Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Andy Bernard: Here Comes Treble
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 21
  12. >
1 to 30 of 626
Sep 23rd 2006 edited

Here is the thread to discuss all things Andy!

So far I would say that this character is a great addition and Ed Helms is awesome! I love they way he calls Jim Big Tuna.

Denise

Sep 23rd 2006

When he warns Big Tuna to swim for deeper waters, do you think it's because the supposedly crazy blonde already shot him down so he figures she must be crazy. And when Andy flips out over the calculator in the Jell-O, notice how no one else in the office seems to react, either to the prank or to him kicking the garbage pail across the office. I know in my office, the prank would go over quite well, while garbage pail kicking would get a real interested reaction.

Question: is Andy a good guy who's kind of weird or a real nemesis to Jim? At first I thought it was the former, but by the end of the episode I hated him (Andy, not Ed Helms- he was brilliant).

Great line: "I went to Cornell. Ever heard of it?"

Sep 23rd 2006

Andy's the Anti-Dwight, I doubt Dwight would ever lash out that violently. Andy's a ticking timebomb, while Dwight's a wet firecracker.

Sep 23rd 2006

When he warns Big Tuna to swim for deeper waters, do you think it's because the supposedly crazy blonde already shot him down so he figures she must be crazy

I think he's interested in the blonde and wants to make sure that there's no competition from Jim.

Sep 23rd 2006

I think Andy is my new favorite character, maybe more than Jim (gasp). I love how Jim says he doesn't think anyone knows his real name, and the shot immediately cuts to Andy calling him Big Tuna again. "Big Tuna is a real cut your throat to get ahead kinda guy." Which is about as inaccurate a description of Jim as you can get. I can't wait to see Andy and Dwight together.

Sep 23rd 2006

I love Ed Helms and I think that his character IS like the Anti-Dwight. Dwight is this kind of Uber-Nerd (Lord of the rings for example;no offence to anyone)where Andy seems like a Uber-Jock(being drunk straigh through college). Yes I love to say Uber.

Sep 23rd 2006

Andy seems like a Uber-Jock(being drunk straigh through college).

But he graduated in four years! :)

Yeah, I love that they've made a superficially-opposite person to fill the same role. Reinforces the bizarro aspect of Stamford.

Sep 24th 2006

Reinforces the bizarro aspect of Stamford.

Seinfeld!

Love it! Andy is my new favourite. It's a ridiculous tie, actually, between Jim/Creed and Andy. I cannot wait for more. I haven't been able to stop laughing about Andy's freak out. It's one of my top 5 Office-moments of all time. Right up there with Michael messing his hair in The Secret. I loved it.

I really hope they aren't prepping Ed Helms to take over for Steve Carell. Fingers crossed for 2 more seasons of Steve!

Sep 24th 2006

I absolutely died at the "Steer clear Big Tuna" line. I love Andy, and, I think that Karen (Rashida) is going to be a good mix in the end as well.

In all though, I'm not seeing Steve leaving the show anytime soon. I hope not.

Sep 24th 2006

well, if you guys read the itunes description of Season 3, you might be seeing Dwight/Andy faceoffs in the near future. Anyway, I had another point. forgot it. :-(

Sep 24th 2006

Maybe (and this is a stretch, but we all know it's headed down that route) if Scranton incorporates the Stamford branch, Andy could make a play for Angela and directly oppose Dwight.

That would be incalculable

Sep 24th 2006 edited

I'm with you Spamster. Andy/Jim/Creed are all amazing, but I really can't wait to see more Andy! And I agree with everyone who thinks that he's the anti-Dwight. It'll be interesting to see later on how Jim chooses to play his pranks in Stamford with crazy Andy around. He looked...quite scared after the Jello incident.

I have to admit though. It was disgustingly weird to see Ed without his glasses. I kind of miss them...

Sep 24th 2006

Yes, the lack of glasses was weird, but I think he had a better haircut. So, catch-22.

Sep 25th 2006 edited

I think Andy has great potential and I thought everything he did in the episode (and the deleted scene) was funny. I had never heard of him so I had no pre-conceived notions, which was nice.

My favorite line of his was the "I went to Cornell, ever heard of it?" because, at least in my mind, Cornell is probably the last school people think when it comes to the Ivy League. I also think he was full of crap with his "I was drunk for four years" line and was just trying to appear cool for the camera.

Oct 9th 2006

Sabatour, Sabatour!

Quite possibly one of the funniest things said outside of Jim's "Psycho....path" line from Stamford side of things.

Oct 10th 2006

"the game is over. I’m really gonna shoot you"

LOL. I'm so glad that there's another actor in the show besides Michael can deliver these outrageous, over-the-top lines without breaking character.

Andy has quickly become one of my favorite characters. He may actually give Dwight and Creed a run for their money.

Oct 12th 2006

"Did you look...in your butt?"

Hardly over the top, but that was pretty funny in a real office scenario way. He knew he was being busted on and he reached deep down for a clever comeback. But alas, the well was dry. Who hasn't been there?

I don't know if we'll ever find out, but I suspect Karen would have hated him for a long time before Jim got there.

Oct 12th 2006

coughSuckup!cough... Josh, did you hear what I said?

He's so proud of himself at that moment.

Oct 12th 2006

Yes....it was a very Dwight moment, UR.

Oct 13th 2006

Hahaha, the irony is so rich with that one line. It was definitely one of the many highlights of the episode for me.

Oct 13th 2006 edited

See the "coughsuckupcough Josh, did you hear that?" line reminded me of a "Michael Scott line." Kind of like in Drug Testing, when he called Dwight a narc and then asked Kevin if he remembered the "narc bit". Still a classic moment!

Oct 13th 2006 edited

Stamford is quickly beginning to align into the once-Scranton arrangement, with Jim/Karen on one side, and Andy, the nemesis, on the other. I'm looking forward to see where this goes (although it will never compare with the brillant Jim-Pam-Dwight dynamic).

Nov 20th 2006

Andy is going to have a great time in Scranton. He seems to really appeal to Micheal - much to Dwight's chagrin. Dwight never had it so good when he was up against Jim - he now has a true nemesis.

Following the merger, it appears that there will be a three-way battle to become Micheal's number two. Jim may have won the first battle (through the help of Jan), but I'm backing Andy to win the, err, next battle.

Incidentally, Ryan's star also seems to faded with Micheal during Season Three, perhaps because he's now on permanent staff. But he may also be a factor in this epic power struggle too - will he join the Dwight Army of Champions or not?

Nov 20th 2006

I loved Andy's "nifty gifties" scene with Michael. And if you watch Pam, you can see her smiling through the whole scene. She's totally enjoying the show.

Nov 20th 2006

Michael, meet your doppelganger - that's the thought in my head when I first saw that scene ;-p

Nov 20th 2006

I looooove Andy. I was nervous over the summer, when I read that The Office was adding new cast members but this character is a welcome addition as far as I am concerned. He's already had so many memorable moments that I can barely pick a favorite, although his introduction to Michael was quite funny - him just basically repeating everything Michael said...and I believe he was the only one rocking out to the Lazy Scranton video. Good stuff.

Nov 20th 2006

When he started acapella-ing "What is Love?" Michael had a love-at-first-sight loook in his eye.

I hate Andy myself, but I think he's a great character, and Ed is excellent.

Nov 21st 2006

Why do you hate Andy, Nathan?

Nov 21st 2006

He's so slimy and calculating and phony.

Again, let me make it clear: I love Andy the character and am glad he's on the show. But I harbor an intense dislike for Andy the person.

Nov 21st 2006

I think we're supposed to.

I certainly wouldn't be hanging out with him on our coffee breaks.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 21
  12. >