Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Whoever did this is a genius: Favorite DVD moments
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 107
Sep 13th 2006

So, while spending the last few hours frantically filling the Office void with deleted scenes and commentaries, I have enjoyed many new moments to laugh at.

What are your favorite hidden finds?

For me, the booze cruise video blog was great. I think that's a given. I thought Jenna and Angela falling asleep was cute. And Jenna showing off her $80 ring from "Roy". Quote-wise, So far, I think one of my favorite lines may be Ryan's short talking head about Michael's 1999 People magazine crossword: "18 across: Mary-Kate and Ashley 'blank' - Michael wrote... 'JUDD?'" I'm not sure why, but Ryan just made me laugh more than usual on that one.
So, now that many of us have been enjoying these new office moments, lets discuss! We only have one week until the BIG discussion begins and then this will all be old news. :-)

Sep 14th 2006

I loved the deleted scene from Valentine's Day when Michael came across Devin in New York. Devin called him and then Michael took off running, and Devin ensued. Hilarious.

I'm not sure if it was meant to be assumed that Devin had become homeless or not. He was dressed in normal clothes, but just loitering and leaning up against a trash can. Maybe he's homeless, but it was just a little over 3 months since he lost his job, so he's still got his clothes. I bet he wishes he had taken that coupon for Chili's. Maybe that's what he was chasing after Michael for.

Sep 14th 2006

I love the deleted scene where Jim can't talk, and Pam send Meredith to his desk and tells her that Jim has to tell her something. One of the first things out of Meredith's mouth is, "They're taking my kid away from me, aren't they?" Jim looks appalled; a totally different world for him, I'd guess, and it must be shocking to him to think that if someone wants to talk to you, your first assumption would be that it must be about removing your child from your custody. Very dark...but funny...but wrong on so many levels...but hysterical.

Sep 14th 2006

I haven't gotten to all of the deleted scenes and commentary yet, but my favorite so far is Jim's talking head where he describes his best date ever and even though he doesn't say Pam's name, you know he's talking about her. His delivery was incredible...he made me feel SUCH sympathy for him and it's obviously yet other example of his complete devotion to Pam - that a lunch at Cuginos with a co-worker was his best date ever? Oy.

I have no idea why that talking head was left out - I would have loved for it to be in the show. I swear if the writers drag this JAM stuff out I'm probably going to explode. I want Jim to get the girl already!

Sep 14th 2006

Really, Dump Roy? You want Jim to get the girl? I never would have guessed from your username. ;)

Jim's toast on the booze cruise was just so sad and painful. I felt so bad for the boy.

Sep 14th 2006

sharky, oh, I just watched the Booze Cruise deleted scenes this morning. Yes, Jim's toast was heartbreaking. If that had been in the already-painful episode, we would have all cried that night.

Sep 14th 2006

I liked when Jenna mentioned this site in the audio commentary.

Sep 15th 2006

I thought the blooper reel was hilarious...15 minutes of constant laughter. Most notably Dwight shooting paintball pellets at the 40 Year Old Virgin poster, and Micheal talking about how all of the shows on NBC are terrible.

Sep 15th 2006

My DVD came in the mail today! (Does happy dance) I just got done watching the first two discs, and I have to say I almost cried when Jim did that talking head about his worst first date. At first I thought he was talking about someone else, and I thought, "oh good, he seems to have had a good time with someone else" as in, well if Pam shoots him down again, at least his life's not over. But then I realized that a lunch date a Cogino's Pizza...and she's in love with someone else? Of course it's Pam. And his toast on the booze cruise...if Michael hadn't interrupted him, I wonder what else he was going to say. So hard to watch!

Sep 15th 2006

Did you guys call the number on Dwight's business card? 1-800-984-DMPC (3672) It's worth a laugh, but not even Rainn, so I thought it was a little cheesy. Props to them for actually making the number a real thing, though.

Sep 16th 2006

My favorite (so far...only through disc 2): the deleted scene in 'Sexual Harrassment,' where Pam tells Jim that she realized that the 'winking face with the lipstick' she used when they chatted online might be sexual harrassment. And then Pam actually PANTOMIMES the smiley face. Cue fall in love for the forty-millionth time.

Also: the various deleted talking heads in Halloween when Michael was talking about his hunting mishaps. "I was just smacking the hell outta that thing..." Oh my God, too funny.

Sep 17th 2006

Spud Gunner, I love when Jim replies that he's hired angry smiley face as his lawyer, and then IMs her with the angry face. Too cute.

Sep 17th 2006

In the Performance Review deleted scenes, there is a part when Jim and Pam talk about Dwight's "Yeah, who wants to come in on a Saturday?" then Jim realizes that he has Thursday's paper on his desk, to which Pam calmly replies, "You mean yesterday's paper?". An impressed Jim compliments Pam: "Wow, you are very good at what you do.". By far the sweetest Jam moment I've ever seen.

Sep 17th 2006

Also in Performance Review, I just love Ryan's little scavenger hunt. Another favorite Ryan scene is the deleted "fire guy" from Kevin in E-mail Surveillance. He's just so pleased with himself!

Sep 18th 2006

Jim's "Cuginos" talking head is my #1 favorite deleted scene (I've finally watched them all), but my SECOND favorite is one in TYDTWD where Jim tells us he babysits for Toby's daughter sometimes and she's seen him play with dolls. I just think that is beyond sweet and totally cool of him to do that (and admit it). Like I needed an additional reason to root for Jim! What an awesome character.

The Blooper Reel is thoroughly entertaining...Rainn's "heinous culprit" thing gets me everytime.

Sep 18th 2006

The "punch line" to the scene with Devin in NY is when Michael is a talking-head and says "it was good to finally get closure on that"

All he did was run away from Devin as fast as he could!

Sep 18th 2006

Dump Roy, I concur. Rainn's "heinous culprit" bloop was fall-off-the-chair hilarious.

One thing I noticed was that a lot of the bloopers were a result of Rainn breaking in the scene. Didn't Mindy Kaling say in one commentary that Rainn never breaks in a scene? But then I realized what a hard job Rainn has. To say such ridiculous lines and play it straight, he's a brilliant actor.

"We would splash away until 10am and then work the beet fields until midnight..."

Sep 18th 2006

I went to Wal-Mart today to get a new phone card, and couldn't help but check out the Season Two DVD. I got to actually hold it in my hands...it was an indescribable feeling of awesomeness.

But I had to put it back because I don't have the money or time to invest in it just yet :-(

My birthday is coming up in a few weeks, however...;-p

Sep 18th 2006

I'm a big Toby fan, myself, so I loved his deleted scenes. Particularly:

• In Halloween, Michael says, "If I could, I'd fire you." Toby, sounding genuinely sympathetic, says, "I know, Michael."
  • In Booze Cruise: Michael: "Well, the anchor's probably the only thing that slows the ship down, so... Toby's the anchor!" While Toby sits about a foot away with his normal expression.
  • In Office Olympics, Jim's talking head about how he and Toby used to work next to each other, but Michael separated them when he thought they were talking too much.
  • And finally, in the commentary for The Dundies, when it comes to a shot of Toby smiling at Chili's, Greg Daniels says, "Look at that" and all the other commentators start "Awwwww"-ing. I don't know. Makes you feel good </Michael>
Sep 18th 2006 edited

Jim
Is Jim
My name is Jim

Denise

Sep 18th 2006

ddker, I loved that! Edit that: I love Jim!

Sep 18th 2006

In Office Olympics, Jim's talking head about how he and Toby used to work next to each other, but Michael separated them when he thought they were talking too much.

I could be wrong, but wasn't this from the deleted scenes from "The Fire," when Toby rattles off some of Jim's favorite movies?

Also, one of the other great Toby deleted scenes was his Dundies talking head, when he says it's true that he's never won a Dundy (Dundie?) and he is more than okay with that.

Sep 19th 2006 edited

My name is Jim

That's a total waste of an M. Especially when you could have used Magnificent or Marvelous or Mighty...

Sep 19th 2006

Disc #2 has some of the best deleted scenes. Besides Jim's worst/best first date and the Booze Cruise toast, I love Michael's guitar playing fiasco and then Creed just stepping in showing everyone how it's done.

Also the one where Jim interrupts Pams very important business of staring at her desk.

Oh, and last but definately not least is Email Surveillance when Roy comes in all happy, treating Pam like she's something special for once, and it's all because he wants go go over Lonnie's to play poker instead of Jim's BBQ with Pam.

Sep 22nd 2006

They've all been said already, but my top 3:

Definitely Jim's worst/best first date...that just got me
Roy sucking up to Pam so he can go to the poker game Michael trying/wishing to fire Toby

Sep 23rd 2006

"shoot a chunk of potato at your face, 80 psi. Bon appetite."

"hey guys, check this out. woo-hoo, bon appetite"

Sep 24th 2006

Does Dwight's potato gun shoot at 60 PSI or 80? In the deleted scene, it's 80 and he is willing to show it off. But in CF, it shoots at 60, and he just had it in a duffel bag because it was so dangerous to have out.

Sep 27th 2006

"I burned my foot"

"You should put some butter on it."

"That's what she said. See? Have not lost my sense of humor."

Sep 28th 2006 edited

Did anyone notice (what I think is) Steve swearing in the blooper reel? It's right at the very end, probably in the last second or 2. It's after he's done his dancing bit. It could just be a random noise, not really a word, but it sure sounds like a word to me. Check it out and let me know what you think...

Sep 29th 2006 edited

The subtitles confirm it. It was odd, that everything had subtitles. Deleted scenes and blooper reels, which rarely have subtitles. Steve says something to the effect of "Fuck, that was so funny!" after the dance.

I did notice a subtitle typo. The Fire, Dwight says "Come one, he doesn't even know I do that." It's a typo I hate, so I was able to catch it.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
1 to 30 of 107
Top of PageBack to discussions