Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Toby/Jan
1 to 24 of 24
Sep 23rd 2006

Does anyone else thing Toby and Jan would be an awesome addition to the series? It would piss Michael off and I think they'd make a good couple.

Sep 23rd 2006

Because Jan and Toby try to be as professional as possible, I don't think they could actually go out. But I would absolutely LOVE to see and episode where michael thinks they are and ehs jealous etc.

Sep 24th 2006

Could he possibly hate Toby more if he was dating Jan?

Sep 24th 2006 edited

But I would absolutely LOVE to see and episode where michael thinks they are and ehs jealous etc.

This is an awesome idea and I hope the writers steal it. No offense, gaydar.

Sep 24th 2006

Gaydar you rock!

Other than Jan, I'd just love to see Toby get a girlfriend. Kelly or someone could blab around the office, letting Michael know. He'd just be insanely jealous that Toby has something else he doesn't.

Sep 26th 2006

Scranton on Speed: If they were to steal it, I would be so honoured lol. I can just see Dwight spying on them for Michael.

Sep 26th 2006

OMG, I cannot believe I am reading this! I had the exact same thought when watching the premiere. There was this one scene when Jan comes in with a big smile, and I had paused it there. When I that image, I was like, "Who's she smiling at? Wouldn't it be great if it was Toby?" As I started thinking about it, I realized how great that would be because of how jealous that would make Michael. Alas, it turned out that Jan was smiling at Oscar, but I still think it would be a comic goldmine. I'm with you, gaydar, steal the idea, please.

Sep 27th 2006

I'd like to see Toby with a girlfriend too, but I'd want it to be with someone outside the office. A minor complaint about the show I have is that there are too many office romances. I like each romance individually, but half the characters are in some kind of inter-office relationship, that's a little much.

Sep 28th 2006

I'd want to see Jan and Toby, but only for the purpose of making Michael jealous. Beyond that, it doesnt need to go anywhere.

Sep 28th 2006 edited

jennalovesjosh I agree. If any more people within the office hook up it's going too far in the Friends direction. Speaking of hook ups: in tonight's ep description it says that Ryan and Kelly double-date with friends. Does anyone else think it is Pam and some guy we haven't met yet? Like a first date for her? Or could Kelly pulled a fast one and is setting Jim and Pam up? She did know that Jim was in love with her. Hummm......

Nov 28th 2006

Jan wants kids; Toby has a kid. I think Jan should have a fresh start and not get put in the "Daddy's Girlfriend" role. On the other hand, she's not getting any younger. How old do we think she is?

Feb 26th 2007

This discussion intrigued me in light of how much we've since learned. Toby & Jan? pshah. I think it's safe to say they've avoided the Friends route, though a little less on the lovey-dovey side would be fine with me in general. If Creed and Meredith start dating, I may switch to Ugly Betty (just kidding!).

Feb 26th 2007

If Creed and Meredith start dating, the world may end.

Sep 2nd 2008

Yes, DftF. Yes it would.

Sep 2nd 2008

Oh god, Toosie is blast from the pasting!!

Sep 2nd 2008

pshah

I love this word.

Sep 2nd 2008

I think it's safe to say they've avoided the Friends route

I disagree, CGB. Practically everyone on this show is dating or has dated someone else on the show. It's kind of lame.

Sep 2nd 2008

hahaha

Sep 2nd 2008

I disagree, CGB. Practically everyone on this show is dating or has dated someone else on the show. It's kind of lame.

Oh young CGB. There is just so much you need to warn you about. And yet, tragically, you cannot.

Apr 19th 2010

Oh god, Toosie is blast from the pasting!!

Yes. Yes I am. Again.

Toby & Jan? Yeah, that would have been 10,000 times better than Michael & Jan. No 10,000,000 times better.

Apr 19th 2010

This discussion intrigued me in light of how much we've since learned. Toby & Jan? pshah. I think it's safe to say they've avoided the Friends route, though a little less on the lovey-dovey side would be fine with me in general. If Creed and Meredith start dating, I may switch to Ugly Betty (just kidding!).

Why did I think this. It's like I don't even know me anymore.

Apr 19th 2010

By the way, you first resurrected this thread after 19 months and now again after 20 months. Freaky deaky.

Apr 19th 2010

Maybe I just can't stand going more than 20 or so months without talking about Toby and Jan.

No, it's just a weird coincidence, or subconscious actions at least.

Apr 19th 2010

I may switch to Ugly Betty (just kidding!).

Also freaky; I just watched the series finale Saturday night (on Hulu, at work).

It was exactly what I expected it to be.

1 to 24 of 24
Top of PageBack to discussions