Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
It's no Armageddon, but...Movies We've Seen
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 711
  5. 712
  6. 713
  7. 714
  8. 715
  9. 716
  10. 717
  11. 718
  12. 719
  13. >
21541 to 21556 of 21556
Feb 25th 2017 edited

I wish I'd seen it in the theatre.

Mr. A and I saw it on a date night and it was worth it.

Speaking of theatres, we are lucky to have a local membership-based theater that plays independent films. I've been able to go on a relatively frequent basis for the past year and I've realized that I really enjoy it. Those films, and films that are truly a better experience on the big screen (i.e. not Transformers or romcoms), are ones that actually feel worth the $$$ to me.

Feb 25th 2017

Me, too. If I never see another movie with skin tight suits in it I'll be fine.

Feb 25th 2017

I saw it on a date night at the movies, too. I didn't realize it was the twist, so much as the plot but I did really like the movie.

In other news, I've been having date nights. What's that even about? It seems crazy, but super fun.

Feb 25th 2017

In other news, I've been having date nights. What's that even about? It seems crazy, but super fun.

Sure, just drop that and then disappear.

Feb 25th 2017

Sure, just drop that and then disappear.

Exactly. I saw some post about some dude from your tumbler account and I don't tumble and I haven't gotten an IM from you on Facebook in ages, so I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ANY DUDES.

Feb 25th 2017

I'm sorry, I'm here.

I've been going out with this guy, who is a single dad (divorced, and the daughter spends maybe 2 or 3 nights a week with her mother). He's about 6 or 7 years older than me. 6 years, but his birthday's in January and mine's in November. So 7. I guess.

Anyway, we've been going out for 4 months (!) and just hanging out a lot and kissing some, and have done family stuff with each other's families. Just fun junk like that.

I was really nervous and scared to go out with him, at first, because of the kid thing. But it's really good and fine and less pressure with him, for all kinds of stuff, and I think it's at least partially because he is a little older than me (and other guys I've gone out with) and has a different perspective and has done all that stuff before. Like, all the stuff. Haha

I just think it's a good fit and might be something that lasts a long time. I mean, it seems like we both want a long term, real life thing, and I think that's the first step, if you both want the same thing...

Anyway. Oh! And he lives very nearby, which is good. And he's looking to buy a house in the fall or winter, and it's fun to suggest ideas for him and his little girl.

Only good things. <3

Feb 25th 2017

I saw some post about some dude from your tumbler account

I have no such info on my tumblr. Just reposts from webcomics & Humans of New York. That guy's in Argentina and is posting interesting anecdotes, as usual.

Feb 25th 2017

You jerks had better reply to me. I don't want to be the last poster on this site. I'll just spend eternity going through every page deleting my posts.

Feb 25th 2017

Anyway, we've been going out for 4 months (!) and just hanging out a lot and kissing some, and have done family stuff with each other's families. Just fun junk like that.

Sounds great.

I was really nervous and scared to go out with him, at first, because of the kid thing

I think the kid thing might be an advantage. It's certainly not always true, but having a kid can focus people's attention of what's important. Have fun.

Feb 25th 2017

I think the kid thing might be an advantage. It's certainly not always true, but having a kid can focus people's attention of what's important.

Now, I think so, too. Just then, it was intimidating. There's only been one day that was actually anything less than perfectly easy - we took his daughter and his cousin's son to McDonald's and the park. It was just so loud and wound up. I feel like that day required pro-level childcare skills and I'm basically entry-level.

Have fun.

Feb 25th 2017

I feel like that day required pro-level childcare skills and I'm basically entry-level.

Meh. You level up pretty quickly. Little kids aren't scary. They are just honest and want to be friends with everyone and for everyone to be nice to them. Pretty simple. It's exhausting to be constantly 'on' to help them with all the things they can't do themselves, but you get used to it.

And I wouldn't worry too much about the divorce thing either. (Not that you said you did.) There are lots of reasons why a marriage can go wrong and, surprisingly, a majority of them are not because there is something wrong with either person.

I think it's at least partially because he is a little older than me (and other guys I've gone out with) and has a different perspective

This continues to be a wonderful dynamic between me and Mr. A. He's ten years my senior (Well, 10 and almost 5 months) and when we met we both said, "Hey...I like that person!" to our respective friends and then both said, "EW!" when they told us how old the other was.

Then we ended up on a date six months later anyway. I've always gotten along better with older folks. It's good.

Feb 25th 2017

This is all good stuff, A. That is how it feels with the kid around, just that I have to be "on." She's a smart, sweet kid. I've met his ex wife and her boyfriend, and she's nice, don't have much of an opinion on the boyfriend, but then it's not like I need to.

It's just been fun. And I hope it lasts and lasts.

Feb 26th 2017

Kids require a lot of attention and energy, it's true, but after a while you might stop feeling like you have to be "on" all the time. After all, on some level they're just little people. You get used to each other. I spend a lot of time with my niece, and at first I always felt like I was performing the fun uncle role. But now sometimes we spend the whole afternoon together just watching movies or reading books and not talking at all, and she seems to really enjoy that, too.

Congrats on positive life stuff, by the way! (Ugh, I just used an exclamation point. Old DftF never would have used an exclamation point.)

Feb 26th 2017

after a while you might stop feeling like you have to be "on" all the time

I hope so. I've only been around her maybe 8 or 9 times though? And only one-on-one for about 20 minutes, once. That was nerve-wracking. Can you leave a 9 year old by herself in a Taco Bell while you wash Mountain Dew off your hand? I was unsure - she was going to come with me to the bathroom, but then, what about all our stuff? And food? Luckily her dad walked in and it was instantly resolved.

But now sometimes we spend the whole afternoon together just watching movies or reading books and not talking at all

I spent a silent afternoon with my uncle once, while our entire family (ies?) went to buy Christmas trees. My dad came back and was like, "He didn't say anything? The whole 3 hours?" It was fine with me, but maybe weird. I like uncles, and I'm glad you're branching out into other types of punctuation. Years later.

Mar 1st 2017

Can you leave a 9 year old by herself in a Taco Bell while you wash Mountain Dew off your hand?

Depends on the 9-year-old, but yes. It is developmentally appropriate to let a 9-year-old sit with the food while you take a quick bathroom trip. 9-years-old is a magical age where they make this big cognitive leap from believing everything an adult says to understanding more complicated stuff like Santa and white lies and stuff. Neuro-normative 9-year-olds anyway. All kids are different.

But now sometimes we spend the whole afternoon together just watching movies or reading books and not talking at all, and she seems to really enjoy that, too.

What a lovely gift for a kid, DftF. The understanding that not every moment has to be "a moment." No pressure, just relaxation and enjoyment. So many adults feel like you have to be doing something with a kid every single little minute. They are individuals, too. I know I like time to myself. They do, too.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. ...
  4. 711
  5. 712
  6. 713
  7. 714
  8. 715
  9. 716
  10. 717
  11. 718
  12. 719