Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
With the exception of 4
1 to 25 of 25
Oct 1st 2006

Hello! In Season 2, there is a talking head with Dwight where he says he generally likes the people he works with, with the exception of four. Who do you think the four people are?

My guesses are:

Jim: obviously Pam: She is often Jim's partner in crime (but he also asks for her advice on Valentine's Day, so I don't know...) Kevin: The scene right before Dwight's talking head, he is talking with Kevin

I am stumped on the fourth one, but I am thinking maybe Creed or Meredith because of their productivity? Or Ryan because he is jealous of him? What do you all think?

Oct 1st 2006

One of them has to be Ryan. Remember The Fire.

Oct 1st 2006

It's been a while, but didn't he say five people? I could be wrong.

Personally I don't think he likes or respects anyone there besides Michael and Angela. He did show Roy his potato gun, so that's another possibility. But we know he hates Kelly Kapour story hour, he finds Phyllis un-feminine and he doesn't trust Stanley to plug things in.

Oct 1st 2006 edited

I think about this every time I see the episode, and while it's fun to guess who, I think it might have been a bit arbitrary by the writers to say "4". We obsess over this stuff more than they do at times, and though they try to keep continuity they may not have had exactly four people in mind. Who knows. Could also have been an improv by Rainn.

Oct 1st 2006

Jim is obvious, Ryan is fairly obvious. My guess on the other two is Stanley & Phyllis. As the other sales people he probably sees them as competitors even though they are co-workers. I also think it is one of the many things on this show that will never be revealed and is left up to the viewer to interpret.

Oct 1st 2006

Also: Dwight gives Michael suggestions of whom to fire (Halloween). He rattles off a long (and unhelpful) list; maybe his top picks?

Oct 1st 2006

Pretty sure Angela's off the list... And Toby did help him out with his "anatomy questions."

Oct 3rd 2006

I'll vote for Phyllis, since Dwight claimed quite disparagingly (in Gay Witch Hunt) that she makes no effort to be feminine (which is so ludicrous to say that it has to speak to deeper feelings).

Jul 28th 2008 edited

How many more ancient threads can we resurrect before the show returns?

You say that like it's a bad thing, mtt.

Who do you think the four people are?

Brian, Mixed Berries, CZ-J and Brian.

Jul 28th 2008

Personally I don't think he likes or respects anyone there besides Michael and Angela. He did show Roy his potato gun, so that's another possibility. But we know he hates Kelly Kapour story hour, he finds Phyllis un-feminine and he doesn't trust Stanley to plug things in.

Really, Brian? Really? I'm not so sure.

Jul 28th 2008

I'm confused by the last two posts. It must be me.

Jul 28th 2008

Is that better?

Jul 28th 2008

Who do you think the four people are?

Brian, Mixed Berries, CZ-J and Brian.

Jealous much?

Jul 28th 2008

:|

Feb 10th 2011

I think that list has changed a little since '08.

Feb 10th 2011

Toosie, what is happening?

Feb 10th 2011

Crazy crap, DC. Check your facebook.

Feb 10th 2011

Got it.

Feb 10th 2011

Can I look at Toosies page to figure it out?

Feb 10th 2011

It's all been talked through message, Anque. She just forgot to CC you.

Feb 10th 2011

Oh great. So I am insulted. (weeps)

Feb 10th 2011

I don't think so. It's in the messages, but I can't figure out why you aren't on the To: list.

Feb 10th 2011

She didn't message me either.

Humpf.

Feb 10th 2011

Crap! Sorry!

Feb 10th 2011

Don't be! It ain't no thang.

1 to 25 of 25
Top of PageBack to discussions