There were tons of TV stars in it (Kitty from Arrested Development. David Wallace. The nephew from Melissa and Joey. Nick from New Girl. Andy. Probably others.) I loved all the characters - Chris Pratt was the best - I'd watch any movie with him, I think.

And the 3D effects were super fun! I haven't seen a 3D movie since I was a kid, with the Red/Blue glasses... this way was just better. I don't especially like to go to the movies... but it was really fun. I might should do it more often.

We realized after we got tickets that Spy was out, too. We might have to go back to see that.

I don't care at all about the Minion things from Despicable Me, but the preview for it had great 3D-ness... Dad said that animation allows for it, more easily than the video, naturally. I might just go see a stupid kids movie, just to watch dumb little yellow guys fly off the screen. Haha

Jun 12th 2015

We don't go to the movies that often, unless it's something that you have to see on a big screen, like Jurassic World. Glad to hear it doesn't suck.

I'd love to be Chris Pratt's agent right now.

Jun 13th 2015

Chris Pratt was the best - I'd watch any movie with him, I think.

Yep. We can't wait to see it. Next weekend, though, on the drive-in screen so not 3D.

Jun 15th 2015

Chris Pratt was the best - I'd watch any movie with him, I think.

We recently watched Guardians of the Galaxy. It was strangely entertaining. I don't think I would have liked it if Chris Pratt hadn't been in it.

Apr 10th 2016 edited

MISS saw "A Little Help" five years ago and thought it was only ok. That's why I waited until last night, still in a minor fog of Office/NA nostalgia and the wife out of town, to rent it.

Not a great movie, but interesting. If it had a point, I don't think it managed to make it. But Jenna Fischer looked good and acted great.

Check back later when I'll be reviewing "Forty Year Old Virgin," the second Hangover and The Grass Roots' debut LP.

Apr 10th 2016

I don't remember ever hearing about that movie. Huh.

Apr 17th 2016 edited

I have absolutely no recollection of that movie. Guess I should follow the link.

Okay, I followed the link and still have no idea what that movie is. Life is weird.

Apr 17th 2016 edited

I did a Google image search for this movie, and this came up:

http://i.imgur.com/AohT8hd.jpg

Apr 17th 2016

That'll work.

Apr 17th 2016

http://i.imgur.com/AohT8hd.jpg

That has 7,518 views. And now I am one of them.

Apr 28th 2016

As am I. And I still don't remember it.

Apr 29th 2016

That has 7,518 views. And now I am one of them.

I am...more than one of them.

May 2nd 2016

That is really nice.

May 3rd 2016

Imagine the reaction to that clip in 2006 or 2007.

May 19th 2016

I'm still reeling in The Office nostalgia too being it's my 10 year anniversary here. I feel so old.
I've been rewatching the UK version which is still brilliant. Sigh.

I saw "A Little Help" a couple of years ago and I absolutely loved it. It was on Netflix then. I guess I saw it twice. Yep, I saw it twice.

I miss you guys

May 19th 2016

Hi TO101! Great to see you again. I haven't even logged in here since Christmas or so, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to log in to say hey. No offence intended, you hangers-on who've been regularly checking in! You know I love you. 😬 Just this week I was reading through the God thread, and really appreciating your thoughtful posts there. I admit, I was/am strongly biased to your viewpoint, so that played a part. Anyway, trust you're well. And the rest of you all, too. I've been reminiscing a lot lately myself, with this 10 ten year anniversary stuff happening. Can't believe so much time has passed!

May 19th 2016

I feel so old.

Rookie.

May 20th 2016

Can't believe so much time has passed!

What time zone are you in? It feels far.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 711
  5. 712
  6. 713
  7. 714
  8. 715
  9. 716
  10. 717
  11. 718
  12. 719