Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Probably not "The White Shadow": Other Shows' Fansites
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 59
Sep 14th 2006 edited

The mention of northernattack.com on the DVD commentary (and my hope for an equally-good "Prison Break" site, potentially, sometime, maybe, in the future) got me thinking: Has anyone ever been a regular on another fan site for any other TV show? Before you were really into Michael & Co., were there other shows that piqued your interest enough so that you searched for an online community for them?

I used to visit stuckeyville.com when I was watching "Ed" reruns on TBS for a few months last year. I liked the show, but it was already off the air, never to return, by the time I really discovered it, so there was only so much discussion that could take place (I was not nearly as active there as I am here, though). There was a character on there - Dennis Martino - I hated kinda like I dislike Roy, and for many of the same reasons (but some that were also a little different - like the writing and his development. But I won't get into that here :-).

It goes without saying that I've never had a TV love quite on the level of my love for "The Office," and for northernattack.com. But what other sites - past or current - have you haunted? You don't have to give your user name for the other site if you don't want to. It's kind of like having two completely different circles of friends, and never the twain shall meet and all that. I'm just curious: what other shows have (or have had) the Internet presence that this one does?

Sep 14th 2006

well, i did get into battlestar galactica about half way through last season and i made a couple posts there, but.... what?... what's everyboday laughing at?.... its a good show!.... really, it's a new vers.... oh, fine. just forget it.

Sep 15th 2006

haha! Good one, ferd. We know you're far too cool to be serious.

As for me, LT, this has been my one and only.

I did like Ed a lot at the beginning...Tom C. is a funny/sexy guy. I even liked the couple of episodes of his new one, Love Monkey, that I saw before it moved to VH1 where I lost track of it.

Sep 15th 2006

no seriously, gt its a good show, all that first part is true. there at the end i was just reinforcing the ferd brand. i liked ed quite a bit too, btw. love monkey, not really.

Sep 15th 2006

ferd: I know; I was giving you an out. Hey, I tried.

I really shouldn't reinforce the stereotype though, not having seen the show. I just know Dwight loves it, which screams geek programming to me.

Love Monkey: I saw potential...or maybe I was crushin a bit on funny Tom.

Sep 15th 2006

i can understand how you would have to continue with love monkey but you know for me no julie bowen no point. i think im over that though i dont watch boston legal. that's probably just because i'm all lawyered out though.

Sep 15th 2006

Tom C. is a funny/sexy guy

You're right, gt. And a real guy, too, and not in his early 20s, so we can all crush on him and not feel like we're back in high school.

I watched "Love Monkey," too, but wasn't very into it. I think it was something about seeing Tom Cavanagh as a hipster record dude that just didn't do it for me.

By the way, ferd, I've heard great things about "Battlestar," too. I don't watch it, but it has nothing to do with Dwight. I'm just usually Sci-Fi impaired in terms of understanding specifics. Sometimes I have a problem with the whole suspension of disbelief thing, so I figure I'm not going to set myself up for failure if I can help it :-) My husband likes shows like that, though, so I've definitely seen my share (and then some) of the various "Star Trek" movies and such.

Sep 15th 2006

btw, ferd, are you catching Julie Bowen's flashback scenes in "Lost"? There's something up there, though, of course, I have no idea what yet...

Sep 15th 2006

Sometimes I have a problem with the whole suspension of disbelief thing

i guess i've a lot of haikus to explain then. i do watch lost (sounds like i watch everything) and i was suprised to see her. are you watching it on dvd?

Sep 16th 2006

are you watching it on dvd?

No. I watched the second season as it aired, so I know where things stand by the end of the season. I just think there is more to the story than what we've been led to believe thus far...just like everything else on that show.

Oct 2nd 2006

i did think of another site i was stuck on for a while. the toonery. it wasnt a tv show fansite but it was as addictive to me as this one.

it was a site where you could post a picture you found on the internet and add captions. it functioned well and had a nice mix of users. alot of politics. when it finally went away i didnt look too hard for a replacement because it really sucked up my time.

Aug 24th 2008

Remember that fan site that GMMR made for Pushing Daisies? I went there a couple of times. I wonder if it's still around.

Aug 24th 2008

I visit that stuckeyville site like once every six months hoping that Ed will finally be on DVD. Stupid music rights making it nearly impossible for the show to come out.

Aug 24th 2008

I visit that stuckeyville site like once every six months hoping that Ed will finally be on DVD. Stupid music rights making it nearly impossible for the show to come out.

Me, too, yes, I agree, I do the same thing, etc., to all of this.

Aug 24th 2008

Remember that fan site that GMMR made for Pushing Daisies? I went there a couple of times. I wonder if it's still around.

It's still around.

Dec 18th 2008

Bump. Seriously, are there other show's fansites that you guys visit? Do any of you still go to GMMR or TWOP? Is there a good Chuck fansite that anyone visits?

Dec 18th 2008 edited

I still go to GMMR and that's pretty much it as far as other tv fansites are concerned, but I don't go as much as I used to.

Dec 18th 2008

I go to TWOP, but only for the Real Housewives of Whatever boards. There are some funny posters there.

Dec 18th 2008 edited

Uh . . . none, really. I sometimes stop by Whedonesque, when I think about it -- will probably start doing that more once Dollhouse hits the air -- and I used to look at Mugglenet daily, but then the last book came out.

Websites I generally visit daily:

FiveThirtyEight.com
andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com
BaseballProspectus.com
BaseballThinkFactory.org
strangemaps.wordpress.com

I feel like there are others, but I can't remember what they are.

Dec 18th 2008 edited

I still go to TWOP but the Office portion seems to have been overrun by the grumpies so I use it more for other shows.

Sites I go to daily:
Comics.com to read Pearls Before Swine and F Minus because they aren't in my paper
SportsIllustrated.com - way better than ESPN
Two Univ. of Colorado football sites, one that's part of the Rivals network and another one independently run by a fan

Dec 18th 2008

Is there a good Chuck fansite that anyone visits?

chucktv.net

Dec 18th 2008

Well in the pre-season and during the season I visit Dark UFO, TWOP and The Fuselage, ABC. com for Lost. I use TWOP for the The O.C., Fringe, Heroes, Angel.

Dec 18th 2008

I use TWOP for the The O.C.,

Still?

Dec 18th 2008

Still?

Yeah. I watched The O.C. for the first time this spring so I still have O.Cness I need to get out. There are some people who started watching The O.C. for the first time or watched again when the 1st season was put up on Hulu and when they started airing it on Soapnet. There are a few people that visit The O.C. thread in the dramas section where dead shows live on!!

Dec 18th 2008

the dramas section where dead shows live on!!

Is there a Wonder Years or a Freaks & Geeks section on said site?

Dec 18th 2008

I've got three episodes to go on my current Freaks & Geeks rewatch. If it's possible, I like it even more this time around. I would frequent an F&G fan site.

Dec 18th 2008

Freaks & Geeks section

Not a section but there is a thread in the Sitcoms & Other Yukky Stuff section. It gets little to no updates now but if you haven't read it before it's a good way to kill time.

Dec 18th 2008

They have Freaks & Geeks in the Sitcoms and Other Yukky stuff section but people aren't posting frequently.

I didn't see The Wonder Years.

Dec 18th 2008 edited
Dec 18th 2008

Tasty, thanks.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. >
1 to 30 of 59
Top of PageBack to discussions