Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
It's no Armageddon, but...Movies We've Seen
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 711
  5. 712
  6. 713
  7. 714
  8. 715
  9. 716
  10. 717
  11. 718
  12. 719
  13. >
21511 to 21540 of 21556
May 31st 2016

CCT: Crazy Canadian Time - Did you know that he always got to watch TO an hour before the rest of us?

May 31st 2016

Nope. Didn't know, didn't care, kinda care now, though. Huh.

Jun 2nd 2016

How'd they have the Canadian subtitles ready that early?

Jun 2nd 2016

The Canadian version was A LOT different:

Jim Halpert: Hey, can I talk to you aboot something?

Pam Beesley: Aboot when you want to give me more of your money?

Jim Halpert: I was just... I'm in love with you, eh?

Pam Beesley: [No longer smiling] Sorry?

Jim Halpert: I'm really sorry if that's weird for you to hear, but I needed you to hear it. Probably not good timing, eh?

Pam Beesley: [Stunned] Sorry!

Jim Halpert: I just needed you to know. Sorry.

Pam Beesley: Well, I... I... I'm sorry.

Jim Halpert: Sorry.

Jun 7th 2016

Still not polite enough.

Sep 10th 2016 edited

We just rented Trouble With the Curve, starring Clint Eastwood and Amy Adams. Baseball movies have a low bar to clear, I think. Just make them sappy enough (hi there Field of Dreams), and they don't even have to be plausible. This was plausible but really poorly written. The dialogue was so on the nose and unsubtle. It was like someone who didn't like baseball set out to make a baseball movie armed with Baseball for Dummies.also, there were at least two last-minute plot devices to bail out an otherwise meandering story. But the leads' acting was great, and Justin Timberlake was even passable. But what was funny to me was how many times Amy Adams made an expression that reminded me of Jenna Fischer. I thought more than once that she really is Pam 2.0.

Sep 11th 2016

I found Trouble With the Curve to be really hackneyed and dull. You could see where it was going a mile away.

Sep 30th 2016

Do you know what movie was really really good? St. Vincent. You're welcome.

Sep 30th 2016

YOU GUYS. I HAVE SEEN SO MANY MOVIES SINCE I WAS HERE LAST TIME.

Sep 30th 2016

I've never even heard of St Vincent. What is it?

Sep 30th 2016 edited

It is a Bill Murray movie about a mean old man. It also has the woman from The Ring in a role that is very out of the norm for her.

Sep 30th 2016

YOU GUYS. I HAVE SEEN SO MANY MOVIES SINCE I WAS HERE LAST TIME.

I REALLY want to like this post.

Sep 30th 2016

I keep wanting to like things in these threads, including your comment.

Were we doing +1 when we were here? Or "this"?

Sep 30th 2016

Also, it's funny how if we were on FB, I never would have been able to remember your handle, but seeing it I know exactly who you are.

Sep 30th 2016

Were we doing +1 when we were here? Or "this"?

This.

Also, it's funny how if we were on FB, I never would have been able to remember your handle, but seeing it I know exactly who you are.

Didn't you shorten yours for a while? DftF?

Sep 30th 2016

I haven't been here since 2013, and I've seen few movies since then, at least in the theater. The last theater movie I saw was the newest Ice Age movie, in 3D. It was good in a 3D kids' movie kind of way.

Sep 30th 2016
  1. I just tried to "like" that.
  2. I think I had an alternate account called DftF Schrutespace, which I used on my work laptop. God, the old days.
Sep 30th 2016

Where was I in my life when I stopped coming here? It was long after I quit watching the show. Maybe when I was living in NYC? I was very busy then.

Sep 30th 2016

I think it was. I remember talking about some of your Moth engagements here.

Sep 30th 2016

Right. I eventually ended up working for the Moth. Then quitting. Then telling stories at the PDX version, which was something they talked explicitly about not wanting to do when I worked there, because they didn't want to dilute the brand.

Sep 30th 2016

Was the PDX version new then? I didn't realize it was like a franchise.

Sep 30th 2016 edited

When I was working there (4 years ago now, at least), we were doing shows in NYC, Chicago, Detroit, and Los Angeles. We were talking about franchising out to other places, but they were super worried about it just becoming a hipster thing that was in every place where people wore skinny jeans. At some point after I left, they clearly abandoned that worry, because it's now in St Paul, Seattle, PDX, San Francisco, Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, and a zillion other places.

Oct 1st 2016

DwightfromtheFuture

I wanted to DM when we were in Portland for some tips (instead of a comment thread), but I was trying to figure out what name to use to address you. Then I thought "Hey, I'll just use his NA handle and came up with a complete blank. I almost checked myself in for a neurological exam.

Oct 1st 2016 edited

I saW Finding Dory. And a Star Wars flick. Might've been new, or a remake.

Oct 1st 2016

We just watched The Imitation Game. (It has been added to Netflix recently.) It stars Benedict Cumberbatch. It is mostly the story of the cracking of the Enigma during World War II. It is very good, as I'm sure you're probably aware, even if you haven't seen it. There was quite a bit of talk when it came out.

But I had no idea...Human beings do such deplorable, brutal, vulgar things to other human beings, over and over and over again. I am sick and sad.

Feb 25th 2017

Also wonderful movies that I have seen recently:

Hidden Figures because duh. Brilliant women mathematicians persisting.

Arrival because it was surprisingly poignant and sad in a way that I enjoy. It's about aliens, but it's not really.

Feb 25th 2017

I watched Arrival and liked it pretty well, but I kinda figured out the twist partway through.

SPOILERS
SPOILERS

I had sussed out that James Renner was the daughter's father, I just thought they were being very cagey and reserved about their present relationship because their past was so painful.

Feb 25th 2017

If you want to see a movie that I guarantee you'll either love or hate, I suggest Swiss Army Man, in which Paul Dano plays a man at the end of his rope, and Daniel Radcliffe plays a corpse. I kinda don't want to say any more about it, but it's the most bizarre and inventive movie I've seen in a long time, while simultaneously being completely jejeune and silly.

Feb 25th 2017

Oooh. That is intriguing. It is definitely going on the list.

the twist partway

I only figure things out about a minute before the drop usually. Twists don't normally sell the value of a movie for me, so figuring them out or not doesn't affect how I feel about it all.

Feb 25th 2017

Yeah, I think the movie would have been fine even if I'd known the twist going in. It kinda wasn't the point of the story.

The real problem is that I watched on my laptop and I kept letting myself get distracted. I wish I'd seen it in the theatre.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 711
  5. 712
  6. 713
  7. 714
  8. 715
  9. 716
  10. 717
  11. 718
  12. 719