Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
3.02 The Convention
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >
1 to 30 of 334
Sep 27th 2006 edited
  • Season 3 : Episode 2
  • First aired on September 28, 2006
  • Written by Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky
  • Directed by Ken Whittingham
  • Northern Attack Recap

In the Martin family, we like to say, “looks like someone took the slow train from Philly.” That’s code for “check out the slut.”

Sep 27th 2006

The thought of attending a "party" in a hotel room with Michael, Dwight and Angela is truly nauseating to me. And filled with potential for jokes ("I'll have a treat from the mini bar...TWSS."). I can't wait to see where this goes.

Sep 27th 2006

Hmm...hotel room, Michael and Jan...me like. ;)

Sep 27th 2006 edited

I'm really looking forward to this episode, I think it has great potential. A lot more questions will probably be answered. I have a feeling that if there was a Michael Scott Uncomfortable and Awkward Moments Index, the rating for this episode would be off the charts. Also hoping for some good Michael/Jim interaction, a la The Secret and Booze Cruise. A lot better episode title than the last one as well.

Sep 27th 2006

Michael Scott Uncomfortable and Awkward Moments Index

James, I think we may need a new index for the recaps. Just sayin'.

Sep 27th 2006

Yeah this one definetly seems fit to be chock full of wonderful moments. now to sound like an idiot-twss whats that

Sep 27th 2006

twss whats that

"That's what she said"

Sep 27th 2006 edited

There are some great previews for next weeks episode "The Convention" at this link. Don't watch it if you don't want spoilers.

http://tv.yahoo.com/feature/fall06/

Can someone tell me how to make the link so I can rename it and have you click on it like everyone else does?

Sep 27th 2006

put the text you want to be the link in brackets and the url in parentheses right next to it with no space in between

the Markdown link above the comments box has lots of cool tips like that

Sep 27th 2006

Oh my God, just reading the episode summary makes me laugh. I think this is gonna be great.

Sep 27th 2006

lol Monkey

Sep 28th 2006

17.5 hours!

Sep 28th 2006

12.25 hours (but who's counting?)

Sep 28th 2006

put the text you want to be the link in brackets and the url in parentheses right next to it with no space in between

the Markdown link above the comments box has lots of cool tips like that

Thanks, Brian.

Sep 28th 2006

8.5 hours

Sep 28th 2006

7.5 hours

Sep 28th 2006

it really disappoints me that this episode (which is supposed to be in Philadelphia) was shot in Burbank. I mean, i know that's the way these things go because of money and such but i LIVE in Philadelphia. how awesome would that have been? I guess it's just me. Anyway- I left a message for Kath Flannery regarding this and she actually responded. She=amazing. Her family owns a bar in Philly (T.A Flannery's) and now I'm absolutely going there for my 21st in March.

Next time I vote for "on location" Philly.

Sep 28th 2006

Yeah, the "Monkey" nickname had me laughing for a while (and vaguely creeped out at the same time), especially because of who it's between. Who's picking up that screen name?

Sep 28th 2006

4.75 hours

Sep 28th 2006

Who's picking up that screen name?

Not it!

I'm looking forward to this one if only to get some more questions answered. Like how was Australia?

Sep 28th 2006

From the scenes (provided by yahoo) that we've seen, it seems to reinforce the theory that Jim has been so out of touch with the scranton branch that he probably doesn't know about Pam breaking up with Roy.

At least, I'm sticking with that until proven wrong...

Sep 28th 2006 edited

There was a tvguide.com bit today that said JAM stuff comes up in the third episode, which gave me the impression no questions will be answered tonight (at least, not The Big Question we've all been pondering). http://www.tvguide.com/Magazine/Breaking%2DNews/

Sep 28th 2006

I'm just thinking (my speculation only, so no spoilers here) that Jim probably hasn't seen Michael & Dwight since the transfer so he might ask about Pam, and Michael or Dwight will mention that she never married Roy. If that happens, we will have some answers tonight regarding whether or not Jim and Pam have stayed in touch. Especially if Jim gives some indication that the information is news to him. For instance, if he finds out that she isn't married and then decides to call her, he will probably ask her about the wedding. If something like that happens, we will know that they haven't been in touch.

He might find out about it at the convention, but not contact Pam until the next episode. Either way, we should have our answers soon.

Sep 28th 2006

But I think I did read somewhere that in tonight's episode, Jim is seeking out information from Michael about certain other Scranton employees...Come on, they've at least got to give us a little JAM tonight to tide us over and then maybe more stuff will come up next week! Well, I hope so, anyway...

Sep 28th 2006

Perhaps the show is planning for the long-term. True we're only one episode into this season but perhaps their plan is to wean us off our dependency on JAM. That way when they get them together the show won't be doomed as has happened to so many shows.

Let's all just repeat to ourselves this mantra: "The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim. The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim. The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim."

Sep 28th 2006

<<Let's all just repeat to ourselves this mantra: "The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim. The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim. The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim.">>

It seems like English, but I just don't understand. Is this like tough love for JAMaholics?

Sep 28th 2006

Tangy Zip: Yes. As much for MY benefit as for everybody elses. Hi. My name is Fleece, and I'm a JAMaholic.

I hate it when people watch shows and say, "This is SO MUCH like my life." So here comes some self loathing:

I was a Jim. Sort of. I held unrequited love for a co-worker. We worked together. We became office buddies. It became obvious I was crushing on her. She did everything she could to disuade me. I stopped giving a damn. She came around. We dated. We got married. We've been married for over a year now and are freaks for this show.

Anyway...what was I saying? Oh yeah. The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim. The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. The show is NOT just about Pam and Jim.

Sep 28th 2006

WOW, Plaid, thanks so much for the link!
39 MINUTES TO GO!!!!!!

Sep 28th 2006

See? I called it: you don't want to mess with a black light in a hotel room.

There was sperm everywhere.

Sep 28th 2006

Man, we've gotten two good urine quotes from this show...

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. ...
  11. 12
  12. >