Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
[Closed] OMG, I just discovered Pam and Jim and have questions
1 to 3 of 3
Sep 25th 2006

Hi all! I just discovered "The Office" during the summer. (I set my DVR to get all last season's episodes.) I finished watching them a few hours before this season's premiere, and I am completely addicted. Pam and Jim are incredible, as is the rest of the cast.

I'm confused about a couple things though: Is the camera filming them for some sort of documentary? Did Pam and Jim ever date? Did Jim have a girlfriend previously? (I thought I heard that somewhere.)

Thanks to anyone who can help with Office 101. I'm blogging about the show now at my site, and I want to make sure I don't say something in error.

Thanks again, Tube Talk Girl http://tubetalk.blogspot.com/2006/09/pam-and-jim-i-never-knew.html

Sep 26th 2006

Is the camera filming them for some sort of documentary?

Yes.

Did Pam and Jim ever date?

No. Pam was already engaged to Roy when Jim started at Dunder-Mifflin.

Did Jim have a girlfriend previously? (I thought I heard that somewhere.)

Yes. In the last episode of Season 1, an girl comes by the office selling purses. Jim, frustrated with the hopelessness of his situation with Pam, asks her out. They date for the first half of Season 2. Jim breaks up with her on the booze cruise. (Afterward, we hear of Jim having other dates.)

Glad you enjoy the show!

Sep 26th 2006

Welcome, tubetalkgirl! I see that Nathan has already answered your questions; if there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to post it in the existing Jim/Pam thread.

Pulling out the lock.

1 to 3 of 3
Top of PageBack to discussions