Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Run - don't walk - to Little Miss Sunshine.
1 to 23 of 23
Aug 27th 2006

I just saw this last night. It was amazing. Seriously, this was a great, great movie. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it, but trust me you won't be disappointed. It's not only funny, it's really poignant. Steve did a great job in the kind of role I haven't seen him in before.

To those who have seen it, what did you think?

Aug 27th 2006

I saw it for the SECOND time tonight and loved it more than the first time. Great movie and Steve Carell is absolutely amazing. For good or bad, there is not a trace of "Michael Gary Scott" in "Uncle Frank" (his character in "Little Miss Sunshine"). The man deserves an award (do you hear that Emmy voters?)! :)

~ Lucy

Aug 27th 2006

I agree. I saw this movie a few weeks ago, and I was overly impressed with the entire movie, especially Carell's performance. After it was over, I genuinely wanted to see more of his character. I know it had a limited release, but everybody still needs to find a way to see it.

Aug 27th 2006

Little Miss Sunshine is easily the best film of the year. I laughed so hard the whole entire movie. I don't want to spoil it, but there's also one scene where I even started crying- just a fantastic movie.

Aug 29th 2006

Can I just say that I love how Steve Carell runs?

Aug 30th 2006

I have to agree. Fabulous movie. Steve Carell almost made me cry both from sympathy & laughter. The rest of the cast is great too! Best movie I've seen so far this year!

Aug 20th 2008

I've never seen this movie.

Aug 20th 2008

You bored, Toosie?

Aug 20th 2008

Good movie, Toosie. I wouldn't say great like some, but definitely worth renting.

Aug 20th 2008

Put it in your queue Toosie, very enjoyable. Steve is at his finest, imo.

Aug 20th 2008

I concur.

Aug 21st 2008

I have pawned our copy off on three different people in the last two months. I'm appalled at the number of people who haven't seen this. It's really quite good. Quite.

Aug 21st 2008

I was supposed to get this from Netflix yesterday, but it didn't arrive. I'm hoping to watch it tonight. I've never seen it before, so I've ignored all previous posts in this thread.

Aug 21st 2008

I, in well, have never seen it. Then again, I've never seen probably 90% of the movies ever mentioned in the movies thread so that's not saying much.

Aug 21st 2008

I, in well, love this movie. And it has one of my favorite quotes: “High school, those are your prime suffering years. You don't get better suffering than that.” Steve actually speaks the line, too. And you could substitute "middle school" for "high school" and it would still work.

Aug 21st 2008

The funniest part is when Alan Arkin is telling the kid about all the ass he should be getting.

Aug 21st 2008

My sister has had my LMS dvd for the past six months maybe. At least they give it on HBO a few times.

Aug 22nd 2008

I watched it last night. The entire cast was great! The only part of watching it that I didn't like was when my son decided to throw up in bed just as they were arriving in Redondo Beach.

Aug 22nd 2008

True. No one isn't great in that movie. My issue SPOILER ALERT was Alan Arkin's too-early departure.

Aug 22nd 2008

It wasn't so early CGB. It was more than halfway through the movie.

Aug 22nd 2008

Yeah, but he was freakin' hilarious.

Aug 22nd 2008

I don't know. It felt early.

Also I thought he was the best thing about the movie.

Aug 22nd 2008

He's the best thing about most stuff he's in.

1 to 23 of 23
Top of PageBack to discussions