Not signed in (Sign In)
Welcome to The Watercooler, the companion forum to Northern Attack and all things concerning The Office on NBC.

Guests are free to browse the forums, although you will need to register for an account if you wish to participate in the discussions or use any of the advanced features of the forum (bookmarks, history, etc).

If you already have an account, please sign in now.

The Watercooler is powered by Vanilla, the sweetest forum on the web.

Bottom of Page
Ratings concerns
  1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
91 to 116 of 116
Jan 17th 2007

Huzzah!

Jan 17th 2007

Tra la tra la!!!

Jan 17th 2007

Niiiiice. I was thinking about that recently, wondering when they would announce what was getting picked up. I assumed it would, but it's good to know for sure.

Jan 20th 2007 edited

Last week, Jan 11, The Office got it's highest ratings so far according to Brian Bumgardner. NBC came in 2nd for the time slot. This week was down a little, and they are 3rd.

"Ugly Betty" handily won the 8 p.m. hour for ABC with a 9.5/15. CBS aired a "CSI" rerun and scored a 7.8/12. "My Name Is Earl," 5.9/9, and "The Office," 5.5/8, put NBC in third. "'Til Death" and "The War at Home" were fourth for FOX, edging The CW's "Smallville," 3.1/5, (The CW had a few more viewers).

Jan 21st 2007 edited

Jan. 11's ratings:

ABC's "Ugly Betty," 9.0/14, scored its biggest audience in some time at 8 p.m. "My Name Is Earl," 6.5/10, and "The Office," 5.8/9, put NBC in second.

Yeah, 9 share, pretty nice. Damn that Ugly Betty, though. Steals our ratings and our Golden Globes (we'll kill 'em at the Emmys, though).

Jan 21st 2007

im surprised. networks dont usually renew shows so early.

like VM. UPN people got pissed when the show got renewed so early, and didnt have to "prove itself" or soemthing.

Feb 13th 2007

I just saw my television guide and found that on Thursday, Feb 22 American Idol will air at 8 o'clock. It is a one hour show, so it will conflict with The Office. I hope it's only temporary because they will take the viewers. Every year the audience for AI keeps growing.

Feb 15th 2007

Every year the audience for AI keeps growing.

And every year our collective soul dies a little bit faster.

Feb 16th 2007

Shows will get pulled off for a lot of reasons in addition to ratings. I was wondering if they ever pre-determine how long a show will run? I just ordered SPACED (Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, the cast of Shaun of the Dead) on DVD and there were only 2 seasons. It was a great show - did they just decide not to make any more than 14 episodes, ratings or no ratings?

Feb 16th 2007

It would be hard to plan on a specific number of seasons before a show even starts, because so many shows bomb and never make it more than a few episodes -- hell, most of them don't even make it that far. But you do hear about the creators of some shows picking a finite end point: Damon Lindehof talks about Lost being done after five seasons or seven seasons (depending, I suppose, on how much he wants me to keep watching); Joss Whedon seems to have planned to end Buffy after five and (some would say regrettably) changed his mind after the fact.

Maybe it's different with the BBC, on which seasons run only six or seven episodes and everybody seems to know everybody. (Seriously. Play "Six Degrees of Martin Freeman" some day and I swear you could get back to Shakespeare and still have two steps to spare.)

Feb 17th 2007

Joss Whedon seems to have planned to end Buffy after five and (some would say regrettably) changed his mind after the fact.

I think what happened was that the WB dropped the show after 5 seasons, so they thought it would be the end, killing off Buffy. Then UPN picked it up for the last two seasons rather unexpectedly.

Feb 17th 2007

Yeah, I've heard that, but he'd certainly been planning on killing Buffy for quite some time. It has to have occurred to him as a natural place to end the show. I, personally, don't mind the last two seasons (or at least the sixth), but a lot of people really hate them. (Me, I think all the crying in season 5 gets really old really fast, and the Dawn storyline was a butchery in a lot of ways, and foreshadowed Sanctimonious Overserious Buffy from Season 7 a lot.)

Feb 17th 2007

Season 7 was annoying, I thought. And I wanted to drive a stake through Dawn every chance I got.

Feb 18th 2007

I wanted to drive a stake through Dawn every chance I got.

Ahem... TWSS

Feb 18th 2007

I think this is a more TWHS moment, really. And kinda gross given that she was like 14 when she started.

Feb 19th 2007

Oh yeah, I never though about that. Or that. Me and my big mouth...

Feb 19th 2007

That's what she said.

I felt that the Dawn storyline was a horror, and all the crying was tiresome, but I felt that the final punch of the show (not going to spoil it for the unspoiled) was worth waiting for.

Feb 19th 2007

Yeah, the final fate of Sunnydale was perfect. I just got so tired of Buffy in Season 7. I found myself talking to the screen: "Shut up, Buffy. Shut uuuuuuuuup, Buffy. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WILL YOU CAN IT?!"

Feb 19th 2007

I felt that the Dawn storyline was a horror, and all the crying was tiresome

I don't know where they got the idea that adolescent girls spend 75% of their time crying and writing angry diary entries. Anyone? Suck it up, Dawn!

As an aside, I can't watch Michelle Trachtenberg in anything now.

Aug 25th 2008

Hi BigTunaFishing!

Aug 25th 2008

What's up with these random threads that haven't seen the light of day for years on end? It's giving me an uneasy feeling, seeing them take over the front page.

Aug 25th 2008

I think bringing them back to the front page is a hate crime. Because I hate it.

Aug 25th 2008

Much like peach iced tea and anal fissures, no doubt.

Aug 25th 2008 edited

It's like Packer pooped on the NA floor and stunk up the entire board. That's what it's like.

Aug 25th 2008

I don't see any package. How big was it?

Aug 25th 2008

Your mom's ratings suck.

1. <
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. >
91 to 116 of 116
Top of PageBack to discussions